Has this ever happened to you

so i live in PA and the other day last friday to be exact im 26 years old 2 may have somthing to do with it but im on my way home from work and im vaping with my pen and a cop blows past me .... all of a sudden the cop slows down gets beside me im still vaping hes looking at me im breaking no laws or anything no speeding no nothing he gets behind me woop woop lights any annoying car sound flips on... so i pull over he pulls in behind ... he walks up to the car hes like i smell pot wheres the pipe i seen in your hand and you look high sir .... im blank minded like wtf is all i could think i was not high and nor did the car smell like pot but i showed him my vape ect. dont wanna bore you with the rest but has anyone else been pulled over for vaping???

rjr so im still so far the only one picked off

after feeling like an *** hole im sure he asked if he could instead of breaking his way in and i said no and he accepted that

A state trooper pulled me over the other day. He made up a bogus reason saying that my tags were expired in their system even though the sticker on my license plate and registration were all current (so why was he looking it up in the first place when there was no reason?). He then gave me a warning to get lighter tinting on my windows all the while staring at my Vision Spinner and Davide mini.

I think he saw me vaping and thought something nefarious was going on instead. :)

Interesting subject... my brother-in-law is a cop, and he was noticing my eGo with KPT3 mini over Mother's day weekend, and casually mentioned that it was "good that I didn't have one of those round, globe-tanks"... [then he chuckled]

Apparently they are told / encouraged to be on the lookout for the round, globe-style, dry-herb vaporizers while on patrol... and they are also given a pretty good education on types of equipment, too... He doesn't smoke, nor vape, but he was able to identify correctly that my tank was a "mini", and my battery was an eGo-style. Kudos to his department for educating their officers!

This is a great conversation. I think it is important to learn how someone handles being pulled over for ecig suspicious activity.

I live in the state that legalized the fun stuff. I have felt a bit strange about vaping in my car. Especially when stopped with a bunch of other cars at a light. Makes me wonder what other drivers are thinking and whether or not they might report me. I have a scanner that I run constantly at home. Since January, I have heard about a handful of calls relating to someone driving with suspicious smoke coming from the car. Not sure what came of them, so guessing that it was nothing.

Just so you understand, The fun stuff law in my state, specifically only makes it legal in the home. Not on the street, not in public and not in the car.

So with all that being said. Being the Admin, you can keep discussing this topic, but please be careful not to turn this thread to far south.

Being an Over the Road trucker, I've actually had a couple conversations with Tennessee State Police and Arkansas DOT officers at a weigh station. They didn't pull me over. Were just doing a random DOT inspection on my rig. They were pretty cool about my vaping. I think they were more interested in how much vapor I was producing. I could tell the one from Arkansas was a smoker from the way he smelled. Told him about all the benefits I've received after starting the vape and trashing the stinkys. Hopefully he'll convert.

ya it helped me as well it the best way i can see to stop the stink bombs but idk im gunna soon be getting my nemesis up and going after everything shows up so maybe that will help it to not look like the pipe and if i get pulled over or in a convo with a cop it wont be a confusion more of a learning exp. for him or her

oh when the cop pulled back beside me i was still vaping he had time to look and see if he wanted 2 i think a possable rookie? wanted to get his first drug bust?? who knows but again im glad to see the feedback about other peoples exp. with this it seems most know what it is