Vision Spinner 2 question

For others using them do you find charging them to be quirky? I use only JoyeTech chargers that are supposedly the best and have always worked well but with the Spinner 2s I find the green light will come on and the light will go off on the battery looking like it is fully charged. Then I can take it off the charger and put it back on and it will charge for sometimes a couple more hours.

It almost seems like the feature that changes the light to indicate the remaining charge in the battery may interrupt the charging process. The Spinner 2s fire button glows white when between 60-100% charged, blue when between 30-60% charged and then orange when 30% or less. When charging the light changes as well to indicate how far along in the charging process the battery is. It seems when the light changes the charger stops and I am having to unscrew then reattach the battery to the charger.

Anyone experiencing this or is it me?

Well, I'll be...

Since I just recently got my V2 and discharged/recharged it for the first time I didn't notice, but after reading your post I checked and yes, the button glows blue. The charger had stopped when it changed from orange to blue without charging all the way. Hmmm. This is inconvenient not. Thanks for the heads up!

I have 4 now two for me and two for the Mrs and they all do it. I guess its just one of those quirks lol. When I got to work I noticed mine was glowing blue that I pulled off the charger last night. I think when the light changes it breaks the circuit or something.

I had just charged mine night before last and put it into the queue with the others to be put back into service so I hadn't bothered to fire it up. The first time I pushed the button I think I would've been surprised, too. :)

I had just charged mine night before last and put it into the queue with the others to be put back into service so I hadn't bothered to fire it up. The first time I pushed the button I think I would've been surprised, too. :)

If you plug it back in it will charge another 1.5-2 hours then flash white and the light will go green. A little pain but I do so love these batteries. If there were a lanyard that worked with them I would probably retire my 1300s or gift them to some of my vaping friends that cant afford to get them and order a few more.

I literally can go close to 72 hours on one charge lol. I started on one Sunday night when I got home from my brothers wedding and it lasted till mid day Wednesday.

The two-step charging isn't a problem, just a minor inconvenience, but now that I know to look for it, I'll be more aware and make changes to how I charge the thing. I really like the extra battery capacity too. One thing that I need to get used to is the new button. It doesn't stick out as far as the 1300 button and is really smooth so it's easy to overlook when I'm feeling for it unless I'm paying attention. :)

Interesting that the charging circuit does this... I'm wondering if a different charger would do the same (one without the circuit to read 'stages' from the battery, just reads charge-level)? I'm also wondering if the Vision charger has this same problem, or just the Joyetech?

I've got a few eGo-T batteries and my 950's do that from time to time... they go green, indicating full charge, but there is no way they are charged in 2-3 hours. I unscrew them and pop them back on... red light again, and another 3-4 hours until I see green. But, I will say, that pair of batteries are knock-offs, too... so that may be the issue, because that same charger does not give me any problems charging the 1100's.

My 1300s take about 4.5 hours from blinking to fully charged and 900mah spinners take about 3-3.5hours. The 1600s take about 5-5.5 hours to charge fully if you are sitting there to reengage the charging cycle when the light goes off lol

Yep B I'm going through the same thing. I emailed Sweet Vapes and they offered to take the one back. But I am trying to work with them. I hate all that shipping stuff back. Let me know what you learn and I will do the same.

Yep B I'm going through the same thing. I emailed Sweet Vapes and they offered to take the one back. But I am trying to work with them. I hate all that shipping stuff back. Let me know what you learn and I will do the same.

I am not going to return any of them over it, its just a different process from the old version I wanted everyone to know. Its not that big a deal to me since I never leave them charging unattended anyway.

Edited by bcartervol98

Interesting. Mine did not do this but oddly enough my joye charger bit the dust a month ago and I am using another charger now. I dont remember what it is but its not a cheapy. Anyway, my spinner 2 charges right on thru about 5 hours or so and doesnt get interrupted. Im pretty sure I bought the last batch of chargers from sweetvapes or possibly Discount Vapors but they've been in the "back-ups" drawer for months.

All is well here but I'm going to keep an eye on this. Ive only recharged my Sp2 once since I got it.

Yep, my money was/is on the circuitry of the JoyeTech chargers. Once they detect feedback from the battery that the charge has reached the "blue" range, it assumes they are charged (detects full) and cuts off. BeBop's experience just seems to confirm that.

I have 4 that are JoyeTech and two cheapies I got with a starter kit. Maybe I need new chargers.........

Bebop I would be interested in the brand of your charger if you get a chance.

Keep in mind. I've only just charged it once. I'm only basing that on the fact that I left it on the charger for 5 plus hours and when I checked the battery, the button is glowing white when I hit it and my battery definitely cycles white - blue - orange during use.

Ss a matter of fact I'm switching to that battery here in a short bit and I'll be keeping an eye on it today re its capacity to verify it's fully charged.

I have 4 that are JoyeTech and two cheapies I got with a starter kit. Maybe I need new chargers.........

Bebop I would be interested in the brand of your charger if you get a chance.

I'll check it out later tonight but I'm gone for the day til the wee hours. I'll report back by tomorrow on that.

I'll check it out later tonight but I'm gone for the day til the wee hours. I'll report back by tomorrow on that.

Awesome, I am heading to the lake in a couple hours no rush. I will be extremely intoxicated by the wee hours lol.

Well, my charger is nothing special. Not even marked which tells me it's a generic Chinese made. It's def not junk seems well made but I'm sure I bought it at SweetVapes or DV.

I should clarify that it does have the CE conformity label, but not a manufacturing label

I have two plain ones like this with no labels but the CE on there but they will not even connect with he Spinner 2 or the 1300mah Spinners. Not sure why, I got them in my first starter kit. They charge the 900mah and down just fine.

I think its just something I am gonna have to put up with. Not a big deal really but wanted to see if it was some sort of user error and know if others were experiencing this.

As I was charging 3 of mine last night I noticed something. The light on the charger would go green but the light on the battery would still be on. It would pause for a few minutes then kick back in as the different stages of charge were reached. I think when I pulled mine off the charger I happened to see it glowing green and assumed it was charged. I am not sure there is a need to unattach then reattach to keep the charge cycle going like I had first thought. Being in the same room where they are charging in plain view makes it easy to see the green light and assume the charging cycle is complete. At times I have 6 charging at the same time and it makes it even harder to remember which one was plugged in when lol.

That's interesting. I charged mine this morning and saw the light was green too. But when I pressed the button, it glowed orange. I took it off the charger and later, when I pressed the button again it glowed blue so I'm guessing it was just getting through the different stage before it went to the next one. I've got it charging again. This is going to be a pain until I can get used to it. :)

Ive run into this problem also, however it isnt consitent. Sometimes it will go through the charging cycle completely and other times it stops. Its a mystery

Ive run into this problem also, however it isnt consitent. Sometimes it will go through the charging cycle completely and other times it stops. Its a mystery

Aaah, so it's a female battery! You never know when she's going to change her mind about whether she's running on a full charge or not. Lol. :D