Bump Everytime You Buy Something New

blucavvy

I've been waiting quite some time for Provape to update the feature set of their high quality device but it appears that they're content to let the Provari achieve high quality dinosaur status. So I just pulled the trigger on a SvoeMesto Semovar SM V3

http://shop.vaperev.com/devices/semovar-mod.html

from Vaperev. Can't wait.

I got my Semovar today and have been using it for about an hour or so. I'm very impressed so far with both the performance and build quality. The difference in voltage modulation is apparent via the Nivel chip vs. the eVic, Sigelei Zmax, Vamo that I have. I'm still dialing in the sweet spot wattage wise as the voltage modulation is finer grained and smoother which for me translates into a slightly higher wattage setting than I've grown accustomed to on my other devices.

I'll do an actual review in a few days. FWIW here's a link to the English documentation in pdf form. It's at the bottom of the page:

http://svoemesto-manual.de/

I got my Semovar today and have been using it for about an hour or so. I'm very impressed so far with both the performance and build quality. The difference in voltage modulation is apparent via the Nivel chip vs. the eVic, Sigelei Zmax, Vamo that I have. I'm still dialing in the sweet spot wattage wise as the voltage modulation is finer grained and smoother which for me translates into a slightly higher wattage setting than I've grown accustomed to on my other devices.

I'll do an actual review in a few days. FWIW here's a link to the English documentation in pdf form. It's at the bottom of the page:

http://svoemesto-manual.de/

Im glad someone else mentioned the difference between the 33mhz chipset in most mods and the Provari/Nivel/DNA chipsets!

It's called theft here in Colorado too...try that **** in my shop....

Some people need to relax and take a joke.. of course I let the vendor know and he said oh sorry thanks for letting me know.. I can spend my money else where it's all good.. I actually talked to you on the phone and you seemed nice but it's all good...

Just purchased viva nova tank.. so at first I'm at the cashier and I notice where's my vivi nova tank! He says oh didn't i get you one? I say nope he says oh lemme get you one... so I get home and what do I feel in my coat? 2 vivi nova tanks! apparently he did give me a tank and I was too tired to remember.. So the majestic scholar that I am , filled up the other tank too .. :wub:

You know I figure I spend a lot of money at this place, it was time for a free gift..

Good thing I'm not where your from

Some people need to relax and take a joke.. of course I let the vendor know and he said oh sorry thanks for letting me know.. I can spend my money else where it's all good.. I actually talked to you on the phone and you seemed nice but it's all good...

Really, your original post doesn't give a hint of humor. It's just sounds like your proud enough to publish that you ripped them off. Even if the cashier made a mistake, if it's in your pocket, and you didn't pay for it, it's shoplifting. You probably think its okay too if a cashier goofs and gives you an extra ten at the grocery store! Even tho she might get fired for a short cash drawer.

And yes, I am the nicest guy around, until you cross me, then not so much.....and if I can't trust you....even less.....I consider integrity one of the most important values one can have..

Enjoy seeing any and all VT members come in to the shop. But as we focus on beginner to intermediate vapers, probably not much to offer you, except some good liquid and exceptional customer service. Instead of being so stealthy you should intro yourself, and join the family!

Really, your original post doesn't give a hint of humor. It's just sounds like your proud enough to publish that you ripped them off. Even if the cashier made a mistake, if it's in your pocket, and you didn't pay for it, it's shoplifting. You probably think its okay too if a cashier goofs and gives you an extra ten at the grocery store! Even tho she might get fired for a short cash drawer.

And yes, I am the nicest guy around, until you cross me, then not so much.....and if I can't trust you....even less.....I consider integrity one of the most important values one can have..

Enjoy seeing any and all VT members come in to the shop. But as we focus on beginner to intermediate vapers, probably not much to offer you, except some good liquid and exceptional customer service. Instead of being so stealthy you should intro yourself, and join the family!

I'm not sure what you mean by stealthy I just found out you worked at rhyno and for the sake of the argument I did pay for the tank and let the vendor know the mix up and he said it's fine it's on us.. I was having a laugh but no I'm not a thief lol..

Vape mail time! I was pleasantly surprised. Vapor Beast offers free shipping, no track and confirm, and since I ordered my juice on Monday, and it was a federal holiday, so it didn't get mailed out until yesterday. Since it was free shipping, I did NOT expect it be here this quickly from California, whereas my package from Alt-Cig, which has track and confirm on it, flat rate fee, was mailed out at the END of business yesterday, not at 2:00 like Vapor Beast, and didn't even hit the Las Vegas Post Office until 7 pm yesterday. I'm assuming I will get it tomorrow, because nothing's been entered for today, which means it's in transit to Hazelwood. If Hazelwood gets it tonight, I'll have it tomorrow.

Anyway, about Vapor Beast. This is the one I had so many problems ordering from. Had to order my Kick Ash at 8 mg nic instead of 18, they don't do custom orders. The phone guy tells me they have a "brew master". Package gets here today, I start looking at the labels....uh, no, they don't have a "brew master", they have a commercial company that makes their flavors up for them, labels it with their name, puts lot numbers on it, seals it, puts a DOB on it, and it sits in a warehouse until Vapor Beasts asks them to bring it to their offices. This Kick Ash that was so hard to get, was born in JUNE. It actually has INGREDIENTS listed on it (well, the ones you would expect, then citric acid as a preservative and then a mishmash listing of artificial and natural flavoring), a poison warning, I mean, this label is better than the labels for any company I've seen, so far, juice wise.

Since I was out of Kick Ash except a few drops, I waited until it warmed up to room temperature (and heck, it's three months old, it's steeped enough) and popped it in, as that was probably the only or one of only two or three flavors that I could really taste today - well, okay, I could taste one other (which I should have ordered, but thought I could make it last to the end of the month), and SORTA taste the french vanilla, which is better than I can say for the last week, but it's very, very muted - and have been vaping it since about 7 or 7:30. Now, it's 10 nic points below what I had. Have I vaped more tonight than I really have all day? Possibly. Is it because of the drop in nicotine, because I haven't felt well, or because I can finally freaking taste what I'm vaping fully? Who knows, maybe all three. I'd love to break out the Holy Grail, but today I can barely taste that....I'm going to clean out the tank tomorrow, and see if replacing it with the "fresh stuff" (born in September) helps, or maybe if it's just my brain/mouth being weird again (I'll actually post on that later, when I'm in bed, because I have some thoughts on that, which reminds me, Sheepdog, I keep meaning to PM you, and if I don't tonight, I will tomorrow).

2 AW IMR 18650 2000mah and another KPT2, this time from Sweet-Vapes since they carry the AW batteries I like better.

Going all KPT2 for my daily drivers and using my Davide Minis for flavors I use sporadically but not every day. The more I use the KPT2 the more I like it. Its just so easy to fill compared to the Davide minis that I love, but are sort of a pain in the *** to fill every night lol.

10311416103_3dc6de7c87.jpg

IMG_0029 by IMEDICx90, on Flickr

just in case you wanted to see the new gal. :) still needs a setup but plays wonderfully so far!

She's a beauty!

Yep, mine gets back from the shop today. I always have my guitars set up first thing. Then they play like butta

Soooo..... My ego charger has a broken wire, needed to order a new one... went on discount vapers and ordered one...

and a new wall adapter...

and a 5pk of coils....

and a T3S for the heck of it....

and another 1300mah Vision Spinner...

Went there just for a charger.... do you think this might be considered a disorder of some kind? :blushing:

After a few days of adventure I ended up with a 350mah and 400mah mini ego batteries, Kanger T3S with 2.2 & 1.8 heads, Boge Cartos, and a Vision Nano Clearomiser.

The t3s produces a massive amount of vapor, shame it tastes like crap even after messing with the wick/rubber bung. The cartos weren't much better - reminded me of the disposable ecigs I tried years back.

Oddly enough the Nano that was bought mistakenly thinking it'd work with an eRoll is the best of the bunch. At the back of my mind I wasn't looking forward to its delivery, thinking it a waste of money that'd just sit in a draw, so that was nice. Wonder what next week will bring

I have to say grrrr. While my Vapor Beast free first class no tracking shipping made it from CA in two days, my Alt-Cig package evidennttly was received by the Vegas post office Tuesday night, then spent aall day Wednesday being reprocessed there, only arriving at Hazelwood, MO tonight,, so I'll get it tommorow, the coldest day of fall, so far. I will not get y mail until between three and five pm, and for soe reaso, out of the blue tonight (and I mean I was fine, and then 15 minutes later, I was like this), hjust about everthing started to taste harsh to me. I am starting to seriously consider the DIY option.

Bought another KPT2, a 30 ml bottle of apple pie and peppermint, and a 10 ml bottle of pomegranate in 12 mg nic, 50/50 from Rino Vapes tonight. :)

Let us know if you like, very interested ....

[ quote name="spydre" post="173933" timestamp="1382074813"]I have to say grrrr. While my Vapor Beast free first class no tracking shipping made it from CA in two days, my Alt-Cig package evidennttly was received by the Vegas post office Tuesday night, then spent aall day Wednesday being reprocessed there, only arriving at Hazelwood, MO tonight,, so I'll get it tommorow, the coldest day of fall, so far. I will not get y mail until between three and five pm, and for soe reaso, out of the blue tonight (and I mean I was fine, and then 15 minutes later, I was like this), hjust about everthing started to taste harsh to me. I am starting to seriously consider the DIY option.

Let us know if you like, very interested ....

It's too much fun trying others liquid, if I did DIY it would drive me nuts trying too hard to get it right!

Well, I already know I like the apple pie. When I tried it in the CE4 I was tempted to vape it dry right there! The others will get a spin once I get home and have the time to really get a good go around with them. :)

Even tinkering with juices gets interesting trying to get it "right". When I was working on getting my mojito the way I wanted it I wound up getting too much nicotine and got dizzy. Had to stop for the night and take it slow the next day. :lol:

Let us know if you like, very interested ....l

[ quote name="spydre" post="173933" timestamp="1382074813"]I have to say grrrr. While my Vapor Beast free first class no tracking shipping made it from CA in two days, my Alt-Cig package evidennttly was received by the Vegas post office Tuesday night, then spent aall day Wednesday being reprocessed there, only arriving at Hazelwood, MO tonight,, so I'll get it tommorow, the coldest day of fall, so far. I will not get y mail until between three and five pm, and for soe reaso, out of the blue tonight (and I mean I was fine, and then 15 minutes later, I was like this), hjust about everthing started to taste harsh to me. I am starting to seriously consider the DIY option.

It's too much fun trying others liquid, if I did DIY it would drive me nuts trying too hard to get it right!

You are right about that, of course. And with how my taste has been, I may taste it one day, not the next two days, and then be able to taste it again. Or I mmay judge it as too harsh or too acidic for my taste, when the real problem is how I'm perceiving taste on any given day or hour. Gonna make another post about that, even though there's no real advice I can get for it, except maybe from Sheepdog, to get it off my chest. The problem is I have to keep so many darned flavors around now, depending on what I can orr cannot vape at the moment. It can be expensive, and hubby has already said if it continues to be more expensive than smoking was, it will stop...which frankly, I think, might drive me back to analogs. Or trying to find someplace that carries snus.

2 AW IMR 18650 2000mah and another KPT2, this time from Sweet-Vapes since they carry the AW batteries I like better.

Going all KPT2 for my daily drivers and using my Davide Minis for flavors I use sporadically but not every day. The more I use the KPT2 the more I like it. Its just so easy to fill compared to the Davide minis that I love, but are sort of a pain in the *** to fill every night lol.

OK Carter, you are going to have to slow down on these changes. For some reason I have been following your lead. I'm glad I only got one of the Davides now but to tell you the truth I did not like it at all. It was too airy and like you said a real pain to refill. Now, I guess my next order will be a KPT2. It does seem like everyone is very happy with them. But that will be awhile from now. Just getting 8 EVOD BCCs I think I should be good ...well ...for a lifetime. Just the darn heating coils I have to keep buying. :veryangry:

OK Carter, you are going to have to slow down on these changes. For some reason I have been following your lead. I'm glad I only got one of the Davides now but to tell you the truth I did not like it at all. It was too airy and like you said a real pain to refill. Now, I guess my next order will be a KPT2. It does seem like everyone is very happy with them. But that will be awhile from now. Just getting 8 EVOD BCCs I think I should be good ...well ...for a lifetime. Just the darn heating coils I have to keep buying. :veryangry:

Did you get a regular sized Davide or a mini version? If you got the mini version you'll see three holes around the base. Just put a tiny piece of tape over one of the holes or put your finger over one and take a draw. The tape is what I use and the draw is now better.

If you got the regular Davide, did you get a collar/beauty ring with it? If so you can use that to tighten up the draw by screwing it on, screwing Davide in, then unscrewing the collar with the Davide on until the collar is flush up underneath the bottom of the Davide. That should tighten up the draw by restricting airflow to the tank.

I mean I am still using the Davide Minis, its not like I am tossing them. I have had a KPT2 for a while too. Just after using them both side by side and looking at advantages and disadvantages I decided to start using KPT2s for the 4 flavors I vape every day not because of the draw being airy; you just change the way you take the draw and its all good. I have never really gotten the "airy" thing. Its like drinking a milkshake or drinking a soda through a straw. Both can be awesome drinks but the way you suck them through the straw is different. Its mainly because of the ease of filling, extra capacity, and to be honest the way they look on my Vamo lol. My other flavors I vape occasionally will still go in the Mini Davides. I still think they both are quality quality products and the two best tanks out there in the 2-2.5ml capacity out of all those I have tried. I have not tried the Davide full size mainly because I had a KPT2, liked it, and just went with it.

Patricia, I just found out about the collar trick at about 1 am. Now I have to find my collar, and make sure I didn't pitch it. It's about as airy as my evods right now, although sometimes it gets possessed, and then it gets super airy. I don't know if you are supposed to use the collar with APV's or not, but I literally did not use the collar after the first week (and this was still while I was using a stick battery, before I got my Zmax).

NOTE: I just tried it, and it did restrict the airflow a little bit more, and THAT'S the difference! When I used the collar, I automatically screwed it all the way down into the collar, so the airflow was cut by a bit, because it wasn't entirely steady without screwing it down until it was flush!