Part of the Working Class Again.

I have been kinda silent lately. I have taken on a new job, started a couple weeks ago actually. I'm now driving a cement truck during the summers. One like this...

bb7390678564deb393d82dc9cdb865bda93811d8

This is new to me, but I'm liking it. I did drive over the road for over 13 years though. Jobs are very hard to find in this area so I'm very glad to have it. The yard is only 2 1/2 miles from my house so that is huge plus as well. I live out in the sticks where the deer and bear roam. LOL Other than driving 35 miles one way to get to work, there just is not any thing in this area except bars and Mom and Pop convenience stores. I would much rather do this! :D Been training these last couple weeks and I get to do my first pour tomorrow. I'm a little nervous, but excited too. I'll still be doing e-liquid this is just to pick up the slack and keep us from having to sell the house. The e-liquid is just not enough to pay the bills.

Glad to hear you found something you enjoy, and hope it works out for you. in todays economy one income isn't enough for most people. Personally  I would rather be poor and live in the sticks than to be rich and live in a city, but that's me, and everyone has different priorities.

Glad to hear you are enjoying it!

I totally understand what you are talking about in this economy.  About 25% - 30% of our business is oilfield related, and with the oil prices, they are not buying anything they absolutely have to have.  One of my largest customers, an oilfield equipment manufacturer has closed 2 plants in my area.  We have lost a few employees lately and the owner isn't replacing them, just spreading the load between the current employees, and it makes it very tough on the rest of us, but we are still employed!  It is a good thing that I also enjoy my job, because it is all I get to do any more. ;)

That is one nice thing about this job, construction has picked up. This is a small outfit with 5 trucks very much a family business that treats you like family. I get to do more than just run loads too I'm helping work on the trucks and learning how to mix the load I'm carrying. It makes for a busy day and I like learning all parts of the business not just driving.