Stopping for Starbucks

Taking a vape off your rig

Avoiding the little old lady in the crosswalk

Answering the boss's phone call

Checking to see if someone answered your post on VT

:D

I have a friend who "back in the day" had a Vette. A Che vette. He rigged the windshield washer hose into the carburetor and put transmission fluid or something in it. When someone would tailgate him a quick squirt would put out a smokescreen of sorts and leave a terrible film on the offender's windshield.

Here's my tailgate deterrent - works every time.

Somebody is riding your *** and they ain't pulling your hair. Keep your speed constant, don't change your right foot. With your left foot, bring it to the brake pedal and touch it ever so lightly, not enough to brake the car, just enough to activate your tail lights. He will react to your lights, not your speed and will slow down thinking you have hit the breaks. Now with him safely backed off, calmly pull to the right. As he passes you flip him off.

.....okay that last part is optional. :)

^^  Haha ^^

Back when I had my Mercedes (diesel), getting a tail-gaiter to back off was as simple as pushing the pedal to the floor :)  Nothing better than thick, black diesel smoke pouring out of the tailpipe from an engine with nearly a million miles on it :D  Wow, I miss that car!  It was still getting 45mpg when I sold it....

Bebop, I've used the brake-light trick many times before... it does work! :D  You just have to make sure there's not a long line of bumper-to-bumper traffic, or you  might be the cause of a 40-car pile-up ;)

Nah when someone tailgates my rig i brake check them to get them to back off...but then again i do it to save lives because your not supposed to ride a foot from the icc bumper on my trailer...down side of being a trucker, people tend to act retarded around us on the highways

Sadly, Shen... some of those truckers are also the idiots... I was on the Interstate (on my bike) last Monday, and had a rig with 53' trailer merge into my lane in front of me... maybe leaving 3' between my front wheel and his trailer...  I was so close, I could almost reach out and write "A-hole" in the dust on his trailer :)  I don't think it would have been so bad if it weren't for the fact he didn't use a signal, or give any warning... and the middle lane was clear... and he didn't take the upcoming exit (the exit I take for work), so I saw no reason for him to get over, into the slow-lane :(

If you do that to a truck in KY, you could face a minimum $250 fine from DOT or State Police....

Edited by Earthling789

Im sorry that happened Earthling but it is like anything else there is a couple idiots that give the rest of us a bad name...i am not like that however i obey the laws and also go out of my way to keep people from getting killed around trucks. Sadly though i would agree that what that driver did is wreckless and stupid, but alas i cant apologize for his actions as they were not my own..

Oh, I know... he's part of that 1% that give everyone else a bad name :)  99% of all the trucks I encounter on a daily basis are some of the best drivers on the planet, and go out of their way to ensure the safety of other drivers!  Honestly, most truck drivers will move out of the way of a motorcycle (due to the wake they create), or if traffic is heavy, I've had trucks "shield" me from other cars, and allow me a clear path to "open road" before...  I'd rather ride the Interstate with nothing but trucks, if I had that option :)

Indeed i am the same way when it comes to motorcycles on the road...but of course there are those idiots on crotch-rockets who split traffic and could care less if there is a truck next to them or not....these guys i cannot stand but any other motorcycle i have respect for.