Does anyone use caffeine based e-liquids?

Hi all

I have heard that caffeine based e-liquids are a new thing! Caffeine vapers release 2 milligrams of caffeine per inhalation, which is less than your average cup of Americano, but all those inhalations add up to a considerable caffeine hit.

What does everything think? Will you try it to replace your morning coffee?

We've had this conversation before, and I believe most of us decided that we like our caffeine in a liquid form since we don't know what the effects vaping it would have. The long term effects of vaping is still unknown so why add something else that could possibly have negative health consequences?

Hi all

Caffeine vapers release 2 milligrams of caffeine per inhalation, 

where did you hear that? Do you have any testing or reports that show that? Can you link to a study on that?   Thanks

The average cup of coffee contains 150 - 300 mg of caffeine 

that's a LOT of hits off the ecig to amount to anything even if what you say is accurate....

I should add (just for fun) that's an averagecup of coffee. Around here, we dont call it coffee unless it's a venti with 4 shots. 😃

And by here I mean Calif

Ahh, don't get coffee out much, and hardly ever at Starbucks, too expensive. Not just expensive at Starbucks, it's everywhere. I can make coffee at home for a couple weeks on 3 bucks. Besides, most places don't make it strong enough.

where did you hear that? Do you have any testing or reports that show that? Can you link to a study on that?   Thanks

The average cup of coffee contains 150 - 300 mg of caffeine 

that's a LOT of hits off the ecig to amount to anything even if what you say is accurate....

Bebop is spot-on!

Caffeine is absorbed through the stomach lining and intestines at the highest rate... 99% within 20-40-minutes.  Through the mouth/lungs (caffeine gums/candy/inhalers), 40-70% (but you may feel it sooner, and it falls-off quicker), so even if it were to deliver 2mg of caffeine with every "hit" of ecig... it would take you 300 hits (or about a day's worth of vaping) to get a cup of coffee's worth of caffeine.  So, therefore, it is caffeinated e-liquids are HYPE, and not worth the trouble.  As Tam said.... vaporizing caffeine has not been studied at all, and at least we do have some evidence of vaporizing PG/VG/Nicotine, and it is relatively safe (but no long-term studies have obviously been done). 

Soooo... caffeinated e-liquids... novelty/fad... and unknown as to what it does to your body.  Stick to drinking your caffeine via coffee/tea!  It's the only proven delivery method :)

Edited by Earthling789

Yeah, it's a little wild. 

For me, coffee out is a rare treat when I'm feeling flush and a little indulgent but i typically just drink black coffee. No fru fru drinks for me.  I make a pot every morning for the fam and that's the way of it.

There is a Starbucks every few blocks around here and I'm not exaggerating, lol. But there are also quite a handful of mom and pop coffee shops as well as another significant chain. They are all over the place, lol. 

The market for coffee and bottled water is huge.  It's amazing. If you told me 30 years ago you could be a millionaire selling coffee and water I would have laughed in your face.  I still don't believe it. 

The market for coffee and bottled water is huge.  It's amazing. If you told me 30 years ago you could be a millionaire selling coffee and water I would have laughed in your face.  I still don't believe it. 

I'm with you Bebop... the wife wanted to open a coffee shop locally about 20 years ago, and I laughed at the idea!  I mean, who would pay $4 for a cup of coffee they can get from the gas-station for 50-cents or the local restaurants for pennies (free if you are buying breakfast from a couple of them)??  Pay for water?  Really?!?

Now, I'm kicking myself in the a$$ for not jumping all over it!  Coffee, wifi, comfortable tables/chairs/sofas, real-soda-fountain mixes, light sandwiches and pastries... I could have retired years ago :)

Yeah, it's a little wild. 

For me, coffee out is a rare treat when I'm feeling flush and a little indulgent but i typically just drink black coffee. No fru fru drinks for me.  I make a pot every morning for the fam and that's the way of it.

There is a Starbucks every few blocks around here and I'm not exaggerating, lol. But there are also quite a handful of mom and pop coffee shops as well as another significant chain. They are all over the place, lol. 

There are even some places with a Starbucks literally across the street from another Starbucks.  Or multiple Starbucks locations in the same shopping center.  Case in point - my local Target has a full service Starbucks located inside.  Anything and everything you get at a B&M Starbucks can be purchased at the one inside Target.  Less than 150 yards from the Target with the full service Starbucks is a B&M Starbucks.  They were built at the same time.  Go figure.  The image below is apparently from Vancouver, BC.

0917-starbucks.jpg