Drippers are taking over

It has been a long road of trial and error with different devices and then different flavors and then different builds and again different flavors...

Droppers have now taken over... I love my nautilus too much to forget it at home but the stillaires are taking over as reigning champ!

It's a whole other world! I had my doubts at first... But now falling back in love through dripping a flavor I thought could not be dripped has kicked me in the face and made me go off into the drip-side!

It might be a temporary thing. It might not. But god do I ever love this hobby of ours! I'm toasting tonight to all of us who have left the stinkies behind and have discovered a new dimension in vaping.

Honestly I miss my tanks simplicity! The taste and vapor production is killing though!

I have an old collection of about seven tanks which I no longer even own coils for anymore.

My Kayfun came first and then the mechs and followed by enough rda's to top each mech.

I now have a small pile of old mechs and an rda I have no use for anymore also as I invested in better mechs and rda's since I knew it just wasn't a fad.

I do feel rda's will soon be made with auto feed drip systems and coil/wick cartridges to move into more of the mainstream market.

Heck I won't even buy any juice that isn't high VG except for my kayfun which still prefers 50/50 for proper feeding.

I still only use my kayfun outside the house, but new advances in rda's will change that soon.

Check out Smaxx juice to see what I mean about dripping moving forward.

ALL HAIL THE KANTHAL!!!

Edited by Dasfriek

I've got two dozen Kanger tanks, which I still use... although the Russians have become my mainstream :) Some juices still taste better in the Kanger tanks, though... go figure?

I've got a Magma en-route, so I may be joining you in burning tons of juice in a dripper :)

Glad you found an RDA and flavor your like!

Dasfriek what kind of tanks you got? I might buy them if you don't want them lol. Not into anything else.

I was hoping to sell the lot as a whole to just get rid of it all at once.

Well two lots anyhow, tanks and mods, and throw in my juice collection somewhere.

Almost the full line of multiples of Kangers up to the last one I didn't try and a Nautilus.

Its late now, but tomorrow I'll try and shoot a pm list.

Any used items I sell will be a great deal no doubt.

Edited by Dasfriek

I was hoping to sell the lot as a whole to just get rid of it all at once.

Well two lots anyhow, tanks and mods, and throw in my juice collection somewhere.

Almost the full line of multiples of Kangers up to the last one I didn't try and a Nautilus.

Its late now, but tomorrow I'll try and shoot a pm list.

Any used items I sell will be a great deal no doubt.

For the mods I might be interested! of course comes in a lot but either way, if you dont to pm me too please!

I like my drip but, I like my tanks for when I'm on the go. I don't want to fuss with dripping and driving. It harkens back to dropping my lighter on the floor board and almost running off the road trying to get it. LOL There is also the unexpected bumps that make me miss the atty and get juice all over me and my lap or steering wheel. :evil:

I like my drip but, I like my tanks for when I'm on the go. I don't want to fuss with dripping and driving. It harkens back to dropping my lighter on the floor board and almost running off the road trying to get it. LOL There is also the unexpected bumps that make me miss the atty and get juice all over me and my lap or steering wheel. :evil:

See "Deep Impact".... look at the mess THAT made lol

It's impossible for me to drip and ride. My juice maker let me play with his rig while he was finishing my juice order. Ya it hooked me I haven't jumped because I ride full time though. Then I took a couple hundred bottles to another friends store for him and was introduced to a reo. Now thats the answer to all of my problems except one rounding up that kind of cash. Told the wife to put a hold on the ipv2 and just get batteries for the vamo. Might have the funds saved by thanksgiving if I stay out of the shops except for juice. :wallbash:

It's impossible for me to drip and ride. My juice maker let me play with his rig while he was finishing my juice order. Ya it hooked me I haven't jumped because I ride full time though. Then I took a couple hundred bottles to another friends store for him and was introduced to a reo. Now thats the answer to all of my problems except one rounding up that kind of cash. Told the wife to put a hold on the ipv2 and just get batteries for the vamo. Might have the funds saved by thanksgiving if I stay out of the shops except for juice. :wallbash:

I feel you... everytime i step foot into a vape shop... just to look or to refill on one or two bottles of juice... i seem to always rack up a bill worth 100-200$.... its anoying... and at lunch i wanted to go see if there is anyting new at my usual shop.... :S might be coming back breaking the bank haha

SOOOO today I tried my nautilus tank on my emow... I dont know if its an airflow issue or what... i havent changed anything for a few weeks now... i havent really used it in a few weeks actually since I started dripping... and its... not at alll what i remeber it being... im kindof bummed out... I loved that set up and thoguht it gave me so much flavor and vapor etc...

im doomed...

I know exactly how you feel. I have at least a dozen or so KP tanks of all kinds that I no longer use, and every time I go back to them, it is not the same as I remember them. Sad part is, I stocked up on coils. haha So they all went to my emergency bags.

But I think I found my unicorn - Orchid. Then again, I say that every other week or so. Seriously though, it is liberating. I can now fully enjoy vaping on the go without compromise. I think my RDAs will be only for weekends from now on.

I know exactly how you feel. I have at least a dozen or so KP tanks of all kinds that I no longer use, and every time I go back to them, it is not the same as I remember them. Sad part is, I stocked up on coils. haha So they all went to my emergency bags.

But I think I found my unicorn - Orchid. Then again, I say that every other week or so. Seriously though, it is liberating. I can now fully enjoy vaping on the go without compromise. I think my RDAs will be only for weekends from now on.

how is the orchid??? I was really eyeing it! Im debating getting into RBAs because of the tank factor which is awesome!

How do you find the flavor and the vapor production? is there a huge difference with RDAs from your own experience?

I love my RDAs and they still top the Orchid in flavor, and will always remain my favorite. Vapor is about the same. The difference in flavor is not far off and I find that a happy compromise in exchange for not topping off all the time. Topping off RDA is not a big deal but when travelling quite a bit like I am doing lately, it really gets on my nerves sometimes. :)

Orchid is basically more like a kayfun/fogger, So there was a slight learning curve for me the first day. Lots of leaking and I had to re-wick it 3 times only to find out it was my filling technique that was wrong. haha

If you do decide to give it a try, consider getting the V2 or a top fill cap for easy filling. But even without them, it is easy to fill without having leaking problems, just cover the airholes and chimney when filling them up.

Wouldn't leve the house with one but I prefer dripper to taks by miles. The magma clone I got has flavor and vapor that a tank could never compete with. They are so easy to build I can change flavors in a minute. Basically the couch potato's dream.

Alright, you dripper fans have finally sparked my curiosity. Been vaping for 19+ months with a simple setup that suits me just fine. I've seen and read bunches about dripping, but always thought ..... nah, too much trouble. Since I recently started doing my own juices, I really don't much like taste testing the juice in a tank. If it tastes like soap, I have a compromised coil for a while. I think with a drip setup a taste test might be easier. And, I can expand my horizons into the dripping side of vaping. What would you guys reccommend for an inexpencive entry level dripping setup?

Another important question about dripping: does a dripping setup have to involve building my own coils? That's something I'm not interested in doing.

No. Direct dripping does not have to involve building your own coils. You can buy a premade atomizer (I would also recommend getting a drip shield so it's not messy), and, with a little learning curve, direct drip away. I would also suggest keeping like flavors together in one atomizer like fruits in one, coffees in another, bakery in yet another one... By going from one flavor to another, the old flavor lingers just a bit so you may not want to vape a mixture of coffee flavored e-liquids with a lemon custard. :)

This is the 1.7 ohm: https://www.vaportalkstore.com/510-Atomizer-Low-Resistance-p/510-atomizer-lr.htm

This is the 2.2 ohm: https://www.vaportalkstore.com/510-Atomizer-Low-Resistance-p/510-atomizer-lr.htm

If you're not interested AT ALL then what comp showed works but once you find a setup that you like it takes 5 minutes to do and you can keep it on there for a VERY long time. The initial search for the right build is tough but I found it within a week. Mind you, I was building 4-5 times a day to try out different things but still... It really depends. It turned my vaping into a hobby more than anything

Alright, you dripper fans have finally sparked my curiosity. Been vaping for 19+ months with a simple setup that suits me just fine. I've seen and read bunches about dripping, but always thought ..... nah, too much trouble. Since I recently started doing my own juices, I really don't much like taste testing the juice in a tank. If it tastes like soap, I have a compromised coil for a while. I think with a drip setup a taste test might be easier. And, I can expand my horizons into the dripping side of vaping. What would you guys reccommend for an inexpencive entry level dripping setup?

Another important question about dripping: does a dripping setup have to involve building my own coils? That's something I'm not interested in doing.

Yes, dripping involves building your own coils, or at least having someone else build them for you, but you still have to install, tweak, and wick them. You'll need an Ohm-meter, coil wire, cotton or silica or rayon wick material, drill-bits to coil around, wire cutters, blah, blah, blah...

Building coils is not hard, but it does takes a little time to get the hang of it, and the initial cost of materials can set you back $30-50 before you even choose an RDA!

I really like my Magma, but have tried others... a Stillare is in my sights, not because I think it has better flavor or vapor than the Magma, but I just like the look of them and they have gold posts for better conductivity :)

Another choice for testing juices would be a low-resistance atomizer? Basically, they are a tube-style cartomizer without any packing or wicking material ... just a tube with a coil in the bottom... drip a couple of drops of liquid and vape... repeat.... IIRC, the VT store had some 2.0 Ohm 5-packs for a couple bucks?