Bump Everytime You Buy Something New

blucavvy

I was trying to order one of those the other day in wood but all they had was the 160W version. It was only $10 more so I got it though I doubt I'll ever need 160W. They say I can fire my .2 ohm coil from 30w - 100w. I find I can't fire it much above 40w without it being uncomfortably hot.

Picked up a Silo Beast. I'm turning into a tank junkie. Also painted the iPV4. Silver was boring. Now sporting a sweet translucent orange.5530e7a524f8734c04813a7192a03e2e.jpg

I also got rid of the mirrored finish, buffed it out and sprayed it the same color. 1965f3bb7cc2926ba60d1810713e13eb.jpg

Nice job. Getting ready to paint my Cloupor T8.  On aluminum self etching primer is a must for a base coat!

I scuffed the factory finish with some 0000 steel wool to give the clear acrylic something to "bite". Two coats of the clear orange, two coats of clear acrylic, and a good buffing :)

Picked up a Silo Beast. I'm turning into a tank junkie. Also painted the iPV4. Silver was boring. Now sporting a sweet translucent orange.5530e7a524f8734c04813a7192a03e2e.jpg

I also got rid of the mirrored finish, buffed it out and sprayed it the same color.

1965f3bb7cc2926ba60d1810713e13eb.jpg

Dude that looks awesome 

I used to custom paint paintball markers (guns).  Most are aluminum, the self etching primer makes a solid bond and the paint adheres better and stays longer.  I had a buddy that talked me into painting his Macbook pro, Dodge Viper blue. It actually turned out good.  That was 3 years ago, still looks good.

Looks nice Adversarious1! Let us know how it holds up over time.

In the past I have painted laptops and desk tops. I always used a primer and sanded all surfaces. Many clear coats sanding between layers of color.

Here are a couple of examples:

This was just plain aluminum, I painted the blue.

FrankieBluecomp02.jpg

This is a Laptop I did. (Old IBM)

AliciasLaptop.jpg

If done right it can be very durable and last a long time.

Thanks for the props guys. Fortunately, painting isn't a new area for me., although usually I'm painting model tanks. The one area I was actually concerned with was the buttons because of the amount handling they will be exposed to. I may go ahead and pull them out and paint them black though.

• 2 weeks later...

I scuffed the factory finish with some 0000 steel wool to give the clear acrylic something to "bite". Two coats of the clear orange, two coats of clear acrylic, and a good buffing

:)

Sweet paint job. I like it. 

Got an E-leaf Melo yesterday. Awesome tank for a good price. Also picked up some semi-custom juice from the B&M. It's an 80/20 mix. Pina Colada with a little extra pineapple. I was beginning to forget how good their house juice really is.

Got an E-leaf Melo yesterday. Awesome tank for a good price. Also picked up some semi-custom juice from the B&M. It's an 80/20 mix. Pina Colada with a little extra pineapple. I was beginning to forget how good their house juice really is.

I like my Melo its a juice hog though :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I bought a Kanger Pro Tank 3 and some Butterscotch e-juice. Should be receiving it tomorrow.

Definitely nothing fancy compared to what you all have been purchasing, but I had only been using plastic clearomizers so this should be a nice step up for me. 

mmmmm Butterscotch

I bought a Kanger Pro Tank 3 and some Butterscotch e-juice. Should be receiving it tomorrow.

Definitely nothing fancy compared to what you all have been purchasing, but I had only been using plastic clearomizers so this should be a nice step up for me. 

It doesn't have to be anything fancy as long as it works for you. The Kanger Pro Tank 3 are very dependable workhorses.  :)