I'm Spending Too Much On Vaping!

Rixter

I understand completely about the family thing. I am currently working on getting all 5 of my grown children and their spouses a set up for Christmas. I'm going to try to get each one the e-cig, juice, charger and case. At the same time I keep reading the forum and wanting to try all the stuff I hear everybody talking about. It is fun and I love it. I have not gone into the Mod thing. I will be happy just to be able to get a few new items each payday. Drip tips, a davide tank, some replacement coils for it and I 'm really wanting a new Bella tank. I have bought enough stuff since I started in April to fill up 3 new makeup bags which I keep in a overnight bag. I still have not spent as much as I would have if I was still smoking a carton of analogs a week. I was spending $180.00 a month. So I know I should not feel guilty about buying a few things toward vaping, but I do. I don't have a significant other so I don't have to worry about anybody getting upset with me about what I spend. I make it and if I want to, I will spend it. Being single does have it's advantages. :yes

I would recommend if you are getting them a single stick battery, that you tell them to get another battery immediately! If they stay a "light vaper" like I was at the beginning, the battery will last them around 18 - 24 hours - so they would need to charge the battery while they are asleep. I myself make sure I have my APV upstairs with me at night - we are generally upstairs talking, watching TV, reading for about an hour before going to sleep, and if I get up in the middle of the night due to a call of nature, a headache, body pain, when I would have normally grabbed an analog (and been up longer for the time it would take me to finish said analog), I just grab my Zmax and take it with me, do what I have to do, and toddle back to bed. (BTW, for me, since I've ALMOST always smoked in the house, it's nice not to have to worry about dropping a burning stick of weeds on to furniture, bedding, vinyl flooring (yes, I'm a klutz, and have done these things while completely and utterly awake - that's why we have insurance on my cell phone, because I'm always dropping it), or getting ashes all over the bloody place.

I would recommend if you are getting them a single stick battery, that you tell them to get another battery immediately! If they stay a "light vaper" like I was at the beginning, the battery will last them around 18 - 24 hours - so they would need to charge the battery while they are asleep. I myself make sure I have my APV upstairs with me at night - we are generally upstairs talking, watching TV, reading for about an hour before going to sleep, and if I get up in the middle of the night due to a call of nature, a headache, body pain, when I would have normally grabbed an analog (and been up longer for the time it would take me to finish said analog), I just grab my Zmax and take it with me, do what I have to do, and toddle back to bed. (BTW, for me, since I've ALMOST always smoked in the house, it's nice not to have to worry about dropping a burning stick of weeds on to furniture, bedding, vinyl flooring (yes, I'm a klutz, and have done these things while completely and utterly awake - that's why we have insurance on my cell phone, because I'm always dropping it), or getting ashes all over the bloody place.

I know I have thought about all that you said. The first ones are kinda like a test run to see if they are going to be serious about it or just want one because it looks cool at the moment. If I see they are serious I will get the serious ones extra batteries, juice and what ever it takes to keep them off of analogs.

Oh, yeah, to me it is definitely money well spent. Well, as a for instance, look at how much my vaping increased once my mom went into the hospital the FIRST time (August 13th). I think, well, I'm pretty sure it doubled from stress (as did my use of anxiety meds, which I'm out of now because the freaking pharmacy LOST the stupid new order that my doctor sent on August 22nd). It's gone down some when she was released from the hospital, and when vaper's tongue hit, but some flavors are coming back to me. Come to think of it....I think my vapor's tongue hit right around the same time my mom was admitted back into the hospital, anxiety, vaping more again, that makes sense.

But my point was going to be, if I had been smoking analogs during this whole high stress time (she spent, I think a week out of the hospital between August 13 and today), I probably would have doubled what we normally purchase in analogs.

if this week starts on sunday i have only spent 100 dollars so far on vaping.

But i also spent 200ish dollars on supplies for my moms husband to make holders for my PV's and all of my clearomizers (sort of like a home sampling kit!)

Granted most of that 200 was on a drill set so that he could get the correct size. Worth it. I will now have little wooden blocks to set my PV's in every room etc lol.

edit:

On a side not if i add up all that i have spent on vaping it's about the same amount i was going to spend on a new computer anyway. I decided not to buy a new computer (really my 4 yr old one does everything i need it to including if i get back into gaming) and spent the money on vaping instead. So a quick look at my banner tells me i've saved probably about 4k!!

Edited by subnuclear

I like my tesla but would like to get a Vamo in black chrome, but still in search of a good glass tank that doesn't have the gurgling problems as the KPT2, if anybody has any suggestions

Well it seems the gurgling issues I was having were due to to crappy coils, I've also picked up a KPT MINI and drilled out the holes on the bottom ring and that thing is a beast, talking about going through some juice in a hurry

if this week starts on sunday i have only spent 100 dollars so far on vaping.

But i also spent 200ish dollars on supplies for my moms husband to make holders for my PV's and all of my clearomizers (sort of like a home sampling kit!)

Granted most of that 200 was on a drill set so that he could get the correct size. Worth it. I will now have little wooden blocks to set my PV's in every room etc lol.

edit:

On a side not if i add up all that i have spent on vaping it's about the same amount i was going to spend on a new computer anyway. I decided not to buy a new computer (really my 4 yr old one does everything i need it to including if i get back into gaming) and spent the money on vaping instead. So a quick look at my banner tells me i've saved probably about 4k!!

Please send pics when it is done. I bet it is going to be cool. I am still putting my stuff in makeup bags. I just have keep buying more makeup bags. :hope:

That's awesome. I just made myself a holder as well. All I need to do is stain and glaze it. I'm glad that I'm not the only vape dork here. lol. I posted a pic in the 'Let's See Your Vaping "Toys"' thread, but will take another when it has been finished. I just used a piece of Douglas Fir 2x4 I had laying around.

lol after next weekend if i am not offshore i'll show you the one to hold all my ce5 tanks that have various fluids in them. I am setting it up to hold like 50 different tanks so that i never have to be without one of my flavors at hand :)

On a side note i actually had to buy labels so that i can label my ce5's as to what is in them.

edit:

on a side not i actually posted a shaking schedule on my storage cabinet for my juices that are steeping so i don't accidentally forget to give them their daily shake!

So i guess i'm a vape dork too

Edited by subnuclear

BC if you have too many PV's and flavors working at once it's awfully convenient. Right now i have the temporary ones in my office and my bedroom next to my comfy chair so that i can grab whatever flavor i'm tempted by at the moment. considering i have gotten like 20 flavors in the mail in the last week with 10 more arriving tomorrow. i need the convenient storage at hand lol.

the one i showed isn't the prettiest but it sure is functional :queen:

being new and just starting out , I figure im trying to keep a budget below what I would pay for a carton of reg cigs a week im doing good and saving $$$ im sure once I get into it a bit more I will want more .... so I just have to watch it I don't let it get out of hand , if im spending more $$$ on vaping then I was on cigs a week then there is no financial benefit at all .

I think over time the savings will be substantial regardless. Remember analogs were disposable, once they were gone they were gone. I think over time it would be difficult to spend more on vaping than on analogs. For example my wife and I spent around $550-600 per month on analogs. Approaching 5 months analog free the savings are huge even though I have bought 2 starter kits, 4 Vision Spinner 1300mah, 2 400mah minis, 4 650 mah designer batteries, Vamo V3 with 4 18650s abs nitecore 2bay, 8 mini Davides, one KPT 2, 14 T2 clearos and extra coils, 12 T3S clearos and extra coils,, about 75 KPT coils in different resistances, extra chargers bottles syringes and a LOT of different liquids 90% of which I sold at a loss or just payed forward because I wasn't fond of them. All that and I have spend less than 2 months of analogs almost 5 months in and am set up for a very long time except occasional liquid reorders.

Edited by bcartervol98

being new and just starting out , I figure im trying to keep a budget below what I would pay for a carton of reg cigs a week im doing good and saving $$$ im sure once I get into it a bit more I will want more .... so I just have to watch it I don't let it get out of hand , if im spending more $$$ on vaping then I was on cigs a week then there is no financial benefit at all .

Even if I spend a little more than when I was using stinkies, well worth it considering all the other benifts of being smoke free

hummmm an ecig holder , cool idea , where i work we have a carpenter shop with a scrap bin full of materials , and every kind of wood you can imagine ....... looking at that I wonder how that would look made out of 1.5 " plexi glass im looking at a 2x2 scrap piece right now

maybe I will cut it down and mess around with a desin and see what I come up with instead of wood :)

Plus you get to breathe better too, and that my friend is priceless. I also found that I sleep much more sound, without waking up 10 times during the night. That's only 3 weeks without smoke. ....

im noticing some changes as the days go by . as I said I smoked for 30+ years and I just put them down so , I guess im still in the finding whats right for me stage , juices etc

I must admit ...... 9 days with out a Cig is remarkable for me I am like major proud of myself . :)

Congrats on kicking the analogs man. It was hard for the first 2 days, then it was smooth sailing. Those additives are horribly addicting. Happy Vaping bro! :D

Oh, yeah, to me it is definitely money well spent. Well, as a for instance, look at how much my vaping increased once my mom went into the hospital the FIRST time (August 13th). I think, well, I'm pretty sure it doubled from stress (as did my use of anxiety meds, which I'm out of now because the freaking pharmacy LOST the stupid new order that my doctor sent on August 22nd). It's gone down some when she was released from the hospital, and when vaper's tongue hit, but some flavors are coming back to me. Come to think of it....I think my vapor's tongue hit right around the same time my mom was admitted back into the hospital, anxiety, vaping more again, that makes sense.

But my point was going to be, if I had been smoking analogs during this whole high stress time (she spent, I think a week out of the hospital between August 13 and today), I probably would have doubled what we normally purchase in analogs.

Gotta say, if it weren't for the fact that I started having seizures yesterday (had three total), with the stress of my mom's bypass surgery, I probably would have been chain vaping. Heck, now I'm not even sure if I'm vaping the same way. Woke up after one seizure, found out that's what happened, and had my typical reaction - cry. Then I called into the doctor's before hours number, I had a seizure before the doctor's office got back to me. I just remember looking around and hubby telling me that was taking me to the hospital because I had another one. And then evidently last night I had ANOTHER ONE while we were eating dinner. Evidently I wasn't completely lucid when I called the doctor's office that time, but all I remember about that phone call was telling them what I thought was my cell phone number, and asking hubby if that was right because I didn't remember, because I was still in that fuzzy after period. I didn't even remember making that call - so I was totally freaked out when my neurologist's office called a few hours later to "see if I was any better". But with the seizure, not only could I not go to where Mom was having surgery, but hubby tried to get me to keep my distance from vaping as well. Well, in the car at least. He wasn't so worried about it at home.

Just got hooked up with a KTS Storm at Vapor House in Sherman Oaks! Got a new tank and some bomb juices too and it didn't even hurt my wallet. Check it out, they'll help you stay within your vaping budget :)

It's at 14054 Ventura blvd in Sherman Oaks, CA

New fav spot!