Heatvape Mini 50w Mod With Temp. Control

I bought a black Heatvape Invader Mini 50W this evening from Sweet-Vapes for $62.95 shipped. I also ordered a 25' spool of 28g Ni200 wire from TEMCo for $4.85 shipped. Everything should be here by mid-week so once I've had a chance to check it all out, I'll post the results here.

1428947060191-P-2540034.jpg

I ordered one of the new, more powerful Efest 18650 2800mah 35A/80A IMR batteries from Triangle Vape to use in it. With the wire I bought from TEMCo, I'll be wrapping my own nickel coils for my RDAs, but I do plan on buying some of the new Nickel coil heads for my Kanger Subtank soon.

I ordered one of the new, more powerful Efest 18650 2800mah 35A/80A IMR batteries from Triangle Vape to use in it. With the wire I bought from TEMCo, I'll be wrapping my own nickel coils for my RDAs, but I do plan on buying some of the new Nickel coil heads for my Kanger Subtank soon.

Let us know how it works out!  I had one in the cart last night and talked myself out of it.  There are so many new temp control mods out there, I just can't make my mind up.  The new Sigelei that is rumored to have a SX350J in it looks promising if it is in the $100 range.  I still want the SX mini m class, but I don't think I will save enough to get one, too many less expensive mods hitting the market.

Got my Heatvape Invader Mini 50W today (Monday) from Sweet Vapes. I just ordered it Friday night and chose the cheap shipping. Amazing.

I love this mod. No problems with it not remembering settings between battery changes. It shuts itself off at around an hour but when you turn it back on, it retains its last settings. I'm going to use it (and only it) over the next few days to see how things go, but at this point, I'm pretty sure this is the best mod I've ever used. It feels really good in my hand and is a pretty hefty mod.

I've got some Nickel wire on the way so I'll have to wait on testing the temp control. I ordered a Kanger Subtank Mini and a clear bell cap for it from Sweet Vapes tonight, and I plan on coiling the RBA head with Nickel wire.

9368b86f881ad6b7bb736ba7b2077335.jpg

Kanger Subtank Mini with bell cap.

The Kanger Subtank, Subtank Mini, & Subtank Nano all use the same coil heads, and there is a Nickel version of those heads available. Also, Heatvape has a new sub-Ω tank (a top filler) called the Sniper that comes with Kanthal and Nickel coil heads in the package.

x53uw8.jpg

By the way, you can use any juice delivery device you like on this mod...it doesn't have to have a Nickel build in it. But you have to use something with a Nickel build to take advantage of temp control. I'm currently using an Joyetech eGo One tank on mine.

I would like to use the temp control bit Im more interested in the drop/water resistant factor I tend to wreck things  but reading what you guys posted about temp control it sounds like a perfect hit every time I like that also

Hey Rixter. Are you counting on being able to build Ni200 coils for your sub Tank?

I'm wondering on what size and wraps (ballpark) on the sub tank in Ni200.

Hey Rixter. Are you counting on being able to build Ni200 coils for your sub Tank?

I'm wondering on what size and wraps (ballpark) on the sub tank in Ni200.

Yes I am, and according to this online calculator, 10 wraps of 28g Ni200 around a 2.5mm spindle should yield ~.12Ω.

Dare I say it? It's possible. My wife is in to small and I'm trying to convert her to temp control. But she won't carry around a giant tank. Although I'm fine with the mini invader she is not that excited about the look. But she might go for the ipv mini look ......in pink

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines