*Share Your Coil Builds*

3Rutez

Well I cant figure out how to edit that last post....  But I had to re-coil it.  The coil was to big and to high up so my airflow was way to limited.  re made a coil with the same twisted wire but wrapped around the small blue screwdriver that came with the tank 5 times.  .6ohm load and my airflow is back where I like it.  I must say twisted wire has better flavor initially.  I say initially as I have only been playing with it today.  Finally looked for a youtube vid as to how to make it.  Up to now I thought it was made by hand, never thought to use my drill.  Yea, sometime I tend to think one-dimensionally.

I was recently inspired to try a Clapton build..  No pipettes so I put a small notch in my thumb and forefinger nails and wrapped 28G over 24G.  made a sleeper coil on my Little Boy of 4 wraps on each side.  measured it on my Fluke at .2ohm.  wicked it and MY GOD!!! Clouds parted, the sun shined down on me and the Angels of vaping heaven started singing...  Running it on my 26650 Hades mod.

Any way, heres the pics...

IMAG0584_zpsoqa2jz92.jpg

IMAG0585_zpsr8hnsdfi.jpg

One thing to note and I dont know why its happening, but both coils heat nicely from the inside out, but one gets bright red before the other one starts changing color...  

Edited by EverPresentNoob

Try the strumming method on the coils,take your tweezers and drag it across the coil like strumming a guitar.I know it sounds silly but it works.Are you wicking your coils with cotton candy?

No, not cotton candy, just good old CVS Sterile cotton balls.  They are juiced up with KrankBerry by Fusion Vapes.  One of my Goto juices.  Just wish it wasnt colored, but oh well it tastes so darn good..

Ok, take a Clapton and strum it..  There has to be a joke in here somewhere....

Edited by EverPresentNoob

Double Clapton Tidal Coil

2 strands twisted 28g kanthal, wrapped with 32g kanthal, then reverse wrapped with 32g kanthal, then reverse twisted with .4mm flat ribbon wire,  8 wraps on a 3mm screw driver @ 1.2 ohms.

Edited by NewDrip

Just thought I would share this. It was a fail, but had to try anyway. I had this in my head for a long time. Tug had sent me a image of some one that did this as well. Up until I saw the pic I had trouble getting the wire to do what I wanted. The pic was all I needed to spark my brain and thought, String Art Nail Board. Today I built one expecting more than I got for the effort. With some fiddling and the time building the pin board, I had one installed. Registered a steady 1.2ohms. I fired it up and it fizzed out to a epic fail with little to no vapor. I couldn't even get the coil to glow. LMAO Anyway if you want to give it a try you may have better luck than I did, but I'm not wasting the wire or effort again.

28ga 1.2ohm Toaster Coil

post-1116-0-65900000-1428194954_thumb.jp

post-1116-0-03999300-1428194974_thumb.jp

I haven't abandoned the Pin board. I have some thoughts for some other builds I want to try. It may be the wire gauge that is the problem or just the RDA in general. I built it on a Patriot Clone, I may try it one more time on the ToBH and see how it goes.

If it didn't glow on a Mech, I don't think buying a 150watt device just for this coil is practical. LOL

Hook it up to a 150w device and let er rip lol

Well Tug Here's one to yeah! It took 40 watts, but I got it glowing and cranken like a champ. :D I think you will like what you see. It takes a couple seconds to get it warmed up , but once it is.... OMFG! LOL And thanks Bebop for pushing me to try once more. This is the same coil. ;)

Toaster Coil in action!

It is a high wattage coil. I tried it at 30 watts and it was huffing on a cigalike. :D I would say it is a coil for a 40watt min device or higher. Even at 40watts it is a cool vape. I'm going to work with some higher gauge wire and see if I cut the wattage down at all.