What's your go-to battery?

I prefer external batteries  like in my picos, 60W-TC and dripbox, but I have an istick 50W that keeps me buzzing around the house all day. I like the brownies because they hold a good charge for quite awile.

I had an istick 40W but it died after 4 months and tossing away a mod seems like throwing money away which is why I prefer external.

6 minutes ago, Edna said:

I prefer external batteries  like in my picos, 60W-TC and dripbox, but I have an istick 50W that keeps me buzzing around the house all day. I like the brownies because they hold a good charge for quite awile.

I had an istick 40W but it died after 4 months and tossing away a mod seems like throwing money away which is why I prefer external.

hmm no kidding. I've had my 40w for a while now and haven't had an issue. Did it get dropped? Or simply wouldn't take a charge anymore. 

I prefer external for pretty much the same reason as@edna . Sure, a built in battery is convenient, but I would much rather find myself having to buy two new batteries at less than $20 than a whole new mod. For me convenience doesn't play a role. I always have at least two mods and at least 4 batteries with me.

As far as brands, Samsung and LG are my primary go to brands, but I also have a couple of MXJOs in the rotation.

Sent from my heart using the Vapor Talk App. OK...OK...I'm kidding. I have no heart. But I did use the Vapor Talk Mobile App.

Just now, Christopher said:

hmm no kidding. I've had my 40w for a while now and haven't had an issue. Did it get dropped? Or simply wouldn't take a charge anymore. 

I bought it at a local B&M when I first started vaping and it just stopped charging. No I'm very careful and everything ...it just quit.  It was my first mod I ever got and I got the pico shortly after it and have been happily vaping ever since, I didn't use it daily or anything it shouldn't have quit , maybe I just got a defective one.

Yea that sucks.  That's passed the warranty period but I know if you sent me a message I'd probably have shipped you another. I take care of my stuff pretty well but I still USE the heck out of it. As I think any vapor should. I think if I had a device come in I could tell was generally taken care of but well used and crapped out sooner than it should have, at least me anyway, I'd probably have replaced it. (Then again we all sort of know each other and I know you wouldn't just be switching devices out on me) ;)

Just now, Christopher said:

Yea that sucks.  That's passed the warranty period but I know if you sent me a message I'd probably have shipped you another. I take care of my stuff pretty well but I still USE the heck out of it. As I think any vapor should. I think if I had a device come in I could tell was generally taken care of but well used and crapped out sooner than it should have, at least me anyway, I'd probably have replaced it. (Then again we all sort of know each other and I know you wouldn't just be switching devices out on me) ;)

Sadly it was before I discovered Vapor Talk and was a total newbie...I know you stand behind your products which is why I've bought mods that I've given as gifts from you. Maybe soon I can afford a new one for me.... but I'm happily trying to get the smokers around me off analogs and so far it's been working thanks to VT :)

I'm with @Adversarious1...  My first box-mod was the MPV, and after about 18 months it just wouldn't hold a charge more than a few hours :(  I was kinda upset about that, since it still looks like new, and is not much more than a paperweight at the moment...  After that disappointment, I decided it is more economical and efficient to buy mods that use 18650 or 26650 batteries, and replace batteries, rather than buy a whole mod just because the battery went bad... kinda like having to buy a new car just because the battery needs replacing....

My go-to brands are Samsung and LG... and my #1 preference is the Samsung 25R-5 (green) and 25R-2 (blue) because they just last and last and last! 

LG HE2 (red) have served me well, but they seem to diminish their charge capacity after about 200 charges, whereas the Samsung I've been running for nearly 2 years are still working like new ones.  I've also bought some Samsung 30Q (pink) and LG HG2 (brown)... So far they are working well and holding their charge like new... but none of those 3000mAh batteries have passed 100 recharges yet :)

13 hours ago, Christopher said:

Do you really still rock the Vision Spinner? (that used to be my battery of choice as well. Wonder if I can convert you...)

I use it everyday at work. It fits in my pocket and lasts a long time. I use a Sigelei box mod at home. What device would you recommend?

I've been stuck on the iStick 50W for some time now. The internal battery and no fuss are the selling points for me. There is now an iPower 80W in the rotation these days. When I use my IPV mini and mini2, I use Samsung external batteries, but I prefer the internal -- it's just a matter of convenience.  :)