Cuttwood - Unicorn milk - don't vape- poison!

Aquatroy

http://www.ccohs.ca/headlines/text186.html

Titanium dioxide has recently been classified by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) as an IARC Group 2B carcinogen''possiblycarcinogentohumans''. Titanium dioxide accounts for 70% of the total production volume ofpigments worldwide. It is widely used to provide whiteness and opacityto products such as paints, plastics,papers,inks, foods,andtoothpastes.Itis also used in cosmetic and skin care products, and it is present in almost every sunblock, where it helps protect the skin from ultraviolet light.

With such widespread use of titanium dioxide, it is important to understand that the IARC conclusions are based on very specific evidence. This evidence showed that high concentrations of pigment-grade (powdered) and ultrafine titanium dioxide dust caused respiratory tract cancer in rats exposed by inhalation and intratrachealinstillation*.The series of biological events or steps that produce the rat lung cancers(e.g. particle deposition, impaired lung clearance, cell injury, fibrosis, mutations andultimatelycancer)have also beenseen inpeople working in dusty environments. Therefore,the observationsof cancerinanimalswere considered, by IARC, as relevant to people doing jobs with exposures to titanium dioxide dust. For example, titanium dioxide production workers may be exposed to high dust concentrations during packing,milling, site cleaning and maintenance, ifthere are insufficientdust controlmeasures inplace. However, it should be notedthat the humanstudies conducted so fardonot suggestan association between occupational exposure to titanium dioxide and an increased risk for cancer.

The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) is Canada'shazard communication standard. The WHMIS Controlled ProductsRegulations require that chemicals, listed in Group 1 or Group 2 in the IARC Monographsonthe Evaluationofthe Carcinogenic Risk of Chemicals to Humans, be classified under WHMIS Class D2A (carcinogenic). The classification decision on titanium dioxide has been published on the IARC website and in a summary article published in The Lancet

Representatives from Health Canada (National Office of WHMIS) recently consulted withthe Quebec CSST and CCOHS (the two main agencies providing WHMIS classifications to the public) regarding the implicationsofthe IARC decisiontothe WHMIS classificationoftitaniumdioxide.It was agreed that titanium dioxide does now meet the criteria for WHMIS D2A (carcinogen) based on the information released by IARC to date, and that it is not necessary to wait for release of the full monograph.

Manufacturers and suppliers of titanium dioxide are advised to review and update their material safety data sheets and product labels based on this new information as soon as possible. Employers should review their occupationalhygieneprograms toensure that exposure totitaniumdioxide dust is eliminated or reduced to the minimum possible. Workersshould be educated concerning this potential newly recognized risk to their health and trained in proper work procedures.

And the dude put it in his juice cuz it made it look cool......like I have preached forever ya gotta know your juice makers. Lotta money to be made in a booming market, and every goof out there wants to make a buck....other groups this has been a topic all day with the cloud chasers. I guess it's a great strawberry, but chance I'll ever buy anything from them??! NOPE

How do you find out if they use food coloring in their juice? I mean, so far I'm pretty sure that none of the juices I've tried/used have food coloring in them, but better safe than sorry. Or as my husband put it, better safe than dead.

Anything other then clear to amber will be food coloring or some sort of additive. Not one of my flavorings is a color outside of that range. Im sure Comp can add alot more to this conversation then me :D

Edited by Proetus

Boba's isn't really a dark colored juice. As a matter of fact, I have trouble telling the difference between it and my cinnamon. Some juices are dark just by the nature of the flavoring in them. Also, I think another good indicator is if when you get it, it's fairly light colored, and the darker color only comes into play after it's steeped for a bit.

Some flavorings add coloring that is not added by the Juice maker. For example the Cherry flavorings I have, do have added coloring I didn't add. This is one of the main reasons why I stopped using Lorrans Flavorings. They add color to almost every flavoring they produce. I understand the concept so it looks like the flavor but it adds nothing to the flavor at all. I don't see any reason to add coloring to E-Liquids except for show and when it comes to E-Liquid is just not necessary.

I could care less about food coloring as long as it is food grade coloring. I am fairly certain one of my favorite flavors, Unicorn Blood, doesn't naturally become bright red lol.

Also I read someone in this thread I think, been busy day, say liquids should be clear or amber if not colored BUT many liquids will darken over time or as they steep. Endless Summer is clear, almost cloudy out of the box but after a few weeks sitting it turns into a fairly bright yellow color.

I don't wanna have to give up my Radiator Pluid! Reminds me of Absinthe. Not only is it yummy, it really helps with vapors tongue.

But it does look just like antifreeze. Hmmm.

Hence the name Pluid.

I could care less about food coloring as long as it is food grade coloring. I am fairly certain one of my favorite flavors, Unicorn Blood, doesn't naturally become bright red lol.

Also I read someone in this thread I think, been busy day, say liquids should be clear or amber if not colored BUT many liquids will darken over time or as they steep. Endless Summer is clear, almost cloudy out of the box but after a few weeks sitting it turns into a fairly bright yellow color.

This is what I said:

Also, I think another good indicator is if when you get it, it's fairly light colored, and the darker color only comes into play after it's steeped for a bit.

Flavors that need steeping (some come pre-steeped), if they aren't artificially colored, or even flavors that DON'T need steeping, will darken over time. Any of us that have ordered from EC Blends have seen it happen, or any of the juices made by the people that make Boba's. I've gotten some bottles, especially from EC, that have practically been clear when I received them, but they take on a different hue after they've been steeped. I see it happen with my juices that I get from Better Vapes - they don't NEED steeping, but they still darken over time, even if kept in a dark, cool place. It's just something that happens with aging.

I heard about this just yesterday and have been reading posts across a multitude of forums. It's truly sad this occurred and it is the responsibility of ALL to know what they are ingesting. Make an educated decision on what you put in your body from a historical standpoint. Smoking was advertised by doctors as being good for you, you could smoke in hospitals, planes, restaurants, wherever...and then years and years later after people started dropping dead from cancer did they finally figure out that it was deadly. Sadly enough, we as a community can not rely on the intelligence (or lack there of) of others as a sound reason to do anything. Research, research, research. The internet is a powerful tool! If you can't find anything to support or deny suspicisions in e-cig application, go outside of the box and read studies from other industries that use the same materials and look at the findings from their research. It's all a matter of deduction and common sense. If something doesn't look or sound right, it probably isn't.

My personal viewpoint is that if it doesn't grow out of beautiful Mother Earth, it has no business going into my body. We are exposed to a multitude of carcinogens and deadly chemicals on a daily basis and can't really do anything about it (unless heavily involved in groups that push legislation against) because it is an environmental issue. I smoked for 20 years and now vape...I choose to vape all natural and organic and I choose to produce all natural and organic because the research I have done on components of artificially colored or flavored and even pg based products scares me. I KNOW with certainty what I'm putting in my body is derived from the real thing.

A brief on flavors...

The Code of Federal Regulations defines a natural flavor as “the essential oil, oleoresin, essence or extractive, protein hydrolysate, distillate, or any product of roasting, heating or enzymolysis, which contains the flavoring constituents derived from a spice, fruit or fruit juice, vegetable or vegetable juice, edible yeast, herb, bark, bud, root, leaf or similar plant material, meat, seafood, poultry, eggs, dairy products, or fermentation products thereof, whose significant function in food is flavoring rather than nutritional.” Flavors that do not meet these standards are considered artificial.

I hope no one's health is affected by this apparent lapse in judgement. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and truly do not think the juice maker did this out of malice, just plain stupidity.

"We" collectively can not blame others for what "We" choose to do. No one is going to look out for you, but you.

Keep Calm and Vape On, Stay Informed, Be Responsible!

Peace & Love

• 10 months later...

For vapers who enjoy Mad Murdock's Radiator Pluid (like me), but are concerned with artificial coloring, just buy some Mad Murdock's Genuine Cutter and nic it up yourself. :yes

genuine-cutter.jpg

From the product page:

Cutter is pluid without the nicotine and green colour and a higher VG ratio. The original purpose of this juice was to use with 20mg Pluid to "Cut" the nicotine level down without diminishing the flavor. There are many people who will add their own nicotine to this flavor to create a higher VG Pluid without color.

That being said, Pluid is a very pretty juice.

hqdefault.jpg

It's not easy being green

Edited by Rixter