Bump Everytime You Buy Something New

blucavvy

I don't keep a budget either (technically), but I do allow myself ~ $100/month in non-essential spending, be it wardrobe, vape-supplies, toys,  household indulgences, etc....  I sometimes go over, sometimes don't spend any of it... but it gives me a bit of mad-money to have fun with!  I've had to live on a tight budget before, and this gives me the feeling of a budget without the constraints of not being able to afford electricity if I over-spend :D

I really would like to live on a budget, but it just is not possible with out near-physical violence (j/k) at our house.  We have been blessed, and are really lucky that no matter what has been thrown at us we have always got by.  We never have any left over, but we always make it.  I was really hoping when I got my age, I would be more responsible, it just hasn't worked that way.  We have tried so many times to stick to a budget to get out of debt, but I think short of going to a totally cash based system it will never work. (for us)  Neither one of us are willing to accept that much pain right now.

Of course it is my wifes fault....j/k

Edited by jasonculp

So Earthling got you to spend money on something you aren't sure you like or not? Lol wow he's good

Well, he didn't specify the Aspire Triton but between him and Rixter... I never stood a chance.

And yes, Earthling really is that good. Beware and guard your wallet carefully!  :D

Well, so much for my so-called vaping 'budget'. Just ordered an Aspire Triton with the optional RTA deck and two 5-packs of the 1.8 ohm coil from Kidney Puncher. *sighs*

Earthling, I'm blaming YOU for getting me started on these RTAs. Still not sure if I like them or not.  :evil:

I have really been looking at the Triton.  I am just afraid of the the RBA section.  I am having a heck of a time building coils small enough to fit in these things (using Ni200)  I prefer the flavor I am getting from nickel, but miss the ease of Kantal  The twisted Kanthal/Ni200 is working, but wish someone would make a high airflow single coil RTA with a big build deck.

I have really been looking at the Triton.  I am just afraid of the the RBA section.  I am having a heck of a time building coils small enough to fit in these things (using Ni200)  I prefer the flavor I am getting from nickel, but miss the ease of Kantal  The twisted Kanthal/Ni200 is working, but wish someone would make a high airflow single coil RTA with a big build deck.

The RBA section is separate so you don't have to get it if you don't want to. No help, I know. Sorry!  :(

The RBA section is separate so you don't have to get it if you don't want to. No help, I know. Sorry!  :(

Just knowing that you bought a tank with an RBA is enough help!  I am seriously looking at it.  I probably won't buy another tank without an RBA.  I prefer building my own coils.  Not to mention I can buy a gob of wire and cotton for the price of a pack of coils.

I haven't bought a stock coil in a long time. (unless I need some to rebuild) Even as cheap as the KPT coils are, I rebuild them. I think the rebuilds are better than the stock coils anyway, can't buy flat wire stock coils. New policy for me is if it can't be rebuilt I don't need it.  

I haven't bought a stock coil in a long time. (unless I need some to rebuild) Even as cheap as the KPT coils are, I rebuild them. I think the rebuilds are better than the stock coils anyway, can't buy flat wire stock coils. New policy for me is if it can't be rebuilt I don't need it.  

Right now I'm running on little time and even less patience. Stock coils are my saving grace.  :)

Right now I'm running on little time and even less patience. Stock coils are my saving grace.  :)

I'm semi retired so I have spare time to rebuild coils besides I enjoy it.

One day in the not so distant future I, too, will get to retire. When that time comes, I'll be up to my eyeballs in rebuilt coils. Can't wait to be able to stop working 10 - 14 hour days.  :)

Discovered something about the 1.5 vertical subtank coil, was refilling, and noticed the coil was getting a little gunked up, I ran a pipe cleaner down the center of it, and twisted it around a little, and now its clean again. It might extend the life of the coil if I do that every time I refill it.

I picked these up a pair of LG HE2 18650's yesterday from the local Walgreen's for $5 each, and finally unboxed them for charging a few minutes ago...  I didn't realize Walgreen's carried them, but apparently some CPAP machines use 18650's as a battery-backup in case of power-outages (learn something new every day), so they began stocking them.

I figured I could at least give them a good try, and from what I hear, they are as good and reliable as my Samsung 25r's, so I guess I'll find out soon enough? 

lg-he2-3.7v-2500mah-high-drain-35a-18650

(I was too lazy to snap a picture of them, so I "borrowed" this one from Amazon, lol)

Edited by Earthling789

Discovered something about the 1.5 vertical subtank coil, was refilling, and noticed the coil was getting a little gunked up, I ran a pipe cleaner down the center of it, and twisted it around a little, and now its clean again. It might extend the life of the coil if I do that every time I refill it.

I'm going to give this a try on my next tank refill. Thanks for the tip!