*Share Your Coil Builds*

3Rutez

The reason I called it a Toaster Coil is because I was looking at the toaster we have that has ribbon wire coils like it. That is what inspired it to begin with. :)

Uh oh....someones not up on their Battlestar Galactica jargon. Cylon's were referred to as 'toasters'.

oh.... I did not know that, but I did not watch Battlstar. That was on during a time of my life when I wasn't to into watching TV shows. I was hitting the bars and hussling pool. :)

Lucky for you there is a reboot available from Syfy, lol. 

Go for it Tug, Just don't get your finger caught up in it. :D

i twisted it once.put it back on to twist it again and it snapped.i gave up and just did a single 24 twisted coil,ohms out to 0.2 lol

Torching it before wrapping takes the spring out of the wire,makes a big difference

Hey Tug I used to torch all my coils but I guess I have gotten lazy after torching for a year and just pulse fire them now. Go figure eh? That being said if I use anything under 28ga (which is almost never), then I would torch'em.

Edited by dragongunner

With regular round wire I don't torch much anymore.  With the tiger wire, I probably should.  I can wrap a beautiful coil and first time I pulse it tries to uncoil...lol  I have learned to deal with it though.  It is worth the effort.  I just pulse it, put the screwdriver back through the coil, loosen a screw, pull the wire to tighten it up again, tighten the screw....repeat this a few times until it sets, then pulse and squeeze a few times and we're good to go!