Money, Meet Mouth

Ok, I decided to put my money where my mouth is.  I've been saying that nicotine isn't necessarily the bad guy in tobacco products as the government and 'experts' would have you believe.  I've been vaping 18 mg nicotine since I started seriously over 2 years ago and that's primarily because that's the strongest readily and easily available online here in Malaysia.  I've had the occasional 12 mg product just to try the flavour but it's never been a regular in my arsenal.  I've only tried higher doses when I went to the only B & M I've ever seen in Asia.  That was in Viet Nam and while trying their sample flavours I took some hits on 24 mg and 36 mg and got quite the buzz.  It was momentarily awesome!  Kinda like the first time I inhaled a toke on a cigarette.  But...... I decided it wasn't good policy to continue as being unconscious in a Ho Chi Minh city back ally didn't seem prudent.  Ok, to get to the story....

I've resisted going to lower nicotine content because I don't see any problem vaping nicotine, just like I don't see any problem drinking caffeine in coffee.  But it came to the time to resupply and my Sig. Other declared,  "The flavours you like are only available in 12 mg right now, so do you want me to order?"  I wrung my hands, hemmed and hawed, and as I watched his hand hover over the enter button, finally said, "Ok!  Pull that trigger". 

The juice arrived and with fear and trepidation I opened some bottles and began vaping................

Awesome! No difference that I can tell.  No cravings for higher dose.  No more or less vaping than usual.  Basically it was a no big deal at all kinda thing.  

I now think I could rather easily vape down to zero nicotine as long as I could still get throat hit, flavour and vapour production and not see much if any effect.  This is really good to know in case some regulation tries to limit us.  

Yet another piece of evidence into what does or doesn't have such a strong hold on smokers.

Edited by jonnoh

Good for you! I, too, came to the same conclusion last year. When I first started vaping I was on 24 mg nic. Then, nearly a year later I went down to mostly 12 mg. Then, on a whim I tried a few 6 mg and found it good. Less than a month later I had 3 mg juice and it's pretty much been my staple with only an occasional higher mg nic juice for when I can't vape when I want and need to get just a few quick hits. My next big step will be to go to 0 and see where that leads.  :)

Same here... started on 18 (and a few 24's)... About 8-months later, my favorite juice was only available in 12mg, so I tried it and didn't die, go into a withdrawal-coma, or even notice...  After that, I decided to try things in 3mg (and even cut them lower for RDA use), and happily vape 3-6mg daily now.  I can also go nearly a full day without touching a vape, but I think I crave the flavor more than the Nicotine!!  However, on a stressful day at work (or home), a few hits of 18mg do take the edge off :)

I mostly go with 24-18 but will vape anything from 24-0. I like 4-0 when I use my mech. I don't have any desire to lower or stop vaping so it is not something think about much. I like hearing others drop and the ones that just stop vaping. It is their goal and when someone meets that goal, it is worthy of respect. :)

I was told to start with a 12 by the stup at the b&m that I went to. I was trying to quit smoking and had worked my way down to 6 cigs a day. I hated vaping 12 because I would take one or two hits and then hack my lung up. Fortunately I DID quit smoking, but it wasn't until I talked to someone else about reducing my nic levels that I started to LOVE vaping! The flavor! The yummy delicious flavor! I can chain vape all day long now and the only thing that hurts is my bank account! I'll take it![emoji3]

I was told to start with a 12 by the stup at the b&m that I went to. I was trying to quit smoking and had worked my way down to 6 cigs a day. I hated vaping 12 because I would take one or two hits and then hack my lung up. Fortunately I DID quit smoking, but it wasn't until I talked to someone else about reducing my nic levels that I started to LOVE vaping! The flavor! The yummy delicious flavor! I can chain vape all day long now and the only thing that hurts is my bank account! I'll take it![emoji3]

For me its all about the flavor