need help making ejuice

i picked up 4 oz flavor concentrate and was wondering what blend of vg/pg i should use. i have a vmesh x1 mod with a horizon tech arctic v12. i know i need a thicker juice but i don't know what vg/pg percentage blend to get as well as how much flavor concentrate to use. can someone please help me out. i decide to start making my own juice because with the setup i have it sucks down juice really fas and it's starting to get expensive having to keep buying more juice.

How much flavor depends on the flavor, some flavors need a higher % of flavor, some need less.

My normal flavor percentage is 20%, but with a coffee flavor I only add 5%, and cinnamon I usually only add 3% at the most.

The PG/VG ratio depends on what you use it in, in my subtank minis I use 30PG/70VG in my dripper I use 20PG/80VG.

On 1/13/2017 at 10:31 PM, chrismeiring said:

i picked up 4 oz flavor concentrate and was wondering what blend of vg/pg i should use. i have a vmesh x1 mod with a horizon tech arctic v12. i know i need a thicker juice but i don't know what vg/pg percentage blend to get as well as how much flavor concentrate to use. can someone please help me out. i decide to start making my own juice because with the setup i have it sucks down juice really fas and it's starting to get expensive having to keep buying more juice.

What VG/PG ratio were you using when you bought your juice? Did you like that ratio? If so I would start there

9 hours ago, cany said:

What VG/PG ratio were you using when you bought your juice? Did you like that ratio? If so I would start there

it was 70/30 vg/pg but i was still getting leakage in my arctic v12 so i want to go a bit higher in vg. i ordered a mix of 80vg/20pg off of a website. and the concentrate is max pg.

Edited by chrismeiring

1 hour ago, chrismeiring said:

it was 70/30 vg/pg but i was still getting leakage in my arctic v12 so i want to go a bit higher in vg. i ordered a mix of 80vg/20pg off of a website. and the concentrate is max pg.

The vg/pg ratio might help with the leaking issues, but it's likely something other than the liquid that is causing it.

Just now, Adversarious1 said:

The vg/pg ratio might help with the leaking issues, but it's likely something other than the liquid that is causing it.

yeah i brought into the local vape shop and asked. i made sure everything was screwed in tight. i think it is the lack of vg.

If you go with 20% flavor, the best ratio you'll get is 20/80 PG/VG in your mix, and that is assuming you'll be using any Nicotine (in VG base).  For your mix, I would start with a small batch (10ml) at 10% (1ml) flavor and 90% (9ml) VG (and whatever Nicotine if you are using it).  If the flavor isn't there for you, you can bump it up to 15% or 20%, but be aware  as you increase PG (flavor) you'll decrease your VG in the ratio.  Another solution to weak flavor would be to try a different brand of flavoring.  Some brands are more concentrated, some are sweeter, etc.... so you have to use a bit of trial and error to find what suits you best.

One thing I've also learned is what tastes great in one tank won't taste the same in others... so I do mix some flavors specifically for use in a certain tank, because I know the flavor will be optimized for the tank/coil combo I'm using.  So, what I'm saying is if it doesn't taste like you expect in your Arctic V12, you may try a different tank/coil combo and just "see" how you like or dislike it there?

1 hour ago, Earthling789 said:

If you go with 20% flavor, the best ratio you'll get is 20/80 PG/VG in your mix, and that is assuming you'll be using any Nicotine (in VG base).  For your mix, I would start with a small batch (10ml) at 10% (1ml) flavor and 90% (9ml) VG (and whatever Nicotine if you are using it).  If the flavor isn't there for you, you can bump it up to 15% or 20%, but be aware  as you increase PG (flavor) you'll decrease your VG in the ratio.  Another solution to weak flavor would be to try a different brand of flavoring.  Some brands are more concentrated, some are sweeter, etc.... so you have to use a bit of trial and error to find what suits you best.

One thing I've also learned is what tastes great in one tank won't taste the same in others... so I do mix some flavors specifically for use in a certain tank, because I know the flavor will be optimized for the tank/coil combo I'm using.  So, what I'm saying is if it doesn't taste like you expect in your Arctic V12, you may try a different tank/coil combo and just "see" how you like or dislike it there?

okay thanks for your input i will give it  a try.

@Earthling789Not to derail this thread - and maybe we should start another one - but that phenomenon of juice tasting different in different tanks is something I haven't quite figured out yet.  I've noticed it too. And you get those differences in sometines seemingly similar set ups or tanks.  It goes to show how the subtlest of differences can mean the difference between blah and complete satisfaction.  I'm still puzzled by why it can be so different.  

If I understand right you are using a 30PG/70VG base, if that is the case then when you add flavor which is PG based with no VG at all in it you increase the PG ratio.

When you add 20% flavor to a 30PG/70VG base you will end up with about a 44PG/56VG mix. To get max VG you need to start with a 100% VG base, then when you add 20% flavor you will end up with a 20PG/80VG mix.

3 minutes ago, Bebop said:

@Earthling789Not to derail this thread - and maybe we should start another one - but that phenomenon of juice tasting different in different tanks is something I haven't quite figured out yet.  I've noticed it too. And you get those differences in sometines seemingly similar set ups or tanks.  It goes to show how the subtlest of differences can mean the difference between blah and complete satisfaction.  I'm still puzzled by why it can be so different.  

I thought it was just me lol My Herakles Plus does not give as good of flavor as my subtank Mini

In my opinion which isn't right most of the time, it has to do with coil, and airflow, airflow across the coil is very important. The tank itself is just something to hold the juice, of course chimney length probably is a factor too.

Whether the coil is horizontal or vertical could be a factor too.

Wicking could be a factor too, personally I think Rayon gives a better flavor than cotton, but that's just my opinion too. 

What's interesting to me is that we know what factors contribute to a successful coil.  As Rich has mentioned the key points - Airflow, coil position, and wicking.  But that it seems to differ between tanks is a bit of a mystery to me.  All coils operate on the same basic principles. But it seems funny that the tiny difference in airflow between tanks, or the length of a chimney, or that the coil sits a tiny bit further from the air source in one tank or another vs the other makes enough difference to be able to perceive that difference is kind of amazing.  

Back in the day, there wasn't much difference in flavor with different tanks... not like today where it can be worlds apart. Other than the difference between clearomizers and direct drip atomizers, there wasn't much to talk about.  :) 

• 2 weeks later...