Kanger Subtank mini vs Aspire Triton

Tam

Maybe Ill hold off on the Triton lol

The problems I've encountered after refilling for the first time and the second time and now, the third time, I would strongly suggest waiting for the V2, Cany. Still trying to get it to work but I think, between Comp and Earthling and myself last night in chat, we've discovered where the problem lies but not how to fix it.  :(

I was just breathing a sigh of relief for not jumping on one like I was tempted to at the start of this thread lol.

Yeah, sorry about that, Kev. When this works, it's the best thing since sliced bread. The problem lies in the airflow control for the top fill -- that's what Comp, Earthling and I suspect anyway. I'm still playing with it to see if I can't fix it. Otherwise, I'd suggest waiting for the V2 version because it really does work amazingly well... when it works. :)

Tam, have you tried to lube up the area with a little bit of juice? When I got my subtank, the airflow control was really tight/gritty and the tank fit on the bottom threads was also like that. It wasn't till I over-primed a coil and had juice ooze out of the air holes that the problem cleared up lol. I ended up firing my mod and blowing into in instead of inhaling. That got all of the excess juice out of the airway. Wiped it off, and now it's smooth as butter.

Should have said the juice flow control instead of airflow, sorry about that. Still, it's worth a try to see if that will fix the sticking. Thanks for the suggestion, Kev.

I've pulled this thing apart as far as it will go so many times now that I've lost count.

The Triton is a top or bottom fill tank. You can fill from the top by twisting the top cap to the "close" position. This closes the hole that controls the juice flow to the coil. In the "close" position, holes appear in the top so you can fill the tank. Twist the top cap into the "vape" position and, theoretically, the hole twists around to open the flow of juice to the coil. This last part is what's sticking and not allowing juice to get to the coil -- or so our theory goes.  :)

I have been following a thread over on "Brand X message board" and this was posted by member drysprocket:

If anyone is up for a not-so quick read, their rep Tina posted the below in response to the issues. In short, they're chalking it up to user error and the "solutions" are crazy. If we have to clean the whole unit and coil after 2 tanks...w.t.f is the point of having it be top-fill:

"Dear All
it is true that the coils holes don't match up with the internal part of the tank,we have a special design that there is gap between the coils holes and the internal part of the tank,the wick holes don't be covered in fact.

When the first customer complaint the leaking problem,our workers and I both did test for the triton tanks in person(in total:20 people attended to this test,we did as the user manual and below precautions,two weeks passed away,we don't meet the leaking problem until now)

here are some precautions from our engineer for your reference.
while vaping,users open the airflow hole on the drip tip,the warm vapor meet the cool air from the airflow hole on the drip tip,some vapor condensation(looks like e-juice) may happen on the Top Fill area of the the unit,so,after one or two tank of e-juice working out,users need clean the drip tip and top fill area with q-tip or clean paper.What's more,after refilling,please make sure that there is on e-juice stay enter into the center top or there is no e-juice stay on the top fill area,after refill,please use a clean paper to clean out the e-juice on the top fill area

last,if users don't use the tank for several hours or overnight,they can let the tank stand up,then let the arrow indicator point to “drip” position to prevent the e-juice from entering into the coil,If we don't use the tank,the e-juice inside the coil will not be atomized,however the e-juice still enter into the coil,if so much e-juice inside the coil,the leaking problem will happen,which is common happen to all other brand tanks.

So,we suggest that if we don't use the tank,we can let the tank stand up and let the arrow indicator point to “drip” position to prevent the e-juice from entering into the coil.What's more.regular cleaning is very important,after one or two tanks of e-juice working out,before refilling,we not only need clean the drip tip and the top filling area,but also,we need clean the base hardware with q-tip or clean paper.

At last , regular checking is also very important,please check if the coil looses from the base hardware,please make sure the coil is screwed to the base hardware tightly,the base hardware screwed to the tank tightly.otherwise the e-juice will leak out from airflow hole on the bottom or from the battery connector pin.

We are sorry for the inconvenience you have met.If any problem,please feel free to contact our service:service@aspirecig.com.
Please tell them the details about your problem:

what is the resistance of coil did you use have the leaking problem?
Where it is leaking?
What wattage did you use?
What is the vg/pg of your e-juice?
Did it leaking while you use the tank or did it leaking when you let it stand up unused?
A picture for the security code of your product?
A picture for the drip tip
our service will check with our chief engineer for your problems one by one.

Best Wish"

I know this does not help, but you are not the only one having trouble.  I really want this tank to work, because I want to try out the RBA section!

Edited by jasonculp

Thanks, Jason. I really wish that leaking was the problem. Mine is just the opposite and no juice is getting to the coil after using the top part to refill. The holes on the coil and the holes on the center pin don't match and doesn't seem to have this little "gap" that she speaks of because I'm getting dry hits. Once in a while, I get a nice pop and a wad of juice jumps into my mouth. Wish it would go into the coil instead. lol

As I've said before, when it works, it's the best tank I've ever used. The "when" is the operative word, though.

The guy who posted that said exactly the same thing.  He said it  was one of the best tanks he ever owned, when it works.

Juice control can be a mixed blessing.  I was just sitting here and my vape got really weak.  I didn't realize when I filled the tank, I never opened the juice control.  The temp control was limiting the temp, because it had no juice.  I have gone back to 50/50 juice to fix my wicking problem, but now when I refill it it floods a bit, so I vape it a bit with the juice control closed. (I am using the SauceCode)

I'm glad I haven't pulled the trigger on this yet.  I'll stick with my Silo Beast for now.  Or my Sub Tank Mini.  Or my Arctic.  Or my Herakles.  Or my Lemo.  Or my....

Tam there may be a simple solution, once you get it to work don't use the top fill. I know it defeats the purpose of having a top fill but if its the only way it will work it might be the way to go.

In other words fill it from the bottom.

Edited by FXRich

Even with the 1.5 ohm coil, it's still too hot or too harsh on the subtank mini. *sighs* I'm starting to feel like Goldilocks, lol. 

Ok lets start from the beginning What type of Mod are you using What pg/vg/nic How many watts are you using?

Ok lets start from the beginning What type of Mod are you using What pg/vg/nic How many watts are you using?

*falls over laughing*

Okay, I'll play.  :D

iStick 50W

40 PG/60 VG at 3 mg nic.

1.5 ohm coil at 10W, airflow wide open

A longer drip tip will help, also the air on the middle hole does help. At least it works for me. Try the drip tip off of a KPT2 that's what I'm using. When I first started using the subtank mini I found it to be too harsh, so I tried different things until I found what I wanted. Right now I'm using the RBA with a 1.8 coil running 8 watts, seems a little low but it works for me.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines