Bump when you get something in vape mail.

Tam

No.  Think not.  Do, or do not.  There is no think.

A little out of the (Incredibly low) price range right now. Check to check, at the moment. Had to pick up a $15 120ml...

I'll get back up there eventually. I've been running the same build for almost a month because I can't even budget wire at this point.

Aspire Triton from Kidney Puncher came in today with two boxes of 1.8 ohm coils. OMG. I'm in love...  :D

You should review it once you've had a little time with it. I'm looking to get one for my dad if it's a good mouth-to-lung tank.

You should review it once you've had a little time with it. I'm looking to get one for my dad if it's a good mouth-to-lung tank.

I did, it's in the e-cig review area. Kanger Subtank mini vs Aspire Triton.  :)

A little out of the (Incredibly low) price range right now. Check to check, at the moment. Had to pick up a $15 120ml...

I'll get back up there eventually. I've been running the same build for almost a month because I can't even budget wire at this point.

Bushwick i know the feeling. The only wire i have right now is a 25ft spool of 24g, but i did find someone on ebay who is selling 550ft of wire in assorted guages for $16. Only problem is that its coming from china.

Locally, Kanthal (and all wire) is way too expensive, and the cheapest place I've found wire that isn't taking a slow-boat from China is on Amazon.  The last spools I bought were 100+ foot spools, and the most expensive one I've purchased was $6 (shipped free) from Lightning Vapes.  The cheapest was ~ $3 for 30 and 32ga, also from Lightning Vapes.  If you shop on Amazon, you should give them a look for your wire.  Oh, and Selena/Labo brand Organic Japanese cotton is $7 for a HUGE bag, and it is just as good as any of the big-name-brand pads... Comp proved that in his side-by-side comparison tests!  I've had my bag for a year now, and barely made a dent in it, even after giving away dozens of pads to friends :)

I know $20-30 is hard to come-by sometimes... especially these days... but getting several 100' spools of Kanthal and a big bag of good cotton for that $20-30 will keep you in coils and wicks for the next couple of years...

Locally, Kanthal (and all wire) is way too expensive, and the cheapest place I've found wire that isn't taking a slow-boat from China is on Amazon.  The last spools I bought were 100+ foot spools, and the most expensive one I've purchased was $6 (shipped free) from Lightning Vapes.  The cheapest was ~ $3 for 30 and 32ga, also from Lightning Vapes.  If you shop on Amazon, you should give them a look for your wire.  Oh, and Selena/Labo brand Organic Japanese cotton is $7 for a HUGE bag, and it is just as good as any of the big-name-brand pads... Comp proved that in his side-by-side comparison tests!  I've had my bag for a year now, and barely made a dent in it, even after giving away dozens of pads to friends :)

I know $20-30 is hard to come-by sometimes... especially these days... but getting several 100' spools of Kanthal and a big bag of good cotton for that $20-30 will keep you in coils and wicks for the next couple of years...

I buy most of my wire from Amazon also, but if you are going to go with Lightning Vapes brand wire, check their website.  I have been looking at picking up a lot of wire for different builds I want to try and I have found the prices are actually cheaper from LV's website in some cases than on Amazon.  Most of the time the prices are the same, but there are cases where one is cheaper than the other and it isn't always Amazon that's cheaper.  Lightning Vapes also offers free shipping when ordering directly from their website, just like they do through Amazon.

I buy most of my wire from Amazon also, but if you are going to go with Lightning Vapes brand wire, check their website.  I have been looking at picking up a lot of wire for different builds I want to try and I have found the prices are actually cheaper from LV's website in some cases than on Amazon.  Most of the time the prices are the same, but there are cases where one is cheaper than the other and it isn't always Amazon that's cheaper.  Lightning Vapes also offers free shipping when ordering directly from their website, just like they do through Amazon.

I will second this!  I had been ordering all of my TEMCO wire from amazon.  It was really reasonable, but I had to pay shipping (I am not a prime member).  I went straight to them, and got it cheaper, and free shipping.  It was refreshing!

• 2 weeks later...

I got my ipv mini D2 in today.

I ordered from 101 Vape on preorder.  I am initially disappointed because some people got silicone sleeves and some didn't.  I didn't.  It was still wrapped in plastic, but no cover inside.  I am also not pleased with using a menu to change the temps.  The iStick has me spoiled with the simplicity.  It vapes great, and having the option of using higher power, and removable 18650s is a bit plus.  It is a great size and weight, although a bit heavy for it's size.

Here it is next to my iStick:

ipvD2.thumb.jpg.a3ce01167100f131df9445a8

ipvD2-B.thumb.jpg.a5df4fe494ea34e5f7bafb

I got mine from 101 yesterday too but was not expecting it. I forgot that I had pre-ordered from them too.Mine did come with the sleeve (not shown) but it is a PitA to remove and put it back on when swapping cells. I like the surprising heft to it's weight - solidly built.

Smok TFV4 Kit is wonderful though. All my tanks are now dead to me (sort of :) ). The coils and RBA are huge... easy to build on but still on the triple coil and have not tried building anything yet. Surprisingly no overhang on D2 but there is a slight overhang on IPV4.

oZe7qhY.jpg

I got mine from 101 yesterday too but was not expecting it. I forgot that I had pre-ordered from them too.Mine did come with the sleeve (not shown) but it is a PitA to remove and put it back on when swapping cells. I like the surprising heft to it's weight - solidly built.

Smok TFV4 Kit is wonderful though. All my tanks are now dead to me (sort of :) ). The coils and RBA are huge... easy to build on but still on the triple coil and have not tried building anything yet. Surprisingly no overhang on D2 but there is a slight overhang on IPV4.

I have been following a thread on another board and it looks like it is about 50/50 who got the sleeves and who didn't.  I do wish I had gotten one since my last P4Y mod's paint fell off quickly.  I am really liking it though.

I have been looking at the TFV4.  It looks mean with the triple and quad coils.  Are they Ti or Ni?  At $24 for 5 they are a little steep.  I really like the way you fill it.  I am spoiled to top fill, and they took top fill to another level!  Keep us posted on how you like it.

I have been following a thread on another board and it looks like it is about 50/50 who got the sleeves and who didn't.  I do wish I had gotten one since my last P4Y mod's paint fell off quickly.  I am really liking it though.

I have been looking at the TFV4.  It looks mean with the triple and quad coils.  Are they Ti or Ni?  At $24 for 5 they are a little steep.  I really like the way you fill it.  I am spoiled to top fill, and they took top fill to another level!  Keep us posted on how you like it.

I ordered another D2. This one is going to sis-in-law so I can get my SX mini back. I can send you the sleeve if you want it.

SMOK is planning to release 11 coils for TFV4 - 3 RBAs(single, dual, and single vertical), triple and quad coils, and the rest are NI or Ti coils but those are not out yet. I bought this mainly for the RBA decks, and the TC coils for when I am too lazy to build. I think I saw a couple of sites that sell them for $19 for 5-pack. Some sites are just gouging since it is not widely available. I remember STM coils were going for $20-25/pack when they were new.

The quad and triple coils are juice guzzlers though and not meant for single cell mods (you can but you'll go through cells like no tomorrow). I went through 20ml in 3 hrs yesterday. lol If I am not DIY'ing, I'd cry over how fast I'm running out of juice. But for special occasion use, the triple and quad would be alright for a binge., 

Edited by iQuit

I ordered another D2. This one is going to sis-in-law so I can get my SX mini back. I can send you the sleeve if you want it.

SMOK is planning to release 11 coils for TFV4 - 3 RBAs(single, dual, and single vertical), triple and quad coils, and the rest are NI or Ti coils but those are not out yet. I bought this mainly for the RBA decks, and the TC coils for when I am too lazy to build. I think I saw a couple of sites that sell them for $19 for 5-pack. Some sites are just gouging since it is not widely available. I remember STM coils were going for $20-25/pack when they were new.

The quad and triple coils are juice guzzlers though and not meant for single cell mods (you can but you'll go through cells like no tomorrow). I went through 20ml in 3 hrs yesterday. lol If I am not DIY'ing, I'd cry over how fast I'm running out of juice. But for special occasion use, the triple and quad would be alright for a binge., 

Thanks for the offer, but hang on to it.  I will order some when I find them available.  I was thinking of getting the TFV4 kit from SweetVapes, but I have not shopped around.  Are the Triple and Quad coils temp control?  I have been using the Herakles coil for over a week and it is still going strong Temp control really helps in coil life IMO. The single RBA would be great.  I have not seen it apart with photos.  Is the airflow good?  I find my Lemo 2 and original SubTank Mini a bit too restrictive.

Thanks for the offer, but hang on to it.  I will order some when I find them available.  I was thinking of getting the TFV4 kit from SweetVapes, but I have not shopped around.  Are the Triple and Quad coils temp control?  I have been using the Herakles coil for over a week and it is still going strong Temp control really helps in coil life IMO. The single RBA would be great.  I have not seen it apart with photos.  Is the airflow good?  I find my Lemo 2 and original SubTank Mini a bit too restrictive.

I ordered mine from smogdistro.com and FT but I rec'd the one from FT first. Those are the 2 cheapest that I have found. I read others claiming Uwell Crown is better or a close second to TFV4 (depending on who you ask) on the 100w+ range on quad/triple coils. 

The triple and quad TFV4 coils are kanthal. All their TC coils (yet to be released) will be dual and comes in 2 versions. 1 is standard and the other in "Air Core". I don't know what that means but I think it has more airflow? SMOK TFV4 Coils

Airflow is superb. A little to airy for me so I close the bottom AF partially but I could get used to it. STM and Lemo2 are restrictive for me too (especially now compared with TFV4) but tolerable. 

It has 4x 4mm (possibly larger, dont have a caliper) The coiler shown inserted is 3mm.

m3YVkybl.jpg

Deck AF hole is at least 4mm

69gpXfll.jpg

1 of 2 large liquid hole on the RBA

F5zJAanl.jpg

I ordered mine from smogdistro.com and FT but I rec'd the one from FT first. Those are the 2 cheapest that I have found. I read others claiming Uwell Crown is better or a close second to TFV4 (depending on who you ask) on the 100w+ range on quad/triple coils. 

The triple and quad TFV4 coils are kanthal. All their TC coils (yet to be released) will be dual and comes in 2 versions. 1 is standard and the other in "Air Core". I don't know what that means but I think it has more airflow? SMOK TFV4 Coils

Airflow is superb. A little to airy for me so I close the bottom AF partially but I could get used to it. STM and Lemo2 are restrictive for me too (especially now compared with TFV4) but tolerable. 

It has 4x 4mm (possibly larger, dont have a caliper) The coiler shown inserted is 3mm.

Deck AF hole is at least 4mm

1 of 2 large liquid hole on the RBA

Thank you!  Wow I really like that!  The RBA looks to be close to the size of the Lemo 2.  With better airflow?  Top fill.  Huge capacity.  I think I will get one soon!