Everyone with a smoker banner please post here :)

• 2 weeks later...

lol talk about a roller coaster ride eh?

Let me explain what's happening here for the tech inclined. We use a cache plugin that helps run the front end of the site (Store, Blog etc) Basically it should only cache items in our root folder and should ignore /forum/. However, it's not following the ignore rules like it should.

Vapor Talk has a CDN network these days that helps keep the forum, store, blog etc loading nice and speedy no matter your location. The forum and the front end both have their own cache plugins that help manage this. But, this one particular plugin is being a little b....heh...it's the forum let me rephrase, it's not doing what it's supposed to. At any rate I've notified the developers about the issue and they're going to release a patch in the next week or two. Remember this is developer time so it could take longer.

Once I have that update my ignore rules will start working and it will stop trying to simplify the /smokefree and /forums folder :)

When you see the smoker banner coming back it's because I have the cache module turned off. You'll notice this happens mostly at night. That's because I need the cache system offline while I update major core files. At any rate once it's fully fixed, I'll be sure to post back here and don't worry I won't forget our beloved smoke banner :) I'm also under some pressure by the board to finish up another sister site we're currently building :( So a few things here on the forum are on the back burner so I don't get the pitch fork.

Christopher, I thought you were the boss???... Please let me know if I'm wrong...

To be honest, we all remember our quit date so it doesn't really matter when you think about it.

Banners are just a "show off" thing... IMHO...We should all support, no matter where we are at in our smoking/vaping life...

Banners are just a "show off" thing... IMHO...We should all support, no matter where we are at in our smoking/vaping life...

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions but those "show off" things help motivate me to keep vaping.