I'm Spending Too Much On Vaping!

Rixter

Hmmmm..... plugging a b&m on a first post?

Edit : Even though it is very close to me, I don't think I will ever shop at a b&m anymore. That is, unless they stop online sales. I will still gladly chill out at the local vape bars and shoot the breeze, but the prices online, and the quality of the juices are unmatched IMHO.

Edited by 3Rutez

Hmmmm..... plugging a b&m on a first post?

Edit : Even though it is very close to me, I don't think I will ever shop at a b&m anymore. That is, unless they stop online sales. I will still gladly chill out at the local vape bars and shoot the breeze, but the prices online, and the quality of the juices are unmatched IMHO.

In their first 2 posts....ditto over in the juice forum....

I also am 100% online. I was looking forward to Vintage Vapors opening literally on my way to and from work. Get this, they do not offer 18mg liquid. Wat? 0,6,12,24

And get this, people that go there told me their 12mg is just as strong as the 18mg you get online. I was like, huh? Did someone just say that when scientific measurements are involved?

Edited by bcartervol98

Posted Image

My investment list so far:

2 Innokin SVD's

1 1100 mAh VV Twist battery

2 1100 mAh VV LCD batteries

7 900 mAh batteries

3 650 mAh batteries

2 Kanger Pro Tanks 2.5ml

2 Vivi Nova Tanks 2.8ml

5 Mini Pro Tanks 1.5ml

7 Evod Tanks

4 18650 batteries

2 Chargers for 18650 batteries

10 coils

7 CE6 tanks 1.6ml

3 Ego Landyards

1 USB power adapter

1 USB 4 hub port

4 510 battery chargers

6 30ml bottles of e-juice

$162 order to FA for Juice flavors

50 10ml bottles empty

50 5ml bottles empty

12 15ml bottles empty

12 30ml bottles

1 30ml bottle of nicotine

1 10ml bottle from B&M shop

1 30ml bottle from B&M shop

Last night I spent $3.75 on a wrap for one of my 1100 mAh batteries...

I do believe I'm done spending for a while, I've spent my analog money to vape...

I'm so glad I quit analogs! I'm having such a great time with my new hobby & so much more to show for my money!

:-) Vape On!

Once you get all the gear that you need (or want), the cost of vaping drops to around $10 to $20 a week... maybe a little more if you like to vape top shelf juices.

I haven't actually gotten to that point yet, but I'll let you know when I do. lol

• 3 weeks later...

After my $100 "buy in" I thought I was good to go for a while... Nope! Got a nice order on the way and have been working up a great story to keep me out of the dog house.

Already have my eye on some other goodies that I can't live without... :sofa:

After my $100 "buy in" I thought I was good to go for a while... Nope! Got a nice order on the way and have been working up a great story to keep me out of the dog house. 

Already have my eye on some other goodies that I can't live without...  :sofa:   

Every payday I lie to myself and say that this order sets me good for a while, next thing I know I'm pulling the debit card out again on something cool I find.

Shh... I just spent $21 on shipping :sofa:

I need my stuff now! lol

Seriously though, most of the time I can keep it at around $20 every couple of weeks. This week I happened to run out of everything... good juice, coils need replacing, ugh! So, yeah, I'm working through my last resort stuff until the first of two orders I'll be making this week comes in. I'm already down $60 including that shipping, and I'll be spending more after the weekend is over.

Last paycheck I only spent 40 I think on juices and two new tanks (get payed bi weekly). This paycheck I've already spent 20 which isn't bad but I plan on spending another 40 or so. So 30 a week isn't too bad, still working on getting a couple more tanks and then after that it'll just be juices and coils.

I'm doing the same thing. We went to the new vape shop today.....well, their prices are outrageous, for 4 15 ml bottles of juice and 2 mini Pro Tanks (the original ones), WITH a 10% discount, was $90. TWELVE BUCKS per 15 ml of juice. Granted, they have to have markup because they order it from evidently "major" suppliers. Well, hubby and I looked those juice makers up when we got home, one that hubby got was $7 (I don't know about shipping), and the other (the one I got two of and hubby got one of) the 15 ml is $9, the 30 ml is only $7 more. PLUS Vapor Beast is FREE SHIPPING anywhere in the Continental US. So yeah, we'll be ordering from there - especially since Cloud 9 doesn't carry the 30 ml sized bottles. I don't know about the other brand, but Vapor Beast only offers 24, 18, and 8 mg of nicotine, they won't custom mix nicotine levels (well, I was thinking of doing a "contact us" and ask them if that is possible, otherwise I'm going to have order a bottle of 18, and a bottle of 8, and combine them to get 30 ml of 13 mg nic. I was going to get 2 evods for my two new flavors, but the mini pro tanks were only a few dollars more ($16 or 17 I think), so even though the PT mini has less of a capacity, it's glass, so I went for it rather than paying 10 freaking dollars for an evod.

You know, I'm not even sure how MUCH the owners know about vaping, other than what they've picked up since deciding to open the business - or maybe the husband vapes, but the wife just started vaping when they decided to open the business, and she vapes no nic....and she actually has the samplers lined up with each sample have one with nic, and one without nic. I'm not thinking that people, unless they've worked totally off nic, would actually WANT to sample with zero nic. Anyway, that's just my thing. But as with all B&M's, hardware is OUTRAGEOUS. The Sigelei that I have, that I paid $80 for, they had for $100. They had the ORIGINAL KPT, but not the two, no Davides, and hubby said the mark ups on the mods were, of course, outrageous. They've got a HUGE storefront space, but use most of it for tables and there's two areas with either two sofas each or two loveseats each and a decent size wall mounted tv in each space. But they could do soooo much more with the space than the little bit of stock they have. I mean, it used to be a UPS store.

But I have to say I'm being nice. Since I bought 2 mini pro tanks at an outrageous price - it would have been cheaper to order them online and pay the shipping - I'm waiting until next month, I suppose, for the mini 2, because I want try it out before I ask for more of them for Christmas.

Online is the way to go unless you have no patience

Or if your local B&M has the same products for a comparable price. I don't mind spending a buck or two more on something, after you figure in the shipping cost, it's actually cheaper sometimes. :)

Or if your local B&M has the same products for a comparable price. I don't mind spending a buck or two more on something, after you figure in the shipping cost, it's actually cheaper sometimes.  :)

Well the steam spot carries the fuzion line but only 15ml bottles and they are 10 dollars.. well online you can purchase 30ml for 10 bucks.. but the shipping isn't cheap.. so it's really all about convenience

I have to stick up for my local B&M. They are not all bad. I happily pay $30 for 3-15ml bottles of the most vapable stuff I've ever encountered. The gear is over priced but is it unfair? Not really, IMO. Sure, I buy mostly on line but getting out and helping a B&M that's worthy is good too.

I've thought a lot about opening a shop, but after you figure rent, utilities, & insurance, you have to charge way more than what people pay for the same products online, where the major expense is server time (a few bucks a month & no lease). When people see that they can get your products online for a fraction of your price, they won't be back. In today's economy, it just doesn't make much sense to have a B&M.

We are kinda straying off topic, but to add to the current discussion... Even though I can get the same products as my local shop for half the price, I tend to buy locally. Mainly because I am impatient, and secondly because I really like my local shop. The people there are super cool and knowledgeable.