I'm Spending Too Much On Vaping!

Rixter

Are you spending more than you'd like to on vaping supplies? Do you find yourself hiding new gear or juice from your significant other so they won't know about your "dirty little secret"? Let's hear about it.

Not just yet, but I can see myself investing more time and money in the near future. It's a healthy alternative, and is an interesting new world, with lots of people to share the interest with. Some collect stamps, some collect bottle caps and coins. Why not vape supplies as well? :D

"Are you spending more than you'd like to on vaping supplies?"

No. I like the amounts I'm spending on vaping supplies just fine, thanks. :)

"Do you find yourself hiding new gear or juice from your significant other so they won't know about your "dirty little secret"?"

No, I put them in plain sight, which is where he'll never see them. Really. I brought that to his attention once and he swore I was out of my mind. For three weeks before Christmas his unwrapped present sat on the coffee table. He even moved it a couple of times. And I got pictures of it in his hand.

And he never noticed. :lol:

Nope I keep my credit cards in my name and spend whatever I want BUT IM the dollars and sense person in the relation ship so In my mind I have this system you see.

what I do is keep a weekly running tab in my head I can spend $35.00 a week or less( thats less than I spent smoking )and my dollar amount rolls over

for example if I buy 15.00 worth of juice this week and am eyeing an accessory I know I can roll over $20.00 to next week and have $55.00 to spend :) my husband doesnt give a crap because If he brings up what I spend I ll bring up what he spends .

Were happy this way .And I have the figures on the tip of my tongue.

I used to have a pretty bad addiction to buying antique ancore hocking fire king jadeite dishes THAT caused problems here lol

My husband never understood why I had to buy 12 $40 plates that nobody was allowed to touch .I was working on a place setting for 12 (need even numbers ) anyhow that was out of hand clearly . :thumbup:

Rixter, you are making me drool again. By the way, I see lots of tiny bottles, but not many larger bottles, at least, not as many as I figured you'd have. It looks like some may be your DIY product, but the other 10 ml size - do you just order like four of them at a time? Or do you just order a whole bunch of sample packs?

And no, I don't think my spending is out of hand - though it could easily go there, and I have had a tendency to overshop in the past dark days. But we have one bank account and always have. I just saw my dad write my mom a check too many times to go from HIS bank account to HER bank account to help cover bills and household expenses. I USED to pay the bills....until my brain fog made it difficult for me to remember to pay them in time. Once I got sick, I handed everything over to hubby - didn't need the stress of worry about money, if we had too little, how we were going to get by, or can I get by with paying the water people this much instead of the whole bill and the satellite people this much? Once my disability started up, didn't have those worries anymore, and hubby kept the payments on time. But we use, I won't say honor system. Unless it's for a gift, we'll ask before we buy certain things. If a gift giving occasion is coming up, the person expecting the gift doesn't look at the places or amounts POS services happen (other than shop n save) or charges are made to. Well, he says he doesn't, but how else would he know the year I got him an SD card, and had the forethought to have it shipped to HIS PARENTS HOUSE instead of here so he wouldn't see the return address?

But say, he needed new cartomizers - he just said hey, I need new cartomizers, I'm using my last two so I'm gonna order some more, and this and this so I can use a longer battery. *Shrug* Okay, just make sure you order some Kanger 2.5 ohm coils, too, because these 2.2's are consistently registering extremely low.

But now I know what I'm gonna get him for Christmas, too. He gave me two very good ideas today.....speaking of which, I need to write them down.

Edited by spydre

Rixter, you are making me drool again. By the way, I see lots of tiny bottles, but not many larger bottles, at least, not as many as I figured you'd have. It looks like some may be your DIY product, but the other 10 ml size - do you just order like four of them at a time? Or do you just order a whole bunch of sample packs?

Actually, that's sort of an out of date pic of the juice cab. I have a few larger bottles these days now that I have some "can't do without" juices.

Yeah I haven't spent quite a bit of money on vaping. I'm still getting set up though. This paycheck I spent around $130 on vaping (out of the 300 I left myself for spending) but I bought a new battery and tank and quite a bit of juice. All I really need now is a case and a few tanks so I don't have to clean out tanks to switch flavors. Once I get those, I'll just be buying juice and coils. I look at it this way though, I don't really have any hobbies and it's something I enjoy so why not splurge on it. It's better than dumping 35 a week into something I was enjoying and that was killing me before. And no, I don't hide it from anyone.

No, I put them in plain sight, which is where he'll never see them. Really. I brought that to his attention once and he swore I was out of my mind. For three weeks before Christmas his unwrapped present sat on the coffee table. He even moved it a couple of times. And I got pictures of it in his hand.

And he never noticed. :lol:

I dated a guy, a long time ago, that I used to do this to. I could hide all his stuff in plain site and he would just wander around looking in drawers and closets. Even when I told him, it still never clicked in his brain.

I used to have a pretty bad addiction to buying antique ancore hocking fire king jadeite dishes THAT caused problems here lol

My husband never understood why I had to buy 12 $40 plates that nobody was allowed to touch .I was working on a place setting for 12 (need even numbers ) anyhow that was out of hand clearly . :thumbup:

I have two vintage Fire King "V" shaped mixing bowls that are robins egg blue. I won't be parting with those anytime soon.

I don't think I spend to much, but I do keep it out of sight in a box where she does know where the key is but doesn't go into. She thinks vaping is stupid, so I keep my equipment out of sight, out if mind so wee don't have to have that discussion. I guess that works, and is not at all an issue about me spending money.

I dated a guy, a long time ago, that I used to do this to. I could hide all his stuff in plain site and he would just wander around looking in drawers and closets. Even when I told him, it still never clicked in his brain.

It was probably my SO. Lol. :lol:

Yeah I haven't spent quite a bit of money on vaping. I'm still getting set up though. This paycheck I spent around $130 on vaping (out of the 300 I left myself for spending) but I bought a new battery and tank and quite a bit of juice. All I really need now is a case and a few tanks so I don't have to clean out tanks to switch flavors. Once I get those, I'll just be buying juice and coils. I look at it this way though, I don't really have any hobbies and it's something I enjoy so why not splurge on it. It's better than dumping 35 a week into something I was enjoying and that was killing me before. And no, I don't hide it from anyone.

*Gulp* we got, let's say, a bi-yearly big check. So I spent, I think all told, over $300 getting my Zmax, getting 5 tanks, batteries, charger, a total of four juices over the weekend, 2 from the B&M store replacing what I was nearly out of, and two I ordered online

I have two vintage Fire King "V" shaped mixing bowls that are robins egg blue. I won't be parting with those anytime soon.

You know, last year, I guess it was for my birthday, yeah, it had to be because it was when I was having trouble with my hand, I had mentioned wanting a new ergonomic keyboard. Well, several days before my birthday, UPS pulls up, drops off a keyboard box. Now, hubby had just ordered a keyboard a couple of weeks earlier. So I got the box off the porch and asked him, "Did you order another keyboard?" I didn't see a purchase on the bank account (I know how he accomplished this, too). He opened it up grumbling something about they better not have.....they sent me ANOTHER one of the keyboards that I just bought. I asked if we were charged, he pulled up the bank account, showed me, nope,no charge. Well, I didn't notice, but he didn't even LOOK inside the box when he opened it. He was grumbling about having to call new egg and get authorization to ship it back....and finally, on my birthday, he prints off what he said was the return shipping authorization (all this time this keyboard box was sitting under his desk, just so I couldn't see what was actually IN there) and took the box out to the car on his way to pick up the kids from school. Okay, so it's time to give me my presents. Close my eyes, and what does he put in my hands but - MY ERGONOMIC KEYBOARD! I had gotten my hopes up so far when I saw that package, and they fell so deeply when I saw there was no charge. He had his dad charge it to HIS bank card, and reimbursed his father (same trick he pulled two months later with my anniversary and mother's day presents).

He and the boys thought it was freaking hilarious that I was so easily mislead, even though I guessed what it was right off the bat....what he printed off? Just the purchase invoice, lol. He took an empty box out to the car.

I spent way too much on ecig over the 10 months I've been using it. Equivalent to about 3 years worth of analogs. Most of the money wasted on bad juices, bad delivery systems, and costly cigarette size battery/cartos system in the beginning. After the stuff that I bought during the holiday weekend sale, I probably won't buy any new hardware for a long time. I'm settling down on juices and the some good systems.

I noticed I spent way too much when first setting up, because I couldn't find the right set up and juices. I spent close to $500 in the 1st two months. Now that I have my daily delivery system, and flavor, with a back up system and tanks, I don't spend much at all maybe like $60-$80 a month now. That's mainly coils and juices. Hopefully it will be less now that I don't have to pay $20 for a big bottle of juice.

We spent way lots of money (and wasted a lot) getting set up but we are still under what we would have spent on analogs and the curve is dropping nicely now thhat we are set up. We havent exactly gone as crazy as we could have (and I stilll plan on getting a mod here soon). We've found a comfortable little niche with our T2's and coils and some decent juices now and we can control it better.

However, i did just order a couple of mini Davides and I have my eye on a mechanical mod. I've got some experience with coil building so I dont expect to go too overboard. With what we have now we could comfortably coast for a couple of months without soending a dime.....but where's the fun in that?? Lol