BIG day tomorrow!

Thanks guys. I imagined being older than 44 (45 in 2 weeks) when this happened but I have come to terms with it over the last 9 months lol. It was neither planned nor expected but such is life.

I feel you! I first started getting called Pops 9 years ago! I am a few months younger than you! (45 in August). I married an older woman and she had kids, we don't have any together. My step-daughter just had her second, so I am up to 4... My step daughter married a man with 2... so all in all I get called Pops by 6 ranging from 6 months to 13.

Congratulations, Grandpa! :animier:

When are you planning to take him hunting with you? :D

The moment he is old enough! Just sucks they live 6 hours away. I tried to get her to move here even offered to get her a house or apartment and set her up but she is very independent and wants to be near her friends. Let's see what she says after a few months lol

If she's that independent, it sounds like you raised her right, B. :)

I will resort to bribery if I have to haha. But yea I always have taught my kids we all make decisions some good some bad and as long as we learn from the bad ones and relish the good ones we are doing the best we can. She is a hard worker, enjoys her job and is really growing into a responsible young lady and I am sure will be a great mother. Just like all grandparents I just want her to be closer because the way we all work time together will be scarce.

Congrats B! You're a bit younger than I am by a couple of years, lol... and you beat me to the "grandpa banner"... but that's okay... my only daughter is getting married in May of this year, just before her 23rd birthday, and she has no intention of having kids right away. She doesn't want to mess with her figure (and her modeling), lol.

I do agree on having them close by, though... it's hard to be the grandparent you want to be when you're so far apart... I think I'd be willing to have mine move back in with us just so I can make sure everyone is well taken care of... and there's nothing better than little-ones running around the house to keep you young!!

Congrats to you!

I have a dear, dear friend who is like the daughter I don't have (I have a son who isn't married and doesn't have kids). She has a 21 mo. old and 2 1/2 week old daughter so I get to be "Grammy". Those little girls are love personified!

Pics to come as soon as I am away from the firewall at work that blocks Photobucket.

Colson Michael Carter was born at 9:19 EST and weighed 7lbs 6oz-19" long. Mom and baby are both doing great and it was a textbook birth!

OH and I have pics on my Facebook Page I have meant to share here for years friend requests welcome:

https://www.facebook.com/BrianCarter1970

Congratulations on the birth of your first grand-baby. baby.gif

I hope you have as much fun spoiling him as I've had spoiling my SIX granddaughters. Yep...6 girls...not a single boy...yet. wallbash.gif

Congratulations on the birth of your first grand-baby. baby.gif

I hope you have as much fun spoiling him as I've had spoiling my SIX granddaughters. Yep...6 girls...not a single boy...yet. wallbash.gif

Dang 6 girls that's a lotta American Girl dolls lol.