Those are the CC models? I am having a hard time telling the T2's and T3 apart and all their different designations. S model, CC models, huh?

CC = Changeable Coils

The T2s have the coils on top while the T3s are bottom feeders (coils are on the bottom). :)

Yesterday I had my first burnt taste with a VivaNova. Been vaping on this one, off and on, for a few months now. What an awful surprise that was. Talk about nasty! Wait for it... wait....

I understand the BCC's gurgle at certain levels, and the levels differ with the different liquid mixes. But other than that, no burnt happenings have been reported (that I've seen).

Interesting thread... had to see for myself. :) In the pics below, the EVOD coil is on the left and the KPT is on the right. The base is the same, but the top part is a little different. On the KPT, the stem is longer and the air hole is larger. One thing I didn't like about the KPT is the airy draw. I'm now using the EVOD coil in the KPT and the draw is MUCH MUCH better! I had heard the EVOD coil would work in the KPT, but I hadn't actually tried it until now. Thanks for the great info! :)

Sorry for the crappy photography! LOL!

EVOD-KPT1_zpsd72ff034.jpg

EVOD-KPT2_zps6a38e0b3.jpg

Fixed it for ya Brian.

(I didn't even notice until you mentioned the error in a later post). :)

Nice comparison, makes it easy to see and grasp. Thanks Brian!

CC = Changeable Coils

The T2s have the coils on top while the T3s are bottom feeders (coils are on the bottom). :)

Thanks Tam. Then why wouldnt I rather have a bottom coil then the top? My Halo top coil mini tank gives a hot vape or pepper taste if it gets to about halfway down the tank level. Not good. I have to keep tipping the tank to keep the wick happy.

It appears a T3 is a better vape than a T2, yes? And maybe a KPT with an evod coil is the best? None of this fits the Halo system so I am getting an innokin VV/VW if it ever gets here. I do *not* recommend FastTech for a vendor!

It strikes me that when we are jonesing for nic from our smokes that we have quit it isnt really a great time to climb a steep learning curve to get comfy with all this! I tried the drat gum. I found that I missed the smoking experience and the plumes of cigar smoke.

The vape takes care of most of that. My new juices should be here Monday. I am still steeping the nasties I have. They are starting to smell better so maybe that is a good sign.

All the different delivery systems for the batteries are a matter of personal preference, which is why we tend to have so many different ones to try to find the "perfect vape". What works for one doesn't work well for another, just like juices: what tastes great to one person will taste like smelly socks to another. The only thing I can tell you is to try different clearomizers until you find one that works for you.

In my experience the bottom feeders work better for me, with the exception of my T2s. I'm in love with these with the short wick but I don't think short wicks are available anymore. Good thing I bought nearly all of Brian's stock at The Veteran Vaper when he still had them. Lol!

Several forum members here love the T2 with the longer wicks and swear by them. I'm looking at you bcartervol98. :lol:

Aaaaaand I just noticed that my MT3 that has juice in it is leaking but that's also a good clearomizer to use. I just left it sitting too long is all.

Half the fun of vaping is trying new stuff. We here at Vapor Talk are very good about helping you spend money on all kinds of new toys. Join the club and start trying the current "new and improved" gadgets, it's still cheaper than smoking cigarettes. :D

I havent quite found the fun yet Tam. Im still worrying about the nic you know? Will I be able to do this, will it work, and what will people say if they see me with some contraption.

The Halo G6 looks just like a cig except mine is all black with a button on the side.

Oh and a blue led on the end. The mini tank looks like a mini T2 with top coils. It is considered disposable as you cannot replace anything on it. use for a while, clean, then toss. It's Ok I guess.

My main issue now is finding juice I can like or tolerate.

I ordered an innokin iTaste VV/VW 800mah system with 5 Clear 16's. Those will be better than what I have now. That also means I can upgrade to all the nifty stuff you guys talk me into! I might like to try the T2 or T3.

I was obsessive about my pipes and cigars and so I will probably be so about the e-vaping also. I will call it a hobby I guess!

I do appreciate all of the help you give me and all the support that a newly stopped smoker needs.

I caught a whiff of a cigar in the parking lot at my grocery store and it was nasty to me. That is good I think. I do breath better already.

I do appreciate all of the help you give me and all the support that a newly stopped smoker needs.

I caught a whiff of a cigar in the parking lot at my grocery store and it was nasty to me. That is good I think. I do breath better already.

Amen, could not of said it better myself.

I havent quite found the fun yet Tam. Im still worrying about the nic you know? Will I be able to do this, will it work, and what will people say if they see me with some contraption.

My main issue now is finding juice I can like or tolerate.

I ordered an innokin iTaste VV/VW 800mah system with 5 Clear 16's. Those will be better than what I have now. That also means I can upgrade to all the nifty stuff you guys talk me into! I might like to try the T2 or T3.

The T2s mute the flavors of my juices much less than others I've found. Still, ever since Kitsune got me started on direct dripping that's my main delivery system. If it wasn't for her and others' help on this forum I might've not made it past the learning curve.

What mg of nicotine are you getting? That might also affect how you get on with vaping.

The T2s mute the flavors of my juices much less than others I've found. Still, ever since Kitsune got me started on direct dripping that's my main delivery system. If it wasn't for her and others' help on this forum I might've not made it past the learning curve.

What mg of nicotine are you getting? That might also affect how you get on with vaping.

I am at 12mg and am wondering if I should be at 18. Im a bit jittery and am finding some changes in my bathrooms. I might be detoxing from too light nic percentage.

I dont really understand the dripping thing. It looks like it would use different equipment and looks messy. I know what you mean about muted flavors tho. The small carts I use with the fiber(?) inserts do mute the juice a bit. The mini tank (halo G6) are much better. I can only dream what a larger tank will be like. The iClear 16's are twice as big as the Halo mini's.

12 mg is loosely considered to be the equivalent to a light, while 24 mg is more like the full flavored. When I smoked it was Marlboro Lights but started with 24 mg juice until I got completely off the cigs. Then, I went down to 12 mg. These days I have anything from 0 - 24 mg. The 6 and 12 mg is what sees the most use, but when I can't vape as often I use the 24 to get a quick hit and then go on.

Your body's going through a lot of changes right now, detoxing from all the carcinogens that you used to take in from the analogs so you're going to see a few unpleasant things. Make sure to drink plenty of water as vaping dehydrates you. Give it a couple of months to fully adjust. You're on the right track! :D

Direct dripping gives you the most pure flavor of the juice you can get but it does have a pretty good learning curve. I'd stick with clearomizers for now until you get the hang of things. Then, when you get settled down, you can try direct dripping. It'll open up a whole new avenue, but learning to walk before trying to run is good. :yes

Sheep.

I still have a couple iClear 16s and they perform well. I'll keep them until I run out of coils or I sit accidently sit on them. (Yeah don't ask). I found they leaked a little bit if you tip them so I kept them topped off but thats the only issue I had with them. Well, i would get a dry hit from them if I was really vaping full steam ahead.

The T2, I have found gives slightly better vape, slightly better draw and flavor but Im pretty sure it wicks faster than the iClear. And it doesnt leak even if i carry it upside down in my pocket.

I bought 1 T3. (Not the MT3) and it leaked. And I tried to do alk kinds of stuff to fix it. I probably got a bad one. Plus I did not like my top heavy rig so I abandoned it.

So I'm happy with the T2 for now

That's just my experience.

I went from smaller cigars at probably 12 to 18mg all the way to cubanos at way over 24mg I am sure. If you didnt have something to eat with them you would get sick. Fortunately I didnt get so many of those.

Pipe tobacco I have no clue as they dont usually grade them by nic ratings. The next juices I get I will get 18mg probably. Thanks Tam.

And Bebop12, I will try a T2 of course. The sky is Ceiling And Visibility Unlimited for me! (CAVU- old Air Force term)

Lol, im a pilot.

Did you inhale cigars? I think i tried that once....once

Was their any other way? LOL yep. An old Msgt load crew leader gave me my first Cubano and said that if I was going to get his best cigar I was going to smoke it right. I think the thing was like 45mg or more! I got woozy and threw up but after everyone laughed it up I was part of the gang.

I bought 1 T3. (Not the MT3) and it leaked. And I tried to do alk kinds of stuff to fix it. I probably got a bad one. Plus I did not like my top heavy rig so I abandoned it.

All of my T3s, MT3s and EVODs flood and leak (both through the tip and down the center post). I haven't found a solution that really fix the problem. But, when they work, they are better than Vivi Nova in term of flavor and vapor production (TH too, but I don't care much about it now). In general, I haven't had any bottom coil system that doesn't flood and leak. So, I put the KPT on hold and bought another Artemas DCT in stead.

Was their any other way? LOL yep. An old Msgt load crew leader gave me my first Cubano and said that if I was going to get his best cigar I was going to smoke it right. I think the thing was like 45mg or more! I got woozy and threw up but after everyone laughed it up I was part of the gang.

Glad I wasn't there, lol. All I remember...thought I was gonna die! I don't think I smoked for a week....

Back to the original topic :)

My kpt came in today, first impressions are that the airy draw isn't that bad because it produces tons of vapor and flavor. I am used to a tighter draw but I will adjust. Will give a better personal opinion after I break it in and go through a few tanks of various flavors.

You may already know this but that beauty ring that comes with it can be used to adjust airflow if you're using a device that will allow you to use it, like a twist or similar device. An ego extender will allow you to use it on apv's where you otherwise can't. Personally I don't feel the need for it but we all know how preferences go.

You may already know this but that beauty ring that comes with it can be used to adjust airflow if you're using a device that will allow you to use it, like a twist or similar device. An ego extender will allow you to use it on apv's where you otherwise can't. Personally I don't feel the need for it but we all know how preferences go.

On my twist the collar will not move at all. So I can't loosen or tighten the draw. :(

All the different delivery systems for the batteries are a matter of personal preference, which is why we tend to have so many different ones to try to find the "perfect vape". What works for one doesn't work well for another, just like juices: what tastes great to one person will taste like smelly socks to another. The only thing I can tell you is to try different clearomizers until you find one that works for you.

And this thread is a perfect example of what Tameiki said. I'm trying desperately to like the Protank, but it just doesn't do it for me. LOL! I think it works okay, but I still prefer the EVOD or the T2 or the Vivi Nova. I don't like the metal mouth piece and even with the EVOD coil in it, I still find it a little airy. It works okay, but it's not for me... not for every day use. One disadvantage I found with bottom coils is that you can't crank up the voltage, but I've adjusted and find that 4.1v on any 1.8ohm coils works good for me. However, with the Vivi Nova I have the options to crank it up to 10 watts and vape away! Can't do that with the bottom coils.