Are we vaping or satisfying a sweet tooth:

Ricketts

A new study in the medical journal, The Lancet, revealed that E-Cigs work just as well as nicotine patches in helping people to quit smoking, Of those assigned to the e-cig with nicotine, 7.3 percent had abstained from smoking during the entire trial period. Of those assigned to nicotine patches, 5.8 percent had also abstained, and a little more than 4 percent of those assigned to the placebo e-cigs abstained. After smoking for 70 years, Ive now been using the E-Cig for one year with, surprisingly, no difficulty eliminating analogs. I still have two unopened cartons on hand with no desire to use them. My personal opinion why so many have difficulty in eliminating analogs is due to vaping the plethora of flavored juices. I never smoked strawberry or butter scotch Marlboros before, so why smoke these flavors now? Vaping only tobacco flavored juice, I receive not only the nicotine to satisfy the addiction but the taste of the analog, so closely resembling the analog, I doubt Id know the difference.

I'm still getting my nicotine, but I don't vape tobacco flavors anymore, don't care for it any longer. I doubt I ever did like the taste of a cigarette, they are quite nasty. But I did vape tobacco at first because I thought I needed that, and realized later there were better options for me.

Edited by wizard46304

At first I tried the tobacco flavored juice, but it kept me going right back to analogs. Once I tried the fruity flavors, I never wanted to taste tobacco again. I had never liked menthol, and never even tried the flavored analogs. I was a bold full flavor type of smoker. So, for me, the authentic tastes of the non tobacco flavors is what really helped me to switch over. Different strokes for different folks, as each persons palettes differ.

Great job on kicking the analogs! :applause: :)

I loved Cubano cigars. And pipes. The nic levels in the Cubans was amazing and addictive. Then add the myriad of evil crap that was killing me in parts. Now I notice that my tatstes are changing. The things I used to like is changing also.

Now the smell of a cigar sickens me. The odor of pipe tobacco isnt pleasant like it was. Tobacco flavored juices just taste vile to me now.

I have no idea what I will be like in a year. Butterscotch might be tasty then to me. I bet tobacco will still repulse me tho. I have not had a single cigar or pipe load since E-cig day. I breathe better now.

Okay, the first week after I started vaping, I finished up what cigarettes I had left on hand (with the addition of a pack or two due to a death in the family). But it took essentially, ten days to get through what should have been four days worth of analogs. By the time I was halfway done with the analogs on hand, I would take hits off my PV because it tasted better. I was using a flavored tobacco flavor (tobacco plus other flavorings), and it tasted better than just light tobacco did. Yeah, I've had a couple slip ups - both I pretty much knew would happen, and the last one, I think the only reason I didn't pitch the analog after I lit it and tasted "just tobacco" is that it was menthol,and my brain registered it as a "flavor" - though I can't stand menthol flavored juices, or menthol tobacco flavored juices - like, the last slip up I had was when my mom was in the hospital, in danger of losing her leg (this was on August 14), I had a couple of my sister's Kool's (not even lights, which I used to smoke, so my head kinda buzzed when I had an analog) when we were on the way to see her at the hospital an hour away. But I've tried a couple different samples of juices based on Kool's analogs, and I can't stand them.

IMO, I think the flavors are there to get us - even if we start out on a tobacco flavor (that usually aren't "just" tobacco flavored), it's to ensure that our mind equates vaping with tasting better. Not the faux analogs like Blu that essentially imitate a full flavor, light, or menthol flavor, but the actual juices we buy for the PV's. I have three tobacco flavors now, and um, several non-tobacco flavors, and at least the last week, I've only been able to vape ONE of the flavored tobaccos - the first one we started out with, with an extra flavor shot. (BTW, if you were smoking Marlboros, for many years you WERE smoking a light amount of chocolate. My friends thought I was nuts that I could sometimes taste chocolate when smoking Marlboros, but I looked it up, and up until the ban on flavorings other than menthols, Marlboro put a bit of cocoa in their analogs.)

And props to you for two MAJOR things. First off, if you smoked for seventy years, and are still here, the fact that you haven't succumbed to any of the major death traps involved with analogs is a BIG good on you moment, and your body started to recover the minute you put your last one out. Secondly, BIG CONGRATS, like Christie said, on quitting analogs after SEVENTY years, and still being "clean" a year later!

Edit: BTW, yeah, I'm satisfying a sweet tooth with some of what I vape - like chocolate banana.

Edited by spydre

Edit:  BTW, yeah, I'm satisfying a sweet tooth with some of what I vape - like chocolate banana.

That stuff better be good, I ordered some because you have been talking about it so much. J/k I would have tried it eventually.

My wife who never smoked analogs, Vapes zero nic fruits after dinner to help curb the cookie monster. And it's working!!!!

I am surprised you got her to try it.

Did the vape affect her at the start? I remember the first few days i started vaping it was a super harsh hit that would overpower me sometimes.

Then i realized i should smoke it like a analog and not like a um well you know.

I am surprised you got her to try it.

Did the vape affect her at the start? I remember the first few days i started vaping it was a super harsh hit that would overpower me sometimes.

Then i realized i should smoke it like a analog and not like a um well you know.

SHe came downstairs one night and asked if I was ready for our usual bowl of tiramisu ice cream and cookies. I was puffing on some mint chocolate chip and after a big dinner I said no thanks I'll just have this. So she tried it Zero nic has less TH, and she is used to vaporizing other stuff. I told her start easy and she got the hang of it. Right this very minute she's vaping some Pineapple Express.........liquid from J Vapes, if you like pineapple, you'll love this juice, my new ADV, until cocktail time, as it jacks up my Johnny Walker on the rocks. So I'm puffin my Brandy...

Sorry I had a a ___________member moment......

That stuff better be good, I ordered some because you have been talking about it so much. J/k I would have tried it eventually.

The right setting is really important on me for this flavor. I mean, I can push 6 watts through it without burning it, but it looses flavor to me, so I keep at 5 or 5.5 watts and it shines. My best friends mom used to make chocolate covered bananas, then would keep them refrigerated until they were eaten, and they tasted exactly like this. Maybe that's why I dreamed of her last night, lol.

If it satisfied my sweet tooth i'd be able to get rid of the donuts/candy/cookies hanging out in my kitchen!

You know, sometimes it does keep my sweet tooth at bay....but if I'm vaping chocolate (and I'm an admitted real food chocoholic, seriously, had 20 pounds of chocolate on me weight wise at one point), I crave edible chocolate more. Or maybe it's the more frequently I EAT chocolate, the more I crave it.....

SHe came downstairs one night and asked if I was ready for our usual bowl of tiramisu ice cream and cookies. I was puffing on some mint chocolate chip and after a big dinner I said no thanks I'll just have this. So she tried it Zero nic has less TH, and she is used to vaporizing other stuff. I told her start easy and she got the hang of it. Right this very minute she's vaping some Pineapple Express.........liquid from J Vapes, if you like pineapple, you'll love this juice, my new ADV, until cocktail time, as it jacks up my Johnny Walker on the rocks. So I'm puffin my Brandy...

Sorry I had a a ___________member moment......

Vaporizing.....other stuff?

Right this very minute she's vaping some Pineapple Express.........liquid from J Vapes, if you like pineapple, you'll love this juice, my new ADV,..

I just tried this juice this weekend. Most amazing pineapple taste. Awesome juice