*Share Your Coil Builds*

3Rutez

This isn't anything fancy...but it's my first build and I wanted to share.

Standard dual coil build. 26ga Kanthal. I was aiming for .5 ohm, it clocked in at .48 on the ohm meter.

9ab34d2f574370e7cec6d8436c28ef94.jpg

It fired exactly as I hoped it would...nice and even from the inside out.

55ed2a1973dcc8fcc9e55be4c80f56a8.jpg

And it definitely cranks out the vapor...

d77e9c7d8101cb81aaa9d36186a0630f.jpg

Lately I've found my wicking takes much more time than wrapping, and installing coils. At times it gets to the point where I find myself nipping single strands of wick. Talk about overkill and a headache. :wallbash: But no dry hits is definitely a pay off.  

7d77e44d06dfcc629e35d998ca53fa87.jpg

This is a Fuzed Clapton Build, I used two 26 gauge kanthal wires and wrapped them with a 30 gauge kanthal wire. By wrapping them super tight I Fuzed the 2 26 gauge wires together creating a larger wire with less resistance. This build fires at .13 ohms and chucks clouds and flavor.

All of this was done on a Swirlfish rebuildable deck.

Question about that last coil..  if you moved the positive wires tot he opposit holes couldnt you center the coils a bit more in the deck for better airflow across the coils?

That depends on your RDA.  I build on a TOBH and the placement of the airholes when wide open are not centered, so you have to build towards the side.  It all depends on your setup.  IMO you are correct that you want the coil in the path of the airflow coming in.

I've been doing a lot of coil builds lately, figured I'd share this one.

Dual Staggered Fused Clapton .2 ohm Build. 28g 317L core, wrapped with 32g kanthal, fused with 28g kanthal, wrapped on a 2mm screwdriver, built on 28mm Tobh Atty.

Another awesome build I did in a Goblin tank. This thing hits like a dripper. It's Dual Claptons .2 ohms, 28g kanthal core wrapped with 32g kanthal with on a 1mm coil jig. 

Edited by NewDrip

I'm glad your here Chrisfriar. Clean builds are the way to go!!!

But damn, isn't it so very easy???...lol

Maybe it's just that I have a background twisting wire...

No your right its definitely a lot easier than I was expecting. When watching videos and doing my research on builds I was wondering what I was getting into with all these different terms and gauges of wire but when it came to it I was surprised how simple it actually was.