Heatvape Mini 50w Mod With Temp. Control

One thing I can tell you is that when using nickel wire (required for TC), you can build your coil according to the space you have to build in and not worry so much about hitting a target resistance like you have to do with Kanthal A1.

You can use Kanthal A1 or Nichrome if you want to, but TC won't work with those. In order to take advantage of temperature limiting, you have to use Nickel wire.

I want a TC mod so bad that I can hardly stand it.

I've been wanting one for a while now but the prices have been out of my budget until this one. I was ready to save up $189 for a Vaporshark RDNA but now I don't have to.

Edited by Rixter

I've been wanting one for a while now but the prices have been out of my budget until this one. I was ready to save up $189 for a Vaporshark RDNA but now I don't have to.

I was doing the same thing, but I will never make it.  Too many things are half the price, that I want more.  I have always wanted to build a mod and thought this would be a good excuse.  I don't know if I will ever get it done.  I am sure I will end up buying one at lower prices too.

One thing I can tell you is that when using nickel wire (required for TC), you can build your coil according to the space you have to build in and not worry so much about hitting a target resistance like you have to do with Kanthal A1.

No exactly, most will wrap for about ~ 0.16,  Seems they should be < 1.0Ω

Just going by what Phil Busardo said in one of his videos about TC. Since Ni200 carries such a low resistance, it's not such a task to find the right number of wraps to stay in the specified range.

Can this heapvape mini 50 be used with out of the box stock (coils)?

Yes and that's the beauty of it. I think the range is 1 - 40 watts and .16 ohms and up

Oops. I should have added that you can't take advantage of the temp control with a standard kanthal coil, but it will fire them.

I'm really interested in this product.

Here's a pretty good vid on building a basic nickel coil. Interesting it takes 12 wraps of 28 ga on a 2.5mm spindle to achieve .18 nominal resistance. Surprisingly low. In order for TC to work your build must be under 1 Ohm.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines