- While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Please watch your language when posting. If you must vent or "let loose" use our "Rants & Complaints" forum.
- Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such.
- No trolling - A troll is someone who posts something with the specific purpose of angering other members.
- No spamming - This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
- Discussion of illegal activities is not allowed. That means no drug talk. There are plenty of other forums on the web for this type of discussion. This is not the place for it.
- Please keep all DIY e liquid chatter in the DIY forum.
- Link Spam - You must not link spam the forum (post links for the purpose of advertising). Genuine messages with genuine links that are relevant and of use to our community are permitted. Link Spam will be deleted and a warning or ban may be issued.
- We reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules.
- FOR THOSE NEW TO THE INTERNET, WRITING IN ALL CAPS GENERALLY MEANS YOU'RE YELLING. WE CAN HEAR YOU. WE'RE NOT GOING TO BAN YOU BUT PLEASE, TRY TO RESIST THE URGE TO WRITE IN ALL CAPS.
Vendors, (U.S., Canadian and UK Vendors only)
For a number of years we removed vendors ability to post on the forum due to the significant amount of spammy posts that required deleting almost daily. After much discussion and watching what has been successful on similar forums, we are opening the board back up to suppliers. Though we have our own store, we've always prided ourselves on staying neutral and allowing our members to post and discuss a wide variety of products, often not our own, without fear of repercussion. We'd like to open the forum back up to suppliers but kindly ask that you follow our simple ruleset below.
Vendors are welcome to post on the forum as fellow vapers. You may post a link to your website in your signature. (A useful posts makes Vapor Talk Member happy = Happy Vapor Talk Member sees your link, potentially visits your store.)
We welcome vendors to use their store logo as their avatar. In return, you must link back to Vapor Talk Using one of the banners located in this thread. Failure to follow this simple request will result in a warning from the staff first and a permanent ban second.
Additional guidelines are posted below
- You must be an "established" vendor for 6 months with a website. No eBay or Facebook sellers.
- You must link back to this forum on your homepage with one of the graphics supplied in the thread above. If you need additional sizes, please contact us.
- This must be in a static format which cannot be reduced in size for any reason
- You may not link directly or indirectly to your store in a post unless a member specifically asks about your product. We've been doing this for ten years, please don't try to create secondary accounts with the sole purpose of "asking" yourself a question. Our staff members are pretty diligent and almost always catch these clone accounts.
- No coaxing or bribing members to tag you so that you can post vendor forbidden content.
- No Drug/Dry Herb/CBD related pics, videos, posts, links, or Drug/Dry Herb/CBD references are permitted. Also if your website is all dry/wax related product you will not be permitted to post your links.
- Vendors, under no circumstances, may post personally identifiable information. We take the privacy of our forum members seriously.
- We offer banner advertising to suppliers (Limited slots are available) You can purchase a banner program by Clicking Here
After you have linked back to the forum, please contact one of the Forum Admins. We will move you into the "Approved" Supplier Group. If you feel you've been accidently or unfairly banned, please contact us via our support portal located Here. Please ensure you had the @vaportalk.com domain to your safe senders list. We answer all tickets.
- Animated avatars and animated signatures are not allowed. Sorry.
- Avatars that may confuse normal members with that of a Vapor Talk staff member are prohibited
Affiliate Advertising, Review sites, blogs etc
- When using text in your signature please use a reasonable font size. Greatly increasing your font size takes valuable space away from people's screens. We like to keep our forum pages neat and clean.
Affiliate advertising is not allowed on the Vapor Talk forum, shout box or chat room - Either directly or indirectly. This includes, but is not limited to, affiliate links, discount codes with an affiliate code, or clickable signature banners. This also includes links to external web pages with these codes/links/banners.