Heatvape Mini 50w Mod With Temp. Control

For me, it's not about the water resistance...it's the fact that it's got temp control for under $70. That makes it hard to pass up. No more dry hits or scorched cotton wicks.

That is true Rixter. Temp control for under $70 is quite amazing. Hope this will drop the prices down on some of the other temp control devices out there some. But I doubt it.

Ok. Clue me in. What is temperature control and how does it work?

Temperature control is like a speed limit. You set your temp limit for just below the flash point of your wick and it keeps it from burning. You can press the fire button with a completely dry cotton wick and you won't burn it. Dry hits are so painful because when there's no juice in the wick, it starts to char. No more dry hits with temp control.

Edited by Rixter

Temperature control is like a speed limit. You set your temp limit for just below the flash point of your wick and it keeps it from burning. You can press the fire button with a completely dry cotton wick and you won't burn it. Dry hits are so painful because when there's no juice in the wick, it starts to char. No more dry hits with temp control.

Interesting. Is it automatic? In other words does it adjust for change in coil resistance? Or maybe I should ask - does it limit by voltage or by actual temperature, and how does it sense this? Just curious.

i am  not an expert in temperature control but my basic understanding so far is  that nickel wire has properties that its resistance changes with heat.  The chip continuously monitors the resistance of the coil and determines the temperature based on on that.  If you use Kanthal, wire temperature control wont work since the resistance is constant.

So since the unit wont let the coil ever get hot enough, in theory you should never burn your cotton.  As your wic holds less juic, the heat rises quicker and thus the unit stops current flow.

Formaldehyde and acetaldehyde are believed to be by products when PG|VG break down from high temperatures, again in theory temperature control should eliminate this.

As your wic dries up the pg/vg left over/residue will burn at higher temperatures if the temperatures are high enough you get the unwanted byproducts.

My question is what is the magic temperature you should avoid.  I cant seem to find any research paper done with a qualified testing procedure.

Sorry if i went off track, perhaps i should have answered this  prior to my scotch.

Sorry I just saw you posted a video Rixter. I'll check that out.

It would seem to follow that if the coil is so regulated, that it would be the equivalent of just vaping with lower voltages. Perhaps this is not an issue with lightweight vaping gear - 1.8 coils running 3.7 V, for example. Doesn't seem like you'd run in to temperature problems at 8 or 9 watts.

Even at lower voltages, when the wick dries out, the temperature of the coil skyrockets. TC effectively prevents that from happening by limiting the max temp to whatever you set for a limit. Ive heard that 420F is what most people use to prevent cotton wicking from burning.

I get it now, Rixter. Thanks!

One of the beauties of this device is how airflow plays on temperature. Less airflow means more temperature. Dryness means more temperature. So this unit corrects for that automatically. That is awesome. I used to wonder why my wife was harder on coils than I am. Now I see the difference in vaping styles. I like an airy pull. My wife tends to just fire the coil and nurse the pull. This would correct that automatically.

This is pretty awesome. :)

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines