Vaping too sweet?

My first post was in reference to a god awful taste I was getting when I vaped. Come to find out it was the juice and that particular manufacturers custard and creme flavors. Theirs were at a 50/50 ratio. Since then I have found juices that are a lot better and the custard and creme is way better, which has created a new problem.

I have tried now several custom blends which are 90 or 99% VG and some manufactured juice at the same VG ratio. The problem I have now is that after vaping for about the first 1/2 tank during the day, everything tastes like sugar. I understand that higher VG needs steep time to bring out the flavor but I'm experiencing it on juice that has been on the shelf for weeks.

I assume it's the high VG since I have tasted pure VG and it is sweet. I'm 0 Nic and I know that Nic will kill some of that sweetness but will a higher PG curb some of the taste? Maybe 60VG/40PG?

Again, still getting my feet wet in vaping. I hope someone has a good answer because around 11am for the past 3 days I've felt like I needed to shave my tongue!

High VG is going to be sweet. There is no getting around that except cutting back on the VG I'll use my PBFB for an example. When I make a low VG mix of it I will add sweetener to it, but anything above 50/50 the VG is enough to sweeten it. VG is used as a sweetener for people with diabetes. You may have a high sensitivity to sweet things and the High VG may not be what you want. If your not chasing clouds then go with a 50/50 or even 60/40 to cut back on the sweet taste you are getting. The 60/40 will add some added throat hit however.

It could be the vendor, it could be the ratio, it could also be the VG. I'd say you might want to try sampler packs from several different vendors. Some are sweeter than others. Me? I keep a bottle of sweetener just to add it to my juices. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, with a VG based juice like the one your smoking it's going to be sweet, but if you use a 60 pg / 40 vg you wont get the intense clouds (well not by much) but the flavor will come through great and wont be as sweet as the VG.

If I were you simply try a 60 pg / 40 vg blend.

If this suites you stick with it if not try a 50 / 50 and go with companies like ;

Five Pawns

Cosmic Fog

Fuzion etc.

Experimenting is the only way you'll find anything out to work for you, personally.

• 2 months later...

Vaping is cheaper and healthier too. E-cigarettes are a safer way to get a nicotine fix, or a way for smokers to break a nasty habit, and it is less harmful than conventional cigarettes and other tobacco products.

• 3 weeks later...