*Share Your Coil Builds*

3Rutez

http://imgur.com/cAKrNYW

http://imgur.com/b120r68

http://imgur.com/tZxBT

Second build decided to try out dual micro dragon coils....28g kanthal, 14 wraps and it came out to 1.18 ohms...and of course i wicked it just like rip...vapor is ridiculous with this setup...now i see why everyone raves about it....and yes i know i am still a beginner builder, but this is what happens when i am bored.

You may want to cut back on the cotton some. Too much cotton can be a waste of juice and hinder vapor production. Make your coil more parallel with the deck and thread the cotton through the coil. Cut the cotton off about 1/4" to 1/8th" from the edge of each end of the coil.

You may want to cut back on the cotton some. Too much cotton can be a waste of juice and hinder vapor production. Make your coil more parallel with the deck and thread the cotton through the coil. Cut the cotton off about 1/4" to 1/8th" from the edge of each end of the coil.

Thx comp i will give that a try when it is time to re-wick...but i think i might need to get a bigger rda to run this setup. My mutation is kind of a tight fit for this build, like i said i was bored and just gave it a try

Shen what were using to wrap your coils on?

I guess what I'm asking is what size is the jig/screw driver/drill bit that your using?

I think I'm finally getting over this kick butt cold that I've had,to finally be able to focus on making my first coil on my own...

Shen what were using to wrap your coils on?

I guess what I'm asking is what size is the jig/screw driver/drill bit that your using?

I think I'm finally getting over this kick butt cold that I've had,to finally be able to focus own making my first coil on my own...

for which setup? for the dragon coils i used a 3/32 screw driver at 14 wraps each.

the macro coils i used a 1/8 screw driver at 7 wraps each.

also i watched both of the videos that rip trippers did on both of these coils...only difference is i am using 28g and i did 7 wraps instead of 6 on my macro coils...and i did dual micro coils instead of dual nano.

c5b26604ef8ad43342b1facf71bfd67b.jpg

Did my first macro sleeper coil build tonight....it came in at 0.74 ohms...and it chucks the vapor to the point i choke a little on the exhale.

1st time sleeper coil build 28g A-1 kanthal 8 wraps on a 5/64 screw driver.

This is only the 3rd set of coils i have built...technically 4th but the paralell single coil i built was garbage.

Well correction...the first one was garbage...the second one i followed rip trippers build for the nautilus bdc coils and just set it up as a bvc coil instead....came out to 1.4 ohms and it works pretty good, other than a tighter draw even wide open.

I have tried about 10, and none have worked. I really don't have any problem building them, it is getting the wicking correct. I have been attempting to rebuild the subtank coils. I get the coil built fine, but the wick is either too tight or too loose, can't find the happy medium!

Yea i have noticed the same thing i just rebuilg it again as a regular coil and it works but it spits too much...and now the thing leaks like a siv...and i never had that problem with the stock nauti coils.

I got some new Muji cotton and I have not tried any since I got it. This stuff is extremely uniform. It is more uniform than the normal Muji that I have got from other people. I must have ordered the wrong thing. These have layers and the fibers all run one direction. The stuff I had before only had a top layer(thin) and middle layer(thick) and bottom layer(thin). This stuff I got in has 4 distinct layers and has more unidirectional.

Edited by jasonculp

I have not tried it yet. I was given some muji that looks exactly like what comes with the SubTank and it has worked really good on the RBA, but for some reason I keep going back to the 1.2 ohm OCC coils. They seem to vape fine, but get really cruddy looking fast!

I've been vaping for about a year and I still have no idea what the hell RBA stands for lol.I assume Rebuildable "something" Atomizer

RBA - Rebuildable Atomizer

RDA - Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer

RTA - Rebuildable Tank Atomizer

When the first rebuildables came out (Genesis atties if I'm not mistaken), they were just called RBAs. This was before drippers and the newer tank styles. Later, the newer styles were named RDAs and RTAs. The first time I saw RDA, I thought it was a misprint.