Just a new member, love what I've seen and learned over the past couple days!

dycab

Hello - I've been a smoker 30 plus years.... about 8 years ago I stopped buying brand name smokes and have been "rolling my own" pipe tobacco instead of cigarette tobacco - to cut the cost down, but get my fix. I went into my local tobacco shop two weeks ago and asked the woman about the ecigarettes. She said she wouldn't let me buy the ones that were in the case and told me to wait until she received the "real" ones. She's been there since the place opened and is always sweet and personable... so I trust her... the e-cigarettes I were pointing out were 2.99 each and she said they junk........

I went back in Tuesday afternoon. I bought my pipe tobacco and tubes with no intent of quitting. I bought her suggestion of a "Krave" disposable, was AMAZED. I went back and picked up the starter kit, when the battery went out - I did smoke a few cigarettes - after using the disposable - so about 5 on Tuesday, about 4 on Wednesday. This morning will be 24 hours without one. This is indescribable as to how this is working on me. I bought a second starter kit because they don't have a "second" battery separately and I would rather use this than to actually smoke. Anyone wanting to know if this works, well... I've been called a professional smoker by co-workers over the years.

From just wanting to "try" it - to not smoking within a couple days is hard to describe. I've been through this board and love it, learned a lot in the past couple days from your posts, and so those who want to know what I'm using:

Krave 1001 starter kit - 1.8 nicotine - the lady at the smoke shop said I'd like 'em and she's right.

I haven't got the hang of how long they'll last me per filter yet, but this is amazing. I wan't intending to quit. I've been thinking about it for years and tried the patch about 10 years ago. That lasted two weeks. I hope to be smoke free and never going back as of yesterday at noon. I'm liking this A LOT ! ! ! ! ! ! !

My wife is doing it also - she's not had a cigarette since Tuesday night. WOW ! ! !

sig2852.png

Welcome to the forum, when your ready to step up to a better ecig let us know :cheers:

Yea at first I thought the NJoy disposables and the little overpriced 808 kit from the mall were awesome, then I found this forum and it opened my eyes a lot lol. Not only were the good ones miles above the others, they were cheaper than the crappy 808 mall kit.

Prepare to be more amazed. You'll probably start feeling better in short order. Smokers are going to start smelling funny to you, lol. I wish great success to you and your wife. It's so worth it. Keep reading and learning. There is more to discover and even greater satisfaction not to mention cost savings.

I also notice spicy food is a LOT more spicy than it used to be lol. Second the "smoker smell". I am like, THATS WHAT I SMELLED LIKE???? That alone is enough to keep me off the analogs. I had my truck and my wifes Denali both ozoned to get rid of the smell.

• 1 month later...

Congrats on leaving the analogs. I am a noob into week 3 of no analogs and it sounds like you are doing great. I like you bought went the RYO route and even bought the Fresh Choice Machine. It was always a chore whereas vaping is so easy. Glad to hear about your wife too. Welcome I have learned a lot in this forum.

Welcome to VT. I was a pipe tobacco and cigar abuser for ; well since Vietnam if that tells you. For me that was at aged 17. Working 12 hour days or more and missing meals but burning thru dozens of cigarettes, cigars, and pipe tobacco to keep going. It was a war you know.

Since then I was almost always with a stogie in my mouth. It's a wonder why I havent had more go wrong with me like cancer, copd, etc. I do have respiratory issues, cpap, and until recently always smelled like an ashtray.

E-cigs can mean freedom for you. has for me. and like my buddy Medic says, always have and get backups. You will have issues and a backup can make the difference in a happy day or Nic withdrawl. It aint nice.

My tatsters ar still coming back so I am learning all over again what things are like. Things I used to like I may not anymore. Things I hated I may love now. Same will be true for you!

hang out, ask questions, and be part of the family. I am convinced the loving people here are at least 50% responsible for keeping me off the poisons now!!

Yep.... I didn't see the responses until now - thank you guys! The wife and I just upgraded to a "Uno Vapor" brand for $34.00 each with a (manual) 650 battery and a clearomizer - he threw in some juice - which was nice, but the juice wasn't what I was used to or it was just not good for my taste - either way, I already was filling my Krave filters with a mix of nicotine juice (Tsunami 18 tobacco flavor and mixing it with Wilton Glycerin)- so putting that into these? WOW! What a difference - better hit - more vapor - - - the Krave was great for starters, but these are miles above that - The guy said it was part of the Ego company at the local weekend flea market - but I can't see that they are off hand, but at least the battery is a replaceable one without much grief because it looks exactly like the ego brand , and the wife LOVES the clear - and the ease of filling these .... pretty cool ! ! ! ! I'm afraid of what my next upgrade will cost me!!!! LOL!!!!

What Kitsune said! And you can buy a LOT of new toys and still not spend as much as you would have with analogs. :D

true that! especially since here in ohio analogs went up another dollar a pack so instead of 5.63 a pack.... i would be paying 6.72 a pack after tax for my marlboro virginia blends. :)

Yeah, here in Oregon, the prices have more than jumped....but are still lower than they are elsewhere in the country.

To be honest, I avoid looking at cig prices....it just makes me sad that I wasted so much money all these years that I could have saved, or otherwise appropriated for better use.