Sup Folks, what tank are you using?

Whhhat's up Vapor Talkers 

The founder needs some schooling. I'm feeling like an upgrade. I'm using the Nautilus Tank and I could sit here and open boxes all day, or I can see what the rest of you are using. I took a hit off the Cleito this afternoon my sister in law was using, not bad! (I hate the wide bore tips though) Once I burn through some of these BVC coils, I'm going to jump ship to another daily driver. I love my Nautilus, (I almost never get a dry hit from it) but eh... I just feel it's not pumping out as much vapor as it could/should. (Anything passed 12w and it gets a bit burnt) 

I was sitting in traffic on the 15 today watching some dude ripping clouds. I thought, I run a huge forum and I'm hitting my 40w with a natti :lol: Time to step it up and shop my own store. 

So, what are you all rocking (Coil based) Humbly awaiting your advice 

I was sitting in traffic on the 15 today watching some dude ripping clouds. I thought, I run a huge forum and I'm hitting my 40w with a natti[emoji38]Time to step it up and shop my own store. 

So, what are you all rocking (Coil based) Humbly awaiting your advice 

You saw some dude ripping huge clouds on the 15? That could have been me! [emoji33]

Seriously though, I'm loving both of my Fuchai 213s with the Cloud Beasts and Baby Beasts. They have wide bore tips, (the cloud beast is wider than the baby beast) but the baby beast is a standard 510 drip tip so it can easily be swapped and the cloud beast comes with a 510 drip tip adapter. Low ohm/high wattage tanks, but that doesn't necessarily mean a hot vape, which I'm sure you already know.

The coils are a little pricey compared to some of the others, but I'm approaching a month on the original coils in both of my cloud beasts and two weeks on both baby beasts. I have run a boatload of juice through all 4 tanks and the original coils are still running like champs.

Sent from my heart using the Vapor Talk App. OK...OK...I'm kidding. I have no heart. But I did use the Vapor Talk Mobile App.

2 minutes ago, Tam said:

Just like we ask anyone else who asks for a rec, Chris... Do you want more flavor or more vapor? Do you want sub-ohm, temperature control, RBA... ?

Inquiring minds wanna know.  :D 

hmm can't we just have both :lol: I suppose if I had to choose... flavor probably. Believe it or not I've never actually given the temp control a go so to me it's an unknown (though plenty of the VT staff on the east coast use temp control coils/devices) I def don't want to deal with rebuilding as I'm usually to busy/lazy to deal with it. I'd rather screw on a coil and go. 

3 minutes ago, Adversarious1 said:

You saw some dude ripping huge clouds on the 15? That could have been me! emoji33.png

Seriously though, I'm loving both of my Fuchai 213s with the Cloud Beasts and Baby Beasts. They have wide bore tips, (the cloud beast is wider than the baby beast) but the baby beast is a standard 510 Drip Tip so it can easily be swapped and the cloud beast comes with a 510 Drip Tip adapter. Low ohm/high wattage tanks, but that doesn't necessarily mean a hot vape, which I'm sure you already know.

The coils are a little pricey compared to some of the others, but I'm approaching a month on the original coils in both of my cloud beasts and two weeks on both baby beasts. I have run a boatload of juice through all 4 tanks and the original coils are still running like champs.

Sent from my heart using the Vapor Talk App. OK...OK...I'm kidding. I have no heart. But I did use the Vapor Talk Mobile App.

It might have been lol 

I was thinking about the TFV8 series as it's pretty popular through our store. But I like the idea of keeping my 510 tips (I actually like the stock tip that comes with the Nautilus though I'm using a Wood Drip Tip at the moment) The only down side to the baby beast is the low capacity. 

FYI Hardware wise I'm using an iStick 40w. Good size, though a bit small for my larger hands. (I could easily grasp two of these things) My wife is using a Pico Mega (not to derail) but I'm not a fan of the button placement.  

I've used a few RBA"s and I hate the amount of heat that comes through them 

hmm can't we just have both[emoji38]I suppose if I had to choose... flavor probably. Believe it or not I've never actually given the temp control a go so to me it's an unknown (though plenty of the VT staff on the east coast use temp control coils/devices) I def don't want to deal with rebuilding as I'm usually to busy/lazy to deal with it. I'd rather screw on a coil and go. 

That's the beauty of TC these days. There are a ton of "screw on the coil and go" options in nickel and SS out there now.

And if you want flavor, watch my review of the baby beast again. AWESOME flavor. AWESOME clouds. The best of both worlds [emoji6]

I tried TC, but really didn't notice a difference from VV/VW once they are set right for the tank/coil/juice combo. IMHO TC is ok, but not needed if you understand how to set your mod.  We all have been there, bump up from low until a slight burnt taste then back off a bit. One thing I did like about TC was when chain vaping you don't get the occasional dry hit. Only time I get those any more is using 70VG or higher juices in the subtanks, as the thicker juices don't wick as well as a 50/50 juice. I am a working stiff relegated by works rules to only vape on breaks. And yes if you up the watts, and have a TC mod you can see the display on while vaping, you will see the watts drop when you hit the temp limit. Basically depending on the TC mod you are using setting the watts will only change the ramp up time. Your Istick 40 can only set the temp in TC mode, I have one, I also have an IPV4s. The 4s is way better in TC than the Istick 40 IMO.

That being said, when at work I use a Nautilus mini tank on a VV/VW mod with 50/50 juice, just so I don't produce a ton of vapor, because I break the rules a bit. I find a nice quiet corner and vape indoors away from the smokers area where I am supposed to vape (Never realized how much cigs stink until I started vaping). I currently have a Smoant Knight, a Kangside luxury box and an Athena envy Plus for work. I also have a VTR, but it's on the fritz and haven't had time to T/S the prob. They are compact and easy to slide in my pocket. I recently started using a subtank mini in the Envy with a 1.2 ohm coil and the 50/50 juice, and it is working well. I also have a Tesla Stealth, that is basically an old e-go batt in another form factor. I only got it because of the submerged tank design and the description said "100 watts". It's limited to 100 watts and not adjustable at all.

When I don't have to worry about some clouds I like the subtank with a .5 ohm coil (I have 5 minis and a Plus) and 60vg/40vg to 70/30 juice, good balance of flavor and clouds. Or my favorite, except for the fact it's a juice hog, my Freemax Starre with a .25 ohm coil and the thicker juices, awesome flavor and good clouds for the visual "need" I seem to have left over from smoking. I would try one of the "Beasts", but burning through the juice like has been reported, I would go broke.

As it has been said many times by many members here, "What works for one person may not work for you." I say if the Nautilus is keeping you off cigs and happy stick with it. If you want some bigger clouds, time to look for another tank, the nautilus is a great tank for flavor, but lacks in cloud production. I am sure there will be others with tank recommendations.

Chris... I've gone from cigalikes to eGos with KPT3 mins... to KPT2 to Aerotanks... box mods like the MVP 2.0, mechanicals, micro boxes, high power, TC... big tanks, small tanks, sub-ohm... you name it... and I must say, I prefer my Kanger Subtank minis with 1.2 Ohm coils... flavor is great and vapor is respectable (but not room filling like my RDA's were).  So, if you're looking for flavor, I'd give a ST mini a try!

As for mods... I LOVE my Wismec Presa 75WTC (and the 100WTC is slightly bigger if you want more grip).  The Wismec RX200s is a bit bulky, but I can go 3 days or more without swapping batteries... but I rarely go above 20W, with 16-17W being my average for my ADV.

I've tried TC... and it's better with SS coils (flavor-wise)... Ni200 coils just taste funny to me, even after they're broken-in, and they don't seem to last as long as SS (in TC mode) or Kanthal/Nichrome in Wattage-mode.  Yes, TC seems hard to master... but you set the temp low, just like you would for Wattage and slowly go up to find your sweet-spot... upping the Wattage only speeds up the ramp-up time to hit the temp, but if Watts are too low, you'll never hit your temperature limit, and if your Watts are too high, the screen goes nuts as it pulses power off/on to prevent over-kill of Wattage-to-temp, so you do have to play a balancing game.

These days my daily rigs are Wismec Presa 75W with Subtank mini, Cloupor Mini-plus with Subtank mini, Kanger 50W subbox kit (subtank mini), RX200s with Subtank mini, Subvod 1300mAh (or Cloupor mini) with Subtank Nano or Aerotank2 (used when riding my motorcycle or working in the yard/garage), and lastly my beloved Russian 91% mounted on a Cloupor mini or IPV mini.  My coil choice is 1.2 Ohm (horizontal) for the subtanks, and 1.2 or 1.5 Ohm BDC for the Aerotanks... and I build my Russians to hit 1.2 or 1.4 Ohm as well.  All of these rigs produce great flavor and enough vapor to know I'm getting a fulfilling mouth/lung-full, and can easily require cracking the window in my car/truck so I can see to drive :)  I have plenty of other tanks and mods, but those are my daily-drivers.... and yes, I also use smaller-bore drip-tips... like the (bore) size of the Kayfun V4...

My fiance' rotates two Nautilus (1.6 Ohm coil) and a Triton (1.8 Ohm coil) on her mods (Wismec Presa 40W, Sigelei 50W, and Cloupor mini)... and she has a major preference to the Nautilus (she'd kill me in my sleep if I took them away from her, lol)!  She only uses the Triton in the house, and she's not fond of my subtank minis :(  She also has an eGo 1100mAh with a KPT3 mini (filled with chocolate mint) in the bathroom, which she vapes every morning while getting ready for work, lol

10 hours ago, Christopher said:

I'd normally call the store for this, but fak it. Time to really humble up lol 

How the hell does temp control work? I mean, if you lower the temp but up the watts aren't you sort of fighting one against the other? 

Short explanation based on how my Fuchai 213 works.  (My only other temp control mod is the iPV 4 and I stopped using it in TC a while back.)

The watt setting basically controls how fast your coil ramps up to the preferred temp.  Once whatever TC capable coil you are using reaches the desired temp, it will pulse to maintain that temp.  I still primarily vape in VV/VW setting, but there are a few juices I really like in TC mode.  Basically, I can set the wattage a little higher to get to that desired temp a little faster.  The Fuchais also have a sort of "burst mode" where you can set it to 100w, for example, for a fraction of a second, then it will drop back down to whatever your regular set wattage is and ramp up to temp.  Make sense?  I hope so, because I just confused the hell out of myself.

I also agree with @Earthling789in that flavor is better with SS coils than with Ni200.  I briefly tried Ti coils, but quickly went away from them.  

I'm not a cloud chaser, but the subtank mini can block my view of the TV, or the monitor. I use a RBA in my subtank minis, but in the Nanos that I use, I use a 1.2 horizontal coil, not quite the clouds as I get from the minis, but lots of flavor. One of these days I will have to try the 1.2 coil in a subtank mini. The nanos I use on a Subvod battery, or a 50w Kbox, I use the minis on Kanger TC mods with SS .5 coils. I have not tried Ni coils, but have tried Ti, the SS seems to give better flavor. I have never had a leaking problem with either the Subtank mini, or the Nano, except for user error, or leaving it in a hot car. I have not tried any subohm tanks besides the Kanger subtanks, I guess I'm satisfied with what I have and don't need to change.

Just my 2 cents worth.

@FXRich, Drop a 1.2 Ohm horizontal coil into the ST mini and you'll wonder why you're building coils, lol... I use them in my Nanos and Minis and the flavor is actually more pronounced in the Mini, probably because of the larger volume and longer tube?  Or, it could just be my imagination :)  I still use the RBA decks from time to time for the convenience of wick change and dry-burn... and I don't waste a factory coil, but since I now have over 200 of them in a box on the shelf, I don't worry about "coil maintenance" as much anymore... swap, prime, vape... lol

I do save the old heads, though... eventually I'll get around to rebuilding the 30 or so I have laying in the re-purposed ash-tray on my shelf :D

24 minutes ago, Earthling789 said:

@FXRich, Drop a 1.2 Ohm horizontal coil into the ST mini and you'll wonder why you're building coils, lol... I use them in my Nanos and Minis and the flavor is actually more pronounced in the Mini, probably because of the larger volume and longer tube?  Or, it could just be my imagination :)  I still use the RBA decks from time to time for the convenience of wick change and dry-burn... and I don't waste a factory coil, but since I now have over 200 of them in a box on the shelf, I don't worry about "coil maintenance" as much anymore... swap, prime, vape... lol

I do save the old heads, though... eventually I'll get around to rebuilding the 30 or so I have laying in the re-purposed ash-tray on my shelf :D

The main reason I use the RBA in the mini is for TC, a .5 SS coil works for me the best in TC. I suppose I could use the NiCr TC mode for the factory Nichrome coils, but I use Kanthal to rebuild the 1.2 horizontal coils, and I might get them mixed up.

2 hours ago, FXRich said:

The main reason I use the RBA in the mini is for TC, a .5 SS coil works for me the best in TC. I suppose I could use the NiCr TC mode for the factory Nichrome coils, but I use Kanthal to rebuild the 1.2 horizontal coils, and I might get them mixed up.

Could always change the o-ring colors for the ones you use kanthal on the rebuilds?

1 hour ago, Earthling789 said:

Could always change the o-ring colors for the ones you use kanthal on the rebuilds?

Could do that, but I think I'll stick to what I'm doing now. I use 4 wraps of 28g kanthal on a 3mm pin, and it comes out to 1.1 - 1.2 ohms. In watt mode it seems to work a little better than factory Nichrome coils, but that's just my opinion. One of the reasons I prefer to use TC is no dry hits, even when I chain vape, and coils last longer usually. Seems to me some juices vape better in TC, and others do better in watts. I currently use in rotation 6 minis, and 4 nanos, I could dedicate 1 of the minis to using watts instead of TC, (something I have thought about) Each of the minis have different color O-rings, so it wouldn't be hard to do.

Some awesome information to digest here! I apologise for not responding right away as today ended up being a long....long day. I'm going to read through each post in it's entreaty a respond individually as you all took the time to write out some lengthy, well thought out replies :) 

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 1:03 AM, Tam said:

Just like we ask anyone else who asks for a rec, Chris... Do you want more flavor or more vapor? Do you want sub-ohm, temperature control, RBA... ?

Inquiring minds wanna know.  :D 

OK Tam I know I am seriously behind times but would you please break down what all the initials stand for and what the difference is please? And since you know my likes so well which do you think I should invest in next? Thank you. And Christopher thank you for asking that question. Its a great way to see what is the best on the shelves right now.

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 1:04 AM, Adversarious1 said:

You saw some dude ripping huge clouds on the 15? That could have been me! emoji33.png

Seriously though, I'm loving both of my Fuchai 213s with the Cloud Beasts and Baby Beasts. They have wide bore tips, (the cloud beast is wider than the baby beast) but the baby beast is a standard 510 Drip Tip so it can easily be swapped and the cloud beast comes with a 510 Drip Tip adapter. Low ohm/high wattage tanks, but that doesn't necessarily mean a hot vape, which I'm sure you already know.

I've seen the wide Bore tips online but how do they vape differently then regular tips?

Well, my ol lady runs a cleito, and herakles, those both work well, solid flavor, decent vapor production, she runs a cuboid (good solid device, I have one too and they've been our primary rigs for awhile) we messed with tc as well and I threw good money after bad trying to make it work right, I found that just running VW was far more satisfying, isn't as much of a drain on batteries, (ramping up temp) and just overall better.

I've decided I'm apparently a closet cloud chaser. I don't buy things with clouds in mind, it's always flavor, but the things I seem to buy are the big producers. I have 2 triforce tanks and they are both great, coils seem a little short lived to me, but I average just under 2k puffs before I'm swapping them out. Flavor is excellent, and production is way up there. That being said, I just got the tfv8, the included 8 coil head was great for flavor and production, and lasted 1800 puffs, I swapped it out for the 4 coil head, and it didn't make it to 1k. (I had similar issues with tfv4 coil life, far too short) I picked up some 6 coil heads yesterday locally after getting a deal on them, so we'll see how far they go. I just put one in this morning. I have yet to try the rba, but I'm looking forward to that. HOWEVER this tank is impressive. Even with the short coil life, it's a crave killer, I get a somehow more satisfying vape off it than my triforces that I love. Triforces are more airy, tfv8 is more vapory if that makes sense.

Mod wise, you can't go wrong with any version of the rx200, if thats too big, and you're looking for something smaller, consider the rx 2/3 or cuboid, I've been extremely pleased with my cuboid, and it's taken some abuse with the 30mm tank on it and going to work with me daily. The rx 2/3 I just got has impressed me I do love the flexibility to make it more compact with 2 batteries if I want or when my married set of 3 are charging. Of course all these will do 200+ watts, although I can't figure why anyone would want to go that high, but at least there is plenty of headroom there.

I typically run in the 50-65 watt range with my triforces, and the tfv8 seems to be happy in the 60 up range, I've been finding myself landing on 80 watts the most, and it's far more pleasant than what I've experienced at 80 watts on any other tank.

Allllllll that being said, I did also just pick up a 30mm centurion rda. I love the added flavor you get off rda's but my luck with them hasn't been the best, I started with a clone, one of the posts started free spinning, then I got what was supposed to be an authentic velocity, but it freaking leaks like a siv. I stumbled into a decent deal on this centurion (which is waaaay overkill for me I'm sure) but I have hope, I'll be going by one of my local shops today to get the premade coils I bought put in correctly and I'll be dripping some black label vapor talk juice immediately after getting it going. Assuming the mail person doesn't find a way to lose it before it gets here. (big thanks Chris! It's currently out for delivery here local)

So um, yeah, theres my long rambly .02 :)

Edited by hicksvilleshick

36 minutes ago, Patricia said:

OK Tam I know I am seriously behind times but would you please break down what all the initials stand for and what the difference is please? And since you know my likes so well which do you think I should invest in next? Thank you. And Christopher thank you for asking that question. Its a great way to see what is the best on the shelves right now.

I've seen the wide Bore tips online but how do they vape differently then regular tips?

An RBA stands for Re-Buildable Atomizer. These tanks are for advanced users who build their own coils, also called RTA for Rebuildable Tank Atomizers.

I've already given an answer on a different thread when you asked this question. If you vape mouth to lung instead of direct to lung, you'll want a tank that better works with your vaping style. I'm vaping on an Aspire Triton 2 with 1.8 ohm coils and they work extremely well for me because I go mouth to lung (draw the vapor into my mouth first and then inhale).

Other members have given you very good recommendations as well with the Subtank (if you want to go sub ohm). Sub-ohm means that the resistance of your coil goes below 1.0 ohm like a 0.5 ohm or 0.2 ohm. The lower the number to the right of the decimal point, the hotter the vape. More often you'll want to increase the power being used from your mod so your charge won't last as long.

For example, I vape with a 1.8 ohm coil. My preference is flavor, but I also want to see a satisfying amount of vapor but don't like hot or even warm vapor when I vape. My iStick 80W TC (Temperature Control) is set to work in wattage mode and is set at around 9.7W when the coil is new. As you know, when a coil gets older, the resistance increases so I also increase the wattage, but I only go up to around 10.2W

With a sub-ohm coil, let's use a .02 ohm coil as an example, I've heard some members say they use this coil and have it up to 30W, 40W, 50W or more when in wattage mode. That will use up the charge in your battery faster than my 9.7W.

There's nothing wrong with a Protank or Aerotank, I still use these sometimes. You'll need to buy one tank, try it out to see if you like if. If you don't, buy a different tank and try again until you find something that works the way you want, then buy lots for back ups.  :) 

43 minutes ago, Patricia said:

It actually depends on the tip because in many instances, the term "wide bore" is a bit misleading.  Many of the wide bore tips are simply just 510 tips with a wider mouth end and the end that connects to the tank or RDA doesn't have a bore any wider than a normal tip.  The wide bore doesn't go all the way through the tip and my experience has been that they really don't vape any differently than a smaller diameter 510 tip.  With the 510 wide bore tips, the tightness of your draw may be a little looser because some of them do actually bore out the 510 portion of the tip so they are a little wider, but it is still going to be restricted because the inside diameter of the tip where it connects to the tank or RDA is roughly the same as a smaller tip. With those, it basically boils down to comfort level of the individual using the tip, sort of like the difference between smoking a cigarette and a cigar.  

Other wide bore tips are specifically designed for the RDA or the tank they go on, though, and the inside diameter is consistent from top to bottom.  For instance, the tips on Twisted Messes RDA  are almost 12mm inside diameter for the delrin tip and almost 14mm for the metal one.  That's all the way through.  That creates huge airflow and is really meant for cloud chasing and flavor is sometimes sacrificed with them.

It's just another one of those preference things.  I think I'm unique in that I really don't have a preference.  It depends on my mood as to how I am going to vape at any given time.  If you think a larger diameter tip may be more comfortable, then I encourage you to try.  If you like the smaller diameter of the smaller tips, stick with those.  If you want bigger clouds, then I encourage you to try a true wide bore tip.  

23 minutes ago, Tam said:

An RBA stands for Re-Buildable Atomizer. These tanks are for advanced users who build their own coils, also called RTA for Rebuildable Tank Atomizers.

I've already given an answer on a different thread when you asked this question. If you vape mouth to lung instead of direct to lung, you'll want a tank that better works with your vaping style. I'm vaping on an Aspire Triton 2 with 1.8 ohm coils and they work extremely well for me because I go mouth to lung (draw the vapor into my mouth first and then inhale).

Other members have given you very good recommendations as well with the Subtank (if you want to go sub ohm). Sub-ohm means that the resistance of your coil goes below 1.0 ohm like a 0.5 ohm or 0.2 ohm. The lower the number to the right of the decimal point, the hotter the vape. More often you'll want to increase the power being used from your mod so your charge won't last as long.

For example, I vape with a 1.8 ohm coil. My preference is flavor, but I also want to see a satisfying amount of vapor but don't like hot or even warm vapor when I vape. My istick 80W TC (Temperature Control) is set to work in wattage mode and is set at around 9.7W when the coil is new. As you know, when a coil gets older, the resistance increases so I also increase the wattage, but I only go up to around 10.2W

With a sub-ohm coil, let's use a .02 ohm coil as an example, I've heard some members say they use this coil and have it up to 30W, 40W, 50W or more when in wattage mode. That will use up the charge in your battery faster than my 9.7W.

There's nothing wrong with a Protank or Aerotank, I still use these sometimes. You'll need to buy one tank, try it out to see if you like if. If you don't, buy a different tank and try again until you find something that works the way you want, then buy lots for back ups.  :) 

Sorry Tam if it seems I'm asking the same questions repeatedly but I actually only asked you to explain what the initials you were using meant. I really enjoyed all of the discussion that this post brought out and just wanted to get into the discussion. Just because I did not decide to go with the Triton 2 that you suggested does not mean I don't respect your knowledge about all of this information. I have taken in all of the suggestions and discussion and until I have the money to actually buy the tanks and mods I want to continue to read posts and get in on the discussions so my money will be well spent and I know I have made the best informed decision I could have made. I apologize if this has made you angry with me.

46 minutes ago, Adversarious1 said:

It actually depends on the tip because in many instances, the term "wide bore" is a bit misleading.  Many of the wide bore tips are simply just 510 tips with a wider mouth end and the end that connects to the tank or RDA doesn't have a bore any wider than a normal tip.  The wide bore doesn't go all the way through the tip and my experience has been that they really don't vape any differently than a smaller diameter 510 tip.  With the 510 wide bore tips, the tightness of your draw may be a little looser because some of them do actually bore out the 510 portion of the tip so they are a little wider, but it is still going to be restricted because the inside diameter of the tip where it connects to the tank or RDA is roughly the same as a smaller tip. With those, it basically boils down to comfort level of the individual using the tip, sort of like the difference between smoking a cigarette and a cigar.  

Other wide bore tips are specifically designed for the RDA or the tank they go on, though, and the inside diameter is consistent from top to bottom.  For instance, the tips on Twisted Messes RDA  are almost 12mm inside diameter for the delrin tip and almost 14mm for the metal one.  That's all the way through.  That creates huge airflow and is really meant for cloud chasing and flavor is sometimes sacrificed with them.

It's just another one of those preference things.  I think I'm unique in that I really don't have a preference.  It depends on my mood as to how I am going to vape at any given time.  If you think a larger diameter tip may be more comfortable, then I encourage you to try.  If you like the smaller diameter of the smaller tips, stick with those.  If you want bigger clouds, then I encourage you to try a true wide bore tip.  

Both of my sub ohm tanks (the crown 2 and the iSub V) came with "wide bore" tips.  They are true 510 tips, but inner and outer diameter are much bigger - possibly twice as large as a Protank or similar drip tip opening.  It's not very comfortable to me, or maybe it would be if it were longer (except the Crown 2's drip tip because it's metal and gets very hot when using sub ohm coils or in TC mode) I would like it better, because mine are short, so my husband gave me a standard length, standard width delrin drip tip.

The wider tip is great if your purpose is to cloud chase every time, but I don't - normally I hit mouth to lung, and for me, it doesn't give me big clouds unless I lung hit, which, of course, I can still do if I choose - but I can make clouds, albeit smaller clouds @Christopher, without going sub ohm, as long as I lung hit ( @Patricia ).  I'm just not a cloud chaser - it reminds me of when my house was filled with smoke, and it bothers my son.

@Christopher I'm starting to really like my Crown 2.  I've got the leaking down (you have to be careful about how the coil sits) so it only leaks when the thing is practically horizontal if the air flow is open, and doesn't leak at all if the air flow is closed.  I've found, and I'm sorry, I don't think you carry this, the .25 SS coil to have better flavor than the .5 SS - the .5 is actually running down quicker than the .25, but it could be because at first, they were having trouble with the taste on the coils getting metallic quickly a few months ago, and I don't know how long this box has been sitting on the shelf - conceivably it was before they improved the coils.

My iSub that came with my Cool Fire I'm not getting a lot of taste out of, and I'm not sure if I just haven't found the right setting for that particular juice yet, or if it's the tank, or if it's even because my husband went from 50/50 to 70/30 mix on that flavor (it's his ADV, I just use it occasionally). 

1 hour ago, Patricia said:

Sorry Tam if it seems I'm asking the same questions repeatedly but I actually only asked you to explain what the initials you were using meant. I really enjoyed all of the discussion that this post brought out and just wanted to get into the discussion. Just because I did not decide to go with the Triton 2 that you suggested does not mean I don't respect your knowledge about all of this information. I have taken in all of the suggestions and discussion and until I have the money to actually buy the tanks and mods I want to continue to read posts and get in on the discussions so my money will be well spent and I know I have made the best informed decision I could have made. I apologize if this has made you angry with me.

No, you haven't made me angry. I just said that I answered the question in a different post just in case I might leave out some of the information I wrote on this post. That way, if you refer to both posts, you might get more information. Does that make sense? Sorry if it came out snippy, that wasn't my intent.

2 hours ago, Adversarious1 said:

It actually depends on the tip because in many instances, the term "wide bore" is a bit misleading.  Many of the wide bore tips are simply just 510 tips with a wider mouth end and the end that connects to the tank or RDA doesn't have a bore any wider than a normal tip.

I have tried many different tips, for awhile I was using a protank 2 drip tip on my Subtank minis, and they work just as well as the tip that came with the tank. I have a CNC lathe, and have made what I prefer to use for myself, a Delrin tip with a little larger hole through the base, and a diameter that's a little larger than a protank tip. It works for me. The only problem is I walked away from the machine with a full bar of Delrin in it, now I have several hundred that I can't find the right O-rings for.

Edited by FXRich