I need your prayers.

My dad was admitted to the VA hospital today. They found a mass on his brain and a chance of complete kidney failure if they use contrast to do a mri. Please just keep him in your prayers and hope for the best. I am here by his side and noone can make me leave.

The doctor came in and told me that the risks out way the benefits so they won't be preforming surgery. Just hanging in there. He doesn't know who anyone is including himself. He thinks that the room at the hospital is part of a house I have bought and he has been calling me Gary. This morning was very violent. So bad they restrained him to the bed as he was asking me why I was letting them do this and I was a mean *******. My poor father I will miss you terribly.

Know in your heart, and carry it with you, that what is said and happens now is not what your father truely feals for you and your family. Show him the love you have for him and comfort him in this time. He will know.... And you will be better for haveing been there. Good luck my friend! We are here for you if you need anything.

News on dad. They will transport him to hospice in my hometown tomorrow which is an hour closer to me than he is right now.still no surgery that's the way he wanted it anyway. Thank you all for helping me through this time of stress and sorrow. We just want him to be comfortable and as happy as possible. I couldn't ask for a better group of people than I have right here. Thank you all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys so much. He is doing as well as to be expected. No pain so that is good but his mind is lost. His words are very jumbled and thought process is shot. I keep hoping he will come back to us but I know that will never happen. It is good to have friends like you to help keep me grounded and keeping my chin up.

I know it's tough. Just my opinion but even though his mind may be gone you have to keep in your own mind the thoughts of how he really is at his best. I know you do bit it will help you get thru it.

When my own mother became ill and eventually slipped in to a coma i had a long private conversation with her. I reminisced with her on the wonderful moments of her life. I acknowledged all the help and good she had been in her life. I let her know we all loved her annd would miss her and she would remain very much a part of our lives. She passed in her sleep that night. It was beautiful.

I only say this to make the point that although it seems difficult you CAN still communicate to your father and he will get it.

Mike