I'm Spending Too Much On Vaping!

Rixter

To be fair, what I just spent was to get COMPLETELY set up in my VV/VW world, and with glass tanks. I don't see myself going into the mod/rebuildable world like, um, I think it's Rixter and iMedic and others, because I'm not mechanically inclined. And frankly, I KNOW from experience already that my APV is tough (it's already been said, I'm a klutz). The only thing I can foresee getting for MYSELF is maybe a little VV back up, like they were giving away with the August Contest, or maybe an atty to try dripping so I can test new samples easier, or check if something is done steeping. And of course, flavors, if I still continue to have those days when nothing sits right, or there is just something I HAVE to try - like I still want to try the Kahlua Mudslide at our local favorite B&M store, as I LOVE the drink, but I'm pretty sure that one is one that's gonna have to steep, and they don't keep a sampler made up of it because not a lot of people ask for it, but I think they are working on getting samplers made up of everything they carry, as their sampler counter a ton more than the, say, 14 samples they used to just have on hand now. I never counted how many they ACTUALLY carry on their website, though. But it's a lot.

But on the juice, that in an of itself isn't going to be as expensive as analogs, even with as many juices as I have - it may be up to 8 after this next order comes in if I like the Irish Cream (1 flavor shared with my husband), depends, I think. Because of the sizes of the bottles I currently have, they will all come due at different times, and some of them maybe not in the same month, because I vape those slower. Plus, I currently have two that I'm vaping that are samples from Aqua, once those are gone I'm not going to order them, but I like them enough to vape the whole 10 mls of them, lol. My cinnamon roll, well, I'm not sure if that's going to become a permanent one or not. But after this, I'm almost positive I'll be ditching the Sweet Tobacco. It's too much of a very much I have to be in the mood because sometimes it just strikes as too much of a tobacco flavor. I think I may eventually drop the 618 as well, because it's a tobacco flavor and I just can't always deal with a tobacco flavor. I may pass the 618 (if I still keep one bottle as my personal supply) and sweet tobacco off to my uncle's "friend" when I get her set back up vaping, if she likes them.

I agree with many previous posters... I cringe at the thought of all the money I spent in my "startup Phase"! Now that I've got my basics covered, I'm not concerned about my spending at all. Analogs are $6-$7 a pack here in Philly, so I'm still coming out ahead.

That being said, anyone in the market for gently used BLU supplies? (LOL)

$3900 in 8 months. I'm not proud of it but I have found the (almost) perfect vape for me.

Nzonic V3 mod with any RDA is good stuff at .6-.9 ohms. In about an hour the mailman should bring my Immortalizer RDA from Fasttech. Oh yeah, .8 flat Kanthal ribbon wire is really nice.

I do have about 200 bottles of juice and 50+ TFA flavors for DIY.

Dana

I have a total of 6 devices, 2 rechargeable batteries, 8 tanks, 6 spare colored drip tips, and about 20 bottles of juice.

What killed me was buying the kits then 2 weeks later buying another, then dropping $200 at one time for my SVD kit with batteries, charger a tank and cartos. (I didn't know yet how cheap it would have been online)

Amount saved - $232

Amount spent in the last week - $344.56 to get my NEW set up

I wasn't keeping track of my expenses previously - but we were reimbursed for the start up kit, so all we actually paid out on were tanks and juice.

So I'm actually technically still in the hole. That's what happens when you manage to find super cheap analogs that don't make you gag and smoke them for eight years.

well kerk you are the exception good sir. I have by and large spent more then i have saved... but i have now found a happy place that i can just settle into and relax :)

Out of habit, I'm tighter than a drum skin, and cheaper than a 2 bit.......well, frugal. And I buy nothing at BM's.

Including liquids and everything I am right at a grand over 4 months, but now that I have everything my wife and i both want or need. I am done for a while except maintenance items and liquids. Will get a second APV at some point but not sure what could be improved on over this Vamo except maybe size. We were dropping over $600 a month on analogs.

Including liquids and everything I am right at a grand over 4 months, but now that I have everything my wife and i both want or need. I am done for a while except maintenance items and liquids. Will get a second APV at some point but not sure what could be improved on over this Vamo except maybe size. We were dropping over $600 a month on analogs.

Well how I see it , with the savings both you and your wife have incurred , you can double your vaping dollars :)

I KNOW I'm under a grand...I just KNOW it! :question:

um ....sure ok .lol

I have spent a little over $200 so far on my starting setup. The X6, iClear30, extra coil/wick, and 6-15ml 18mg e-juices. Almost 2 weeks in, and I have just about made half of it back in savings. I bet the guys down at 7-11 miss my $8 per day American Spirit purchases. Sorry dudes.... mwahahaha.

I have spent a little over $200 so far on my starting setup. The X6, iClear30, extra coil/wick, and 6-15ml 18mg e-juices. Almost 2 weeks in, and I have just about made half of it back in savings. I bet the guys down at 7-11 miss my $8 per day American Spirit purchases. Sorry dudes.... mwahahaha.

Yeah, I hear ya. BEFORE the last two federal cigarette tax hikes we were already down to smoking "B" class cigarettes - Dorals - where we had been smoking Marlboros before (and this was getting them in Missouri, not Illinois, where the cigarette tax is cheaper), when Dorals out of the blue went up $10 a carton, we found the "Dirt Cheap Cigarettes, Beer and Liquor" store. Ironically, Marlboros were MORE expensive there (that was way back when they were like $25 a carton at Quik Trip gas stations) than they were at Quik Trip. They stocked the same amounts of Marlboros as the class C cigarettes, but they didn't move as quick, so they were priced higher - everyone went in there for the super cheap smokes - well, I can't remember what they USED to be before the HUGE federal cigarette tax hit.

But when I was working in St. Louis, at the Central West End area, there were only a few gas stations. Two right catty cornered from each other. The bigger one was nicer, more pumps, more room on the inside, more stock on the inside, but you go to buy cigarettes from them? They were $2 more than from the bp across the street per pack.

Edited by spydre

well lets see 5 evics, 40 batteries, 500 ce5 clearomizers a pro tank II (for me)around 40 bottles of juice...and i'm still ahead. (btw i supply 5 other family members (and growing)).

Gotta build up the + points to overcome all them negatives in my past lol.

Normal to go nutz in the beginning...so what's the favorite. Tesla or Vamo ? What version?

I like my tesla but would like to get a Vamo in black chrome, but still in search of a good glass tank that doesn't have the gurgling problems as the KPT2, if anybody has any suggestions

I am looking to purchase my first mod. I've done research and am settling for the eVIC. The price here at VT is unmatched, and with 2 Kanger ProTank 2's, and 5- 2.4ohm replacement coils from another site, I am looking at a grand total of $127.27 out the door with shipping included. My local B&M said the best they can do is $109.99 with a generic tank, but that doesn't come with a free bottle of e-juice. If I wanted to have a ProTank 2 added, it would be $29.99 extra, so I am looking at really decent savings.

I wish payday would come sooner.... lol. That will bring me to a total of about $330 I will have spent so far, but the savings in the long run will far outweigh the initial investment. That $300 also includes the 6 bottles of e-juice from VapeDudes, and 3 iClear30's with 10 replacement wicks. Not too shabby. I don't think I will be needing to purchase anymore hardware, just e-juice to keep me vaping.

i bought my evics from china. got them for 62 bucks each and checked them on the joytech website to verify authenticity. granted i had to buy 5 ..but i supply several folks so it was win win for me. I like the evic because you can do .1 watt increments but i still get more "difference" from the protank than from the evics :)

well lets see 5 evics, 40 batteries, 500 ce5 clearomizers a pro tank II (for me)around 40 bottles of juice...and i'm still ahead. (btw i supply 5 other family members (and growing)).

Gotta build up the + points to overcome all them negatives in my past lol.

I understand completely about the family thing. I am currently working on getting all 5 of my grown children and their spouses a set up for Christmas. I'm going to try to get each one the e-cig, juice, charger and case. At the same time I keep reading the forum and wanting to try all the stuff I hear everybody talking about. It is fun and I love it. I have not gone into the Mod thing. I will be happy just to be able to get a few new items each payday. Drip tips, a davide tank, some replacement coils for it and I 'm really wanting a new Bella tank. I have bought enough stuff since I started in April to fill up 3 new makeup bags which I keep in a overnight bag. I still have not spent as much as I would have if I was still smoking a carton of analogs a week. I was spending $180.00 a month. So I know I should not feel guilty about buying a few things toward vaping, but I do. I don't have a significant other so I don't have to worry about anybody getting upset with me about what I spend. I make it and if I want to, I will spend it. Being single does have it's advantages. :yes