How long have you been smoke free?

So I was thinking, coming up this December marks 8 years smoke free for me. (Time really does fly!) I'll be honest, I did cheat once if I recall in 2009 but other than that I haven't touched a cigarette since. As a pack a day smoker I always assumed I'd probably smoke most of my life.

How long have you been Smoke Free?

WOW, great question. I started smoking when I was 12 years old and smoked until I was 50 years old. I had tried gum, patches and medicine and nothing worked. On my 50th birthday my girlfriend pulled into a convenient store and brought out one of those single vapor sticks (cant remember the name) and said "just try it". I right away knew that I could replace smoking with this vapor stick and I threw away the pack I had and never smoked again and that was over 5 years ago.  WHORAY!! 😊

2 hours ago, Christopher said:

So I was thinking, coming up this December marks 8 years smoke free for me. (Time really does fly!) I'll be honest, I did cheat once if I recall in 2009 but other than that I haven't touched a cigarette since. As a pack a day smoker I always assumed I'd probably smoke most of my life.

How long have you been Smoke Free?

Congratulations on being smoke-free!  I'm 3 weeks clean of analog cigarettes since switching to vaping.  I was a 10+ year seeming lifetime heavy smoker and vaping has definitely saved me from that fate.

Congratulations to all who have been able to stay away from analog cigarettes for any amount of time!

-Sean

4 years in April for me.  Loving it and time has flown by. 4 years ago if you had asked me I probably would have said I'd smoke myself to death.  Thank the gods for the vaping miracle. :D

May 10, 2012 was when I first picked up an eGo-T 650 with a CE4 tank. Totally got off cigarettes five days later. Can't believe it's been this long without smoking and it's been four and a half years. Didn't want to wind up on oxygen and inhalers or worse but nothing else worked. Vaping has changed my life! And look at all the wonderful friends I've made on this forum... the support we give each other here is amazing.  :D 

I've been smoke free for 6 months on the 23rd of this month. After smoking since 1972, I never thought I could quit until I talked to my son's fiance and she told me to try vaping...she planted the bug in my ear and then a LEO/MP friend told me the same thing I went to local B&M and haven't looked back. :)

It will be three years in june!I smoked for 15 years.vaping was the only way I could quit.I only had one slip up,it was this year,and it had to do with a quadruple ton of stress and running out of eliquid.I picked some up as soon as I finished the stinky,even though I was super strapped for cash.paid Mark up at the vape shop,it was (the ciggie) so terrible I didn't mind the mark up!mouthwash and tooth work for twenty minutes!!!congrats to all of you on being smoke free!

It was three years for me on August 14 (I remember the date because my mom was in the hospital with a blocked femoral artery, and there was concern that they couldn't find a big enough vein to use to bypass, and it was the day after her birthday).  I had stopped smoking on June 27, but I slipped up on the 14th from the stress.  I had exactly three cigarettes that day before sticking to my e-ciggy for good.  There have been times where I've wanted to smoke, especially if I'm around other smokers, or reading and a character lights a cigarette, but I haven't done it.

I bought my first "real" vape also on 3/31/14... 

I bought an eGo-T 650mAh / CE4 starter-pack at the local  vape shop (carry-case, two batteries, charger-kit, six clearomizers, and two 30ml bottles of juice)... a week later I had two more 1100mAh eGo-T's and upgraded to EVOD tanks... another week later I was rocking my first Pyrex tank... Kanger ProTank3-mini... and on my 4th week, I upgraded to an Innokin MVP 2.0, two KPT2, and two Aerotanks :D

I tried cold-turkey, gum, patches, Chantix, and flirted with cigalikes for a while before buying a "real" vape product... and NOTHING worked like REAL vaping does!!  I started vaping on 4/1/14 and have never had another smoke since then :D  I'm over 2.5 years smoke-free, and NEVER felt better in my life.

My fiance has been smoke free for just over 1.5 years.. and vaping is the ONLY thing that helped her quit!