whats yer weather? pic...

a lil windy here in Broken Arrow last Sat night..

my sons backyard

IMG_0439.jpg

under sons patio,,

IMG_0437.jpg

sons nighbor,,

IMG_4700.jpg

another neighbor,,

IMG_3782.jpg

from sons rooftop of his neighborhood,,

IMG_0444.jpg

he & his family didnt have much damage compared to the neighbors on each side of his house,,

his addition is a wreck!!!

I remember growing up in far west Tennessee on the Missouri border and the severe weather threats we had there. When we moved to the mountains I missed a lot of things about the flatlands BUT the storms and tornados are not one of them. Stay safe guys!

Man, we need the rain, but could sure do without the damage.  I have to make a quick trip from the Lubbock area to the Wichita Falls area this week and they are predicting storms.

We've got flash flood warnings all over the place last night and this morning. You could have some of this.  :)

A friend lives in Lubbock, and she's been talking about all the torrential rains they've been having lately. Stay safe, Jason.

We need it so bad. My office is in Lubbock, and I live about 30 minutes away. I know where to avoid to stay out of the water...lol, but when I am traveling it is a different story. We are so flat around here, when we do get rain it doesn't have too many places to go!

A week ago we had non-stop rain in CO. It was a Friday and about 7pm, getting ready to head out to the grocery, when I hear a WOOSH! The window well was filling up with water. It flooded the downstairs. I am looking at a huge hole in the dry wall and destroyed carpet.

Woke this morning to the window well flooding again. The builder is already out there trying to mitigate the drainage and they are coming to install a pump. They were also supposed to start the repair work on the interior today. That is now on hold. It sucks.

I just wish it would stop raining.

That really does suck BD. Is the builder also going to install a top shield on the window well? A friend, who is a designer/builder, had to do that with her window wells to keep the same thing from happening and it worked well.

I remember my grandmother's old house with window wells... I also remember my father digging new curtain drains for them one weekend.  I had no idea what he was doing (at the time), but getting to "play" on the backhoe and and "help" move all that gravel was pretty cool (I was maybe 4 or 5?) :D

That really does suck BD. Is the builder also going to install a top shield on the window well? A friend, who is a designer/builder, had to do that with her window wells to keep the same thing from happening and it worked well.

I am not sure exactly what the plan is. But that whole side of the house will need graded and re-landscaped and adding something to the top of window well as an extension. As for covers, we had just ordered them and were ready to be installed last week. The covers wouldn't have made a difference if they were installed at the time.

I remember my grandmother's old house with window wells... I also remember my father digging new curtain drains for them one weekend.  I had no idea what he was doing (at the time), but getting to "play" on the backhoe and and "help" move all that gravel was pretty cool (I was maybe 4 or 5?) :D

There are drains in the bottom of our wells, I have no clue why it didn't work. Possibly plugged with mud. Finally today we had water building up in the sump pit and they came and installed a pump. We are such a dry climate that it is standard to build a pit but not add a pump until needed.

I don't know what it is about earth moving equipment, but it still makes me stop and become mesmerized. Another builder spent last week digging a foundation. My dad and I spent hours watching the trucks line up like soldiers to haul away the dirt.

Oh god, I so need to get back to work. :laughing:

tis the season TugBoat,,

I can handle the daily rains but Nados (as my Gkids say) is a different story..

stay safe down there!!

posed to be a nice calm day here with storms to our South..

like we say here in OK wait a few minutes & the weather will change..

light mist in the air now at 648a..

Edited by HOOKER

I am ready for this crazy spring weather to move on. By July we will all be complaining about the heat and wishing for rain.

Really hoping everyone makes it through this crazy cycle and stays safe.

local weather people calling for rain through Holiday weekend,,

severe weather alerts have been hitting my coconut for 2days now

damaging high winds with possible tornados..

these are the ONLY tornados I want to see in Broken Arrow!!!

IMG_4681.png

I have no idea what the younger generation calls them,,

Bug said his Professor at school showed them how to do it..

I'll call it what cany said,, VapeNado....

he sent me a video but it doesnt want to play fair with Pbucket but when it does ya know I'll post it... :-)

Edited by HOOKER

Last week has been rain, rain, more rain, and high temps in the 50's...

YAY, the holiday weekend will be clear, sunny, and 85+!!

Time to climb aboard the motorcycle and clear out the cranial-cobwebs this weekend :D 

(the grass can be cut later, and the other honey-do list items can wait, lol)