*Share Your Coil Builds*

3Rutez

I've been hearing that the US26650VT is really only 30A. I chose them over the MNKE due to the 50A claims. Test results have also showed a significant voltage drop with the Sony compared to the MNKE, which keep consistent for longer.

Here is a chart showing the MNKE and Sony US26650VT @ 20A.

SonyVMNKE_zps8857655d.jpg

I don't want to derail the thread, but figured I would post it here for now, lol.

I tore down and rebuilt the Stillare with 26g dual parallel coils. Ramp up time was even longer than the 22g, and the vapor production was pathetic compared to the other build. I think the best thing will be to keep the 22g coils, but make them bigger in diameter. That way I can get more ohms without taking up so much horizontal space on the deck. I gotta say though, for my first ever attempt at a parallel coil, I did damn good.

I gave the 26g dual parallels another shot. 10 wraps @ .51ohms . Flavor is top notch, and the vapor production is incredible. I will get better at wrapping this type of coil with practice.

IMG_20140606_123428_zpsoclajdbf.jpg

Most coils I build above 26g, I torch the wire before I wrap em. Them if I'm doing parallels, I wrap one side first, tighten em with pliers, insert coil into posts, tighten post screws, then wrap other side on the deck, tighten with pliers again, insert other neg leads, then tighten and heat pulse and pinch coil with tweezers or pliers.

Hope this helps

Hey iheartvape...that's very tidy looking. How many wraps is that and what size bit was it coiled onto? Can you post a pic sometime without the cotton? I would love to see how you worked the legs. Also how is the flavor and vapor production with this build? I've always been interested in trying a dual coil on my 91%.

I will take some pics of how I did it with another set of coils. It's actually a 12/13 wrap. The flavor is pretty good. Vapor production to me seems about the same. I built this so I could test out higher wattage settings. I don't get a burnt taste with this set up at 15 watts as I did with the single coil.

okay so i have new build haven't seen anyone mixing these to much but i like the flavor and throat hit i get.

Its a dual coil (technically) but its really 3 coils, so Tricoil?

Started with a single parallel 4 wraps.
added a single coil at 5 wraps.

Ohms out to about .7-.8

it has some decent cloud production but flavor is good.

I name thee Astro Wolf.