*Share Your Coil Builds*

3Rutez

7c440f10a83646b531ccc7d8a89db0be.jpg

Decided to switch it up for a while... this is dual nano dragon coils with 14 wraps of 26ga kanthal @0.5 ohms for the ipv.

4ee7f64bd89aa0c0dc829ef0f102461d.jpg

Same setup in the cartel, with 12 wraps of 26ga kanthal coming in @0.44 ohms for the mech mod.

I must say now that i have given dragon coils another shot they are freaking awesome, might even do a set of macro dragons in the cartel when these burn out..[emoji16]

Thank you!  I wish I would have added a couple more wraps on it.  I am liking it so far.  At 30 watts my juice lost it's flavor.  I went down to 20 and it was better. At 15 it had all of it's flavor.

I was hoping the added surface area of this larger wire would add a bit more flavor, but the coil I had on it was much smaller tiger wire, but higher ohm...so my surface area probably didn't change much.

Nice looking coil Jason!

Thank you!  The tiger wire takes a little more patience than regular wire.  You can have a beautiful looking coil and dryburn it once and it uncoils!  I have tried annealing them with a torch first and it helps, but it takes a lot of adjusting once you get it on.  But it is totally worth it!

I really want to get the Subtank mini for the RBA.I wish the Nano had one but that would probably be a nightmare to build on lol

The thing is pretty little, but it is idiot proof.  I am proof of that.  I never could get anything to wick correctly, but after a little reading I don't get any dry hits or spitting/flooding.  Of course I am only running it at 15 watts.  I am not trying to chase clouds.  It is just vaping like a better tasting OCC coil.

Edited by jasonculp

When I had a Billow, it didn't wick that great.  I know a lot more now than I did then and could probably make it work.  I really think at this point I like the single coil, lower power stuff for my daily vape.  This SubTank mini, with my juice 15 watts seems to be the sweet spot.  It is funny it really does not seem to matter what ohm coil I run.

Nice build!

Just thought I would share some images of the twists I did for Jason. This is for those that are twisting wire and thinking of doing some twisted wires.

gallery_1116_216_443759.jpg

^^ 24ga .5 Flat 24ga .9 Flat 22ga .5 Flat 22ga .9 ^^

gallery_1116_216_594049.jpg

^^ 28ga .9 Flat 28ga .5 Flat 26ga .5 Flat 26ga .9 ^^

gallery_1116_216_226187.jpg

^^ 32ga .9 Flat 32ga .5 Flat 30ga .9 Flat 30ga .5 ^^

gallery_1116_216_256599.jpg

^^ 4 x 32ga, 1 x .09 flat, 4 x 32ga 1x .9 flat, 2 x .9 flat ^^

The next time I do the 2 x .9 twist I will stop before it knots up.

first vertical build.  24 g 5/6 wrap on an orion rda. not the easiest rda to build on.  It is one thirsty build, eats juice like its oxygen.

this one is before i cleaned up the wrap

20150325_030513_zpsk9aew3xu.jpg

this is cleaned and wic'ed

20150325_061952-1_zpsdfxwdua9.jpg

and working amazing

FullSizeRender_zpssdpi8zjy.jpg

Edited by vaping_jake

My "sleeper" Clapton single wire build.. I used a 24 gauge core with a 28 gauge wrap. She fires at .19 ohms and rips like a champ. Flavor is ver good as well. This isn't a dual parallel build if you look closely you can see I build one coil then stuck the wire through the center post and built the other coil on the other side with the same wire. It was a pain to do put it looks awesome and chucks vape like no other lol8d14a33c5d6fc7790837506ebfbbffd8.jpg

I wrapped the first coil leaving like 5 inches of wire on one end then put the long end of the wire through the center post the wrapped the other coil on the other side with the extra wire from the first coil and put it through the last post. This whole this is 1 wire through all three post lol it was really hard to do