Altitude makes a difference

Don't know if anyone else noticed how altitude makes a difference in vapor production. I live at 3400 feet and get good vapor production, but when I go to the coast the production is less. Could it be a pressure difference? I'm not a cloud chaser but I have noticed a difference.

It's probably more likely related to relative humidity. Sure, oxygen levels could play a part but I would guess moisture content in the air is the bigger factor.

I'm in Colorado at around 5000 ft. The vapor production I get depends on humidity from what I've experienced. It's pretty much the same between here and arid Arizona at sea level, but get much more vapor when I'm in California and it's humid outside. I've also noticed a lot more vapor on the occasion when we get some humidity that gets us over our usual single digit status.  :)

Should try stealth vaping in a cave with year round 100% humidity while camping with scouts. The vapor just stays and stays.

I noticed humidity plays a big factor... I was vaping at one of my son's soccer games lat fall, and the humidity was probably 90% that evening... every time I took a hit from my rig (50/50 juice), the vapor just "hung" there around me before the wind moved it away :)  I'm sure people thought I was cloud-chasing, but I was just using a KPT2 on my MVP :)

Conversely, when humidity outside is very low (like 20%), vapor just dissipates quickly and you feel like (visually) that you're vaping 90% PG juices....

Here in Malaysia where the weather report is so boring.  33 yesterday, 33 today with a 90 percent chance of 33 tomorrow.  So I get in my solar heated to over 40 car and start the engine, turn on the air con, and take a hit on my pv.  It produces almost nothing until the air con cools the car to a more reasonable temp.  I always figured it was the temp of the air that made that happen. I have noticed that stealth vaping in the lav of an airplane produces less vapour than when on the ground.  Which is rather convenient.

Edited by jonnoh

• 2 weeks later...

Have you noticed that all your tanks leak when on an airplane? LOL i took 3 devices last time i flew. ALL 3 leaked out their fluid while in air. I purposely changed the coils in my turbo to make sure they were good. The clearomizers leaked too. It was frustrating.

Sub I live near the mountains and even a simple 100 mile trip by car will do the same thing. Temperature too. During hunting season when I am in the woods in 10-30 degree weather my tanks get cold but perform flawlessly. The minute my car starts to heat up they flood so I blow them out only to have to do it again as I leave the mountains and drive back into the Tennessee Valley where I live lol. Just part of it.

^^ This ^^

I get the same thing when I go hunting... the moment the truck heats up, my tanks begin to flood.  The same thing happens in the late soccer season... even sticking my vape in my pocket is enough to warm them enough to flood.

I live in the mountains, and driving daily to work (about a 1200' difference in elevation) is enough to cause minor flooding of any tank that isn't being actively vaped during the trip.  When I ride my motorcycle, I have learned to make a pit-stop at the gas station before I hit the parkway/Interstate (about 1000' drop in elevation) and take a few hits off the device to equalize the pressure... either that, or I take an empty tank to work and fill it when I get there.  Either way prevents flooding/leakage.

This year I thought I would help out my kayfuns and Russians by adding some 100% Vg to my go-to-juice.

My problem is the Southern heat, so I added 2 ml of 100% VG / 6 nic Guava and 8ml of my normal Caramel/Vanilla juice mix .

After shaking it up, put it in the Russian. ( since it has better juice channels and rewicked just a bit loose.)

Now, outside to the deck and have a brew, vape and talk to my dog and see how it works. ( not real hot yet, just 84...)

I didn't notice much difference between Denver and Home with the amount of vapor, but it was 65 or so in Denver when I was there.

I did however notice the same issues with leaking described above, got a big wet spot on the pocket I had my VTR in. First time the Nautilus mini has leaked since I got it.

I noticed all my tanks leak in the air.  I've taken to stealing as many Q-Tip 4 pack packets I can get my hands on from the hotels.   Never mind that the Q-Tips are useful for cleaning, the zip lock bags they come in are just the right size for containing tanks.  Awesome!  I call them my tank condoms.