Kanger Subtank mini vs Aspire Triton

Tam

Well... I waited for a while to see what the replacement Triton did for me. It worked well for two tankfuls. Then, tonight when I tried to refill the tank, it did the same thing the first tank did. No juice was getting to the coil even though it looked like the hole was open so the juice should've been reaching it. After playing around with it and trying this, a little of that, a little more of this.... stick a fork in me, I'm done.  :(

Earthling, if you're still interested in this thing, I'll be happy to ship it your way complete with extra 1.8 ohm coils and the rebuildable deck. It will go out in this weekend's mai... wait. I have to work this weekend but I'll see if I can't get the SO to ship it out to you. Just say the word and this headache is yours.

I'm very disappointed that this tank didn't work out for me. It could very well be something I'm doing wrong, but it's not working for me past the second refill. Hopefully, someone else will come out with another tank that's great for mouth to lung. In the mean time, once the coil got broken in on the Subtank mini, it's pretty not bad. I'm bouncing back and forth between that and the authentic Russian 91% these days.

Tam does the triton have a bottom fill?

Cany, the Triton is a top fill only.

Oddly, I haven't had a single issue with mine and I'm on my 5th or 6th tank full of liquid right now.  I'm also using the .4 ohm coil rather than the 1.8, so I wonder if that might have anything to do with the problems Tam has experienced.  

Oddly, I haven't had a single issue with mine and I'm on my 5th or 6th tank full of liquid right now.  I'm also using the .4 ohm coil rather than the 1.8, so I wonder if that might have anything to do with the problems Tam has experienced.  

Thanks I thought I read somewhere it was top/bottom fill  makes sense now cause I couldnt figure out hot to get the bottom apart lol

Well... I waited for a while to see what the replacement Triton did for me. It worked well for two tankfuls. Then, tonight when I tried to refill the tank, it did the same thing the first tank did. No juice was getting to the coil even though it looked like the hole was open so the juice should've been reaching it. After playing around with it and trying this, a little of that, a little more of this.... stick a fork in me, I'm done.  :(

Earthling, if you're still interested in this thing, I'll be happy to ship it your way complete with extra 1.8 ohm coils and the rebuildable deck. It will go out in this weekend's mai... wait. I have to work this weekend but I'll see if I can't get the SO to ship it out to you. Just say the word and this headache is yours.

I'm very disappointed that this tank didn't work out for me. It could very well be something I'm doing wrong, but it's not working for me past the second refill. Hopefully, someone else will come out with another tank that's great for mouth to lung. In the mean time, once the coil got broken in on the Subtank mini, it's pretty not bad. I'm bouncing back and forth between that and the authentic Russian 91% these days.

Wow, Tam... sorry that replacement didn't work for you... I'll be happy to take that one off your hands in the name of science... rip it apart and see what makes it tick?  Who knows, maybe a couple strikes with the BFH might beat it into submission? LOL

The Triton sounds like it has many design flaws, from the bases to the coils. It bothers me that you can't take it completely apart to clean it. I wonder if water or excess liquid is getting in the center tube part and causing the turning mechanism to freeze. I would like to really take one apart, after several uses and see what kind of gunk has built up in that center tube.

In the first Triton, I tried the .4 ohm coil and the 1.8 ohm coil and I had the same problem. In all fairness, it also might be the juice but that's highly unlikely, it's 3 mg 40 PG/60 VG. The Triton should be able to handle that with ease.   :(

Wow, Tam... sorry that replacement didn't work for you... I'll be happy to take that one off your hands in the name of science... rip it apart and see what makes it tick?  Who knows, maybe a couple strikes with the BFH might beat it into submission? LOL

Before you rip it apart, play nice with it to see if you can't get it working. Then, if it's being a bitch, take the BFH to it.  :D

Edited by Tam

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I thought I'd update everyone on Tam's Triton (which is now dead and buried, lol)...

Tam sent me her Triton, along with several 1.8 ohm coils and the RBA deck, and I cleaned it and even soaked it in a liquid Nitrogen bath to see if that would kick something loose, and it did work for a couple of fill-ups, then it did the same thing it was doing to Tam... locked-up tight.  I've tried every way I can think of to break this thing apart, but only ended up breaking it into pieces... and it wasn't pretty :D

So, I bought a replacement tank-section from the local B&M (yeah, mark-up!), and so far, I've ran over 30ml of juice through it and it is still running strong (on the same coil)!

I'm hoping the V2's will have this problem fixed, because if their tanks are hit-and-miss like this for finding a functional one... I can see why people are running in droves to the Sub-tank!

Oh, and Sorry, Tam... I've yet to even build the RBA deck for this thing... let alone try it, but I will as soon as this coil dies (maybe) :evil:

Oh, and Sorry, Tam... I've yet to even build the RBA deck for this thing... let alone try it, but I will as soon as this coil dies (maybe) :evil:

You will enjoy building on it.  At least I did.  I made my coil the same size as the wicking holes (2.5mm?), wicked  it tight, and it worked super.  The only problem was how much longer one leg was than the other, so it made the longer leg glow red with the Ni200 and from what I hear, that isn't good.  I quit using it. If I still built with Kanthal, it would be my goto build deck.  It worked super in my SauceCode.

Okay, I thought I'd update everyone on Tam's Triton (which is now dead and buried, lol)...

Tam sent me her Triton, along with several 1.8 ohm coils and the RBA deck, and I cleaned it and even soaked it in a liquid Nitrogen bath to see if that would kick something loose, and it did work for a couple of fill-ups, then it did the same thing it was doing to Tam... locked-up tight.  I've tried every way I can think of to break this thing apart, but only ended up breaking it into pieces... and it wasn't pretty :D

So, I bought a replacement tank-section from the local B&M (yeah, mark-up!), and so far, I've ran over 30ml of juice through it and it is still running strong (on the same coil)!

I'm hoping the V2's will have this problem fixed, because if their tanks are hit-and-miss like this for finding a functional one... I can see why people are running in droves to the Sub-tank!

Hey, I'm just glad you got the thing to work. So, the replacement tank section made the difference? I'm going to be looking for the V2, but will make sure it's out for a while to see if they fixed the kinks.

You didn't say in your update how you liked it, though. What's the prognosis?  :)

Hey, I'm just glad you got the thing to work. So, the replacement tank section made the difference? I'm going to be looking for the V2, but will make sure it's out for a while to see if they fixed the kinks.

You didn't say in your update how you liked it, though. What's the prognosis?  :)

Prognosis?  I actually like it!  It is good for mouth-to-lung, as well as full-lung hits, nice full vapor (even with 1.8 Ohm coils @ 12W), and the flavor is respectable.  I think the flavor of the Sub-Tank and the Russian's are better, but still the Triton has better flavor than the Nautilus or AeroTank (vapor production is far superior to all but the Sub-Tank; that is about a tie?).

My only complaint is that it really eats through the juice, lol...

I've not experienced any horrible popping or "grilling" of the juice that many have complained about, but I'm running a 30/70 PG/VG juice in it, and it's wicking and vaping like a champ! (so far)

Just wondering how you users of the Triton RTA section like it.

I really like it.  I bought it to go in the SauceCode.  It is super easy to build on and the airflow is good.

I would not recommend it for Ni200 builds though.  The design causes the leg going up to be short while the leg going down is very long.  This causes the long leg to glow red, when vaping, and I am not comfortable with.

It works great with Kanthal though.

TritonRBA.thumb.jpg.8c17a4c59a8eb027d67f

Edited by jasonculp

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines