Time Flies... 5 year vaperversary

Even after year of trying everything that was available, I was never able to stop smoking. One day, five years ago, I saw a co-worker outside sucking on what looked like a pen (eGo T 650 mAh) and exhaling plumes of what looked like smoke but smelled so much better. I stopped and starting asking questions. That night after work I stopped by the B&M and bought myself my first vape gear: an eGo-T 650 mAh battery, two CE4 tanks with 1.5 ohm coils with a 5-pack back up, an AC adapter, a charging cable, and three bottles of juice.

Back then, it cost a total of $165.00

A few days later I went back and discovered that eGo had a new battery out -- a 650 passthrough! And Kanger put out a new tank -- a T2 with top coils/short wick.

I started vaping and collecting more back ups, more juices, never really looking back. The six packs of smokes I had in the fridge remained there for another two years until I finally threw them away. The first six months or so, I'd tempt fate and would light up just to see if I still liked it or not.

The answer would be... not.

Haven't looked back since. Around the first six month mark, I was playing on the internet and discovered a different vape forum. It was too big, the people weren't very patient with "noobs", nor were they very kind or friendly so I continued looking around.

Hey! Check out this new place I found! It's called Vapor Talk. The people were very friendly, very knowledgeable, and I felt welcomed here. It's where I call 'home' now. The people are wonderful, they are all about helping new vapers with their questions no matter how many times they answer the same thing. They enjoy derailing threads, but that only makes the conversation more interesting and the subject comes back around... eventually. Yes, we do periodically get some bad apples here, but it's rare and they usually get tired of our slower pace and go away. The good ones stay. Eventually, I was asked to become an admin here, and it was a scary thing, and I'm still learning.

This long-winded thing is my way of saying a BIG THANK YOU! to @Christopher for starting this forum, to my fellow admins and mods, and to all the wonderful members here (both old and new), who make the forum a place to hang my hat. These days, after all this time, I no longer have any doubts that I'll ever go back to smoking. Vaper Talk has played a huge part in helping with this. Happy 5-year vaperversary to me! :heart_eyes:

Edited by Tam
Can't spell.

Happy Vaperversary Tam!!!   🌈💥⚡️💫🏆.  I brought cookies!  🍪🍪🍪🍩🍩🍩🍩🎂🍿🍿🍿

im really happy for you Tam.   And thanks for being the heart and soul of this place.  Love you, dearie 😘

*Happy Dance* for Tam

CONGRATULATIONS @Tam!!!!!

You're an inspiration to all of us!

I'm 12 days from my one year and can't wait ...Thanks to you and all the other wonderful folks here, it's been a piece of cake to give up analogs and vape to better health.

Congrats on 5-years Tam!  This place wouldn't be the same without you... and many of us "old dogs" wouldn't have hung around on this forum if not for you (and a few others) being here to encourage and assist :) 

Now, break out one of those old CE4's and pretend it's 2012 again :p 

Congratulations @Tam!!!  You are welcome!  And at the same time; Thank you!  You have become synonymous with the essence of Vapor Talk.  Your description of the place you found is the place I found and you are a huge part of that. 

Here's to the next five!

Thanks, everyone!

@Bebop you weren't too far behind me when you came on. I'm glad you came to VT -- and stayed, this place wouldn't be the same without you and your wit and knowledge that you pass to new and experienced vapers alike.  :hugging:

@Edna, you've been a very welcome addition and a very quick learner! I look forward to seeing your first year vaperversary soon.

@Earthling789, you know... I might actually have some old CE4s in my stash o'stuff. Might need to take a look one of these days and go through all that to see what gets unearthed. Sort of like a vaping time capsule, lol. Thanks for sticking around and being such a valuable resource to old and new vapers. ;)

@Walt, this place is special because we have members like you so come, ask questions, listen to the answers given, and then pass that along to new people coming in. I'm looking forward to seeing you around for years to come!

Edited by Tam
Adding stuff

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...