What device do you use to visit the forum?

Christopher

Most often I use a desktop PC with Firefox. I also use Chrome fairly regularly now to access Vapor Talk, and sometimes Opera.

Every now and then I get on with an Android tablet using Firefox.

So far, I've been able to refrain from getting on with my smartphone.

So far. :)

I use a linux system with a customized Firefox browser

Much safer thanwindows

Yes and No. Depends who's running the system and I find if the first statement of Linux is followed by because it's so secure, usually means that persons system, isn't that secure. Someone said it pretty well once that it's like comparing air travel to car travel. Planes have a better safety rating in part because they're operated by professionals vs your avg person. Cars on the other hand are operated by people with widely varied levels of skill and experience. Linux in general has been successful as a server OS (what we use to run Vapor Talk ) so those who run it tend to be more tech savvy.

Linux has a huge dedicated user base of experienced people and because it's open source, the bugs can usually be fixed quickly but that's not to say Windows isn't secure, it's very secure and a fantastic platform when set up and used correctly. I guarantee you if your avg person ran and installed Linux on a spare box in there home, at least while learning, someone on my dev team would find a way in just as easily as they would on a windows box.

Being an IT person, I use multitudes of browsers and devices, but my go-to choices are FF and Chrome on my personal desktop/laptop, and FF-mobile, Chrome, and Dolphin on my Android devices (love Dolphin!). I have also used TapaTalk, too, but find it clunky, and despise how it remembers me today, but tomorrow will tell me I have to register/sign-in to reply to posts/PMs, and even after I do (again and again)... still denied!

Being an IT person, I use multitudes of browsers and devices, but my go-to choices are FF and Chrome on my personal desktop/laptop, and FF-mobile, Chrome, and Dolphin on my Android devices (love Dolphin!). I have also used TapaTalk, too, but find it clunky, and despise how it remembers me today, but tomorrow will tell me I have to register/sign-in to reply to posts/PMs, and even after I do (again and again)... still denied!

This might actually have been a fault on our side. I updated TapaTalk a month or two back but admittedly didn't read import the XML hook that is provided with it. (whoops) The devs at Tapa conacted me to let me know about the issues, I reuploaded the necessary files and installed the corresponding hooks.

Basically, it should, in theory work now lol :) (You might want to give it another go and see how things are working)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...