Bump when you get something in vape mail.

Tam

1 hour ago, Earthling789 said:

Looks like more than a few, Jason... you'll be making juice until the cows come home :)

Nice to see they've gone to all glass bottles at Wizard Labs... I'm sure the flavors will taste even better now!

I hope it all works out!  I really have not made much yet.  @Compenstine has been trying to get all of this through my thick skull... I am glad he is patient!  With my scheduled and resistance to change flavors, he has had his hands full... :lol:

They are mostly TFA flavors, repackaged by Wizard Labs.  I should go straight to the manufacturer, but Wizard Labs has been really good to me, so far, and I really don't have enough figured out to need any more than 30ml bottles. 

I also forgot to put in the picture that I bought a bunch of empty bottles, and 3 different cherry flavors from Comp this week too.

• 2 weeks later...

So I am digging my new (ish) Youde Zephyrus V2 tank!  Holy cow they made some nice improvements to this gem and I loved the first version.  They improved the top fill design so you don't have to twist off the top and unplug that little rubber deal.  Now, you just twist the top 90 deg and fill and you're good to go.  Also, they have provided a plug that allows you to use in single coil mode which means it is now suitable for TC mode and that is fantastic.  They also totally redesigned the wicking ports and it is much easier to wick and soaks up juice like a sponge.  This thing is a juice hog but oh so good. I'm getting a couple more.

Edited by Bebop

Two more Aspire Triton 2 and four more 5-packs of 1.8 ohm coils came in the vape mail today from Mt. Baker Vaper. This makes a total of seven Triton 2 tanks (four in rotation and the rest are back ups just in case). Got a 10 ml of free juice from Mt. Baker Vaper called Vanishing Oatmeal Treats that smells... intriguing... and yummy. I'm curious if the juice tastes as good as it smells (it smells like a fresh baked oatmeal cookie with hints of cinnamon). So far I've not liked any of the juices from this vendor even though I've really wanted to -- this might be the one to change my mind.  :D

And I think I've taken to getting back ups a little too much to heart. I don't need to buy anymore coils for the Triton for quite some time. The four 5-packs I got today? Didn't realize that I had eight stashed in a drawer. This brings the total to twelve 5-packs. We have now officially ventured into the "hoarder" zone.  :lol: 

Edited by Tam

18 minutes ago, Tam said:

The four 5-packs I got today? Didn't realize that I had eight stashed in a drawer. This brings the total to twelve 5-packs. We have now officially ventured into the "hoarder" zone.

The 30 5-packs of Kanger coils I bought two years ago?  Yes... 150 coils... yeah, I still have 4 boxes of the BCC left (for the KPT2), and just ran out of BDC (for my Aerotanks) about 3 months ago... so I bought another 10 packs of the upgraded Organic Cotton BDC, :D

You can never have too many, Tam... I'm sitting on at least 9 packs of 1.2 Ohm Horizontal Subtank coils, and another 3 boxes of Ni200, but only 2 packs of Triton coils :( Guess I need to catch up? lol

Just now, Earthling789 said:

The 30 5-packs of Kanger coils I bought two years ago?  Yes... 150 coils... yeah, I still have 4 boxes of the BCC left (for the KPT2), and just ran out of BDC (for my Aerotanks) about 3 months ago... so I bought another 10 packs of the upgraded Organic Cotton BDC, :D

You can never have too many, Tam... I'm sitting on at least 9 packs of 1.2 Ohm Horizontal Subtank coils, and another 3 boxes of Ni200, but only 2 packs of Triton coils :( Guess I need to catch up? lol

Well... compared to those number, I guess I'm a rank amateur. Now I feel so much better. Thanks, Earthling.  :)  *runs off to order more Triton coils* 

• 3 weeks later...

Today's vape mail contained my 5 packs of 1.2 Ohm Horizontal OCC SubTank coils and 10 SS drip-tips from GearBest... (which I ordered in January, lol) -  Still waiting on two Wismec Presa 40W to arrive :(

And my order from Wizard Labs:

• Bubblegum - Juicy (240ml)
  • Gummy Candy (120ml)
  • Cinnamon ACL (240ml)
  • Peanut Butter (120ml)
  • Sweet-tart Candy (120ml)
  • Champagne (120ml)
  • Vanilla Custard (120ml)
  • Milk Chocolate (120ml)
  • Bavarian Cream (120ml)
  • Two 100ml graduated cylinders
  • Two 50ml graduated cylinders
  • Two 100ml beakers
  • Two 250ml beakers
  • 500ml 100mg Nicotine in VG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My turn. Well...I took a very big jump into the pond. I am now the proud owner of a Cool Fire IV plus, ISub Apex tank and the Cleito tank. The Cool Fire is nice. Feels good in the hand and the buttons are sturdy. It is 70w with a built in battery. The Apex came with two .5ohm coils and the Cleito has a .4ohm and .2ohm coils.

I have been using the Nautilus and Protanks. These new tanks are kicking my butt. It took me awhile to figure out how to draw on these without choking to death. But the flavor is outstanding! OMG! I can actually taste my liquids now. I have the airflow wide open and the wattage set at the minimum for the coils. Will take me awhile to get used to it before I can fine tune it up or down. The only downside I see is cleaning the Apex tank. It doesn't exactly come apart like other tanks. I will share that with you all later. Today was a good vaping day. 

On 4/12/2016 at 9:57 PM, BirdDog said:

My turn. Well...I took a very big jump into the pond. I am now the proud owner of a Cool Fire IV plus, ISub Apex tank and the Cleito tank. The Cool Fire is nice. Feels good in the hand and the buttons are sturdy. It is 70w with a built in battery. The Apex came with two .5ohm coils and the Cleito has a .4ohm and .2ohm coils.

I have been using the Nautilus and Protanks. These new tanks are kicking my butt. It took me awhile to figure out how to draw on these without choking to death. But the flavor is outstanding! OMG! I can actually taste my liquids now. I have the airflow wide open and the wattage set at the minimum for the coils. Will take me awhile to get used to it before I can fine tune it up or down. The only downside I see is cleaning the Apex tank. It doesn't exactly come apart like other tanks. I will share that with you all later. Today was a good vaping day. 

One thing to keep in mind BirdDog... when you move into sub-ohm territory, you need to REDUCE your nicotine strength by the same percentage (general rule).  So, if you're currently using a 1.8 Ohm coil, and you drop to a 0.5 Ohm coil, you're reducing the resistance by 62%.  If you were using 12mg with that 1.8 Ohm coil, you should drop to 3mg Nicotine strength.  If you try to use 12mg in the 0.5 Ohm coil, it will tear you up with throat-hit, as well as increasing the Nicotine absorption rate due to the increased heat and vapor volume.... it would be like using 43mg strength in your Nautilus @ 1.8 Ohms.... which I'm sure you'd not want to do :)

16 hours ago, Earthling789 said:

One thing to keep in mind BirdDog... when you move into sub-ohm territory, you need to REDUCE your nicotine strength by the same percentage (general rule).  So, if you're currently using a 1.8 Ohm coil, and you drop to a 0.5 Ohm coil, you're reducing the resistance by 62%.  If you were using 12mg with that 1.8 Ohm coil, you should drop to 3mg Nicotine strength.  If you try to use 12mg in the 0.5 Ohm coil, it will tear you up with throat-hit, as well as increasing the Nicotine absorption rate due to the increased heat and vapor volume.... it would be like using 43mg strength in your Nautilus @ 1.8 Ohms.... which I'm sure you'd not want to do :)

That was my plan. I was going to run down to the local shop and pick up some lower nic liquids. However, I have been using the 12 mg and I seem to not have any issues. Not feeling any side effects of nic overload and I finally figured out the draw on the sub ohm. Not harsh at all, but I really don't have any harsh flavors in my rotation to begin with. Once I got the hang of it, I was able to close up the airflow and seem happy. I am going to buy some lower nic liquids and make the switch in the tanks.  Guess I am just a bit weird and keeping an eye on how I am feeling so I don't overload. Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.

I want to add a disclaimer to my last post for all vapers wanting to go to sub-ohm route, listen to what Earthling789 said in his reply post to me!

Do not do as I do or am doing. I have been vaping for a very long time, I know the effects of nicotine overload! I am being extremely careful vaping 12mg in a sub-ohm tank!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got a CoolFire IV TC100 today from 101Vapes. So far I'm really liking this in wattage mode, haven't tried the TC yet, I'm waiting until I need to change coils in my Triton. The iStick TC is not very impressive for me but I think I may be looking at getting a few more CoolFire IV TC100 in future.  :) 

Today's vape-mail isn't any cool vaping gear, but something I needed...   We're planning a vacation to FL later this week, so I realized with two vapers, for a week, we needed a compact 18650 battery charger to take with us.  We could charge in the MODs, but that takes too long, and I don't like being tethered to a USB cable....  So, I bought another Nitecore UM20 for keeping in her vehicle (permanently), and a Nitecore i2 for use in the condo (and we'll have a good spare/back-up for home).  I got both, from Amazon, for $22, shipped PRIME :D  The UM20 even came with a wall adapter and lighter plug... and the i2 came with the car-kit, too...  I probably could have gotten away with buying only one, but you can never have too many chargers, right?