Vision Spinner 2 question

Watching the battery charge is like watching paint dry and about as exciting. :D

But! As I was staring at the orange V button...it suddenly blinked and turned blue! And it only took two hours to do it. In all fairness I was using a charger for the Inferno (from Volcano ecigs) and just now changed it to a Joytech charger.

Wonder if I stare hard enough the light might change to white quicker? :lol:

Edited by Tameiki

I plugged in 3 that were all well into the orange and left them plugged up all night in a metal container (for safety) and all 3 were 100% charged. I really think it pauses instead of quits

I plugged in 3 that were all well into the orange and left them plugged up all night in a metal container (for safety) and all 3 were 100% charged. I really think it pauses instead of quits

I'm inclined to agree. Once I changed back to a Joyetech charger I watched as the light turned green for a bit and then went back to red to show it was charging. After it did this, the button color changed to the next one up (say from orange to blue to white). The trick, I guess, is to check to see what color the button is to see if it's fully charged or not.

I'm inclined to agree. Once I changed back to a Joyetech charger I watched as the light turned green for a bit and then went back to red to show it was charging. After it did this, the button color changed to the next one up (say from orange to blue to white). The trick, I guess, is to check to see what color the button is to see if it's fully charged or not.

And use a Joye or other name brand charger (unless you are Bebop lol)

Lol,

Good to know. I like to live on the edge, lol. I dont even charge my batteries in a crab pot, lol

..... I do keep them low to the floor....

I generally do not worry about them when charging but am OCD about being as safe as I can. It does seem overnight charging is the ticket for these bad boys. I may buy one of those "battery bags" that are designed to safely charge Lithium Ion batteries unattended.

Okay, WTH. My Spinner 2 didn't charge all the way this time! Same charger, same battery. It stopped mid cycle. I let it sit for some extra time but no change. I disconnected it and put it back on and it continued charging and then finally fully charged.

.....hmmmmmm. :(

Edited by Bebop12

i have several ego type chargers and several ego type batteries. sometimes they charge just fine and sometimes the light turns green much too soon and i know they aren't fully charged. i just have learned to finagle them a bit until the light turns red again, then they usually charge ok the rest of the way. i think the chargers and batteries are kinda like me.....temperamental. (well at least mental :p)

Ok. This is annoying now, lol

Has anybody figured this out yet? The first time I charged my Spinner 2 it charged completely.

2 times now it has stopped in the "blue" cycle and I've had to unplug and re plug it in to get it to fully charge. I haven't figured out what I did the first time, lol.

This last time I charged it I waited until the I got a green light and let it sit there for over two hours to see if it would continue. Didn't happen. When I took it off the charger and put it back on, the light changed and started charging again. Yes, this is frustrating that I can't seem to find a work around. *sighs*

I think it is an issue with the battery circuit board. I didn't read all of this but has someone tried an older Vision spinner on that charger? If it does the same thing, then it is an issue with the charger circuit board. These boards have programmable chips and either the circuitry or programing sounds faulty..

I think it is an issue with the battery circuit board. I didn't read all of this but has someone tried an older Vision spinner on that charger? If it does the same thing, then it is an issue with the charger circuit board. These boards have programmable chips and either the circuitry or programing sounds faulty..

The chargers I used are the same ones I always use to charge my 900 and 1300 Spinners with no problems. I'm thinking it has something to do with the new Spinners. :(

I charge my 1300mah spinners no problem. All my other batteries for that matter with no issues ever and I have over a dozen between the wife and I. We each have a pair of Vision Spinner 2s and they all do the same thing during the cycle the light is illuminated blue. They will go green on the charger blink 3 times and appear charged but when you unplug and replug they go a couple more hours before being fully charged.

I plugged in one tonight to top it off and it was blue when I plugged it in and has now made the transition to white and is almost charged. If I didn't love these things so much and they didn't last me two days at work I wouldn't be happy lol. I just treat it as a qwerk they just charge in ac temperamental way.

Hopefully something will get figured out eventually.

Yeah, the battery performs well. I really like it.

You have to ask yourself how something like this gets past the "engineers", lol. Kind of a glaring "oops" don'tcha think ?

Well I won't lose any sleep over it, I guess......:)

My wife and I each have a vision spinner 2 and both of them charge all the way without stopping. I have another one on the way because I love them so much and I'll keep an eye on it to see how it charges. Maybe it is the chargers you all use?

I'm using a Joyetech charger with a Joyetech AC adapter. I think bcarter is using the same. What are you using? And how are you using it? :)

I have 4 Joyetech chargers and wall adapters and 2 that are kind of generic and came with a starter kit a long time ago. They will not even fire up the Spinner 2s but charge all the rest of my batteries fine.

This seems to be a universal problem across all users I know except the one that posted above. Would love to know the brand of charger that will correct the issue.

According to Vision:

"Spinner II, no different to regular eGo batteries, requires a standard USB charger of 420mA output and a wall adapter of 500mA output. Any use of non-standard chargers, especially with higher output such as iPhone chargers, is likely to damage the battery and cause unwanted consequences. Therefore the usage of non-standard chargers on Spinner II is strictly prohibited and immediately invalidates the warranty."

Dear Spinner II supporters,

We really appreciate your enthusiasm for our latest launch- Spinner II! We're deeply motivated by this rapidly rising demand and we will continue our good work here to develop more and better products in near future to pay back your warm support!

In your feedback to Spinner II, there are many good words (Thank you!), but also mixed with certain issues that has caused some confusions, e.g. the battery keeps charging for 10 mins and stops before it's actually fully charged or the charging process stops at each turn of the color (orange to blue, blue to white) and you have to unplug the USB charger and plug again to resume.

Of course, we've digged deeply into this issue to try to improve this product to perfection! And before we collect enough samples for a sound investigation, our engineers with experts from our suppliers has been doing research to find out potential root causes. And there is one reason we find most possible that could cause above issue.

Spinner II has been designed to provide best safety and stability for a long time use. The eletronic center control is installed with many protective mechanisms and one of them is to detect the power input volume and stability during charging for best protection of our battery. As many USB chargers out there in market are actually made in cheap way without stability maintaining chip and its output jumps up and down a lot in actual charging. Also many of the so called ego chargers only output power by less 200ma.

So the conclusion is that if you encounter aforementioned issues, please try to use a better quality USB charger to retry from trusted brands and retailer. Meanwhile, we're trying our best to improve the software for the best compatibility for all USB chargers in market without lowering our safety standard.

Thank you all for the support and we're deeply sorry for the inconvenience if you encounter such issues. We're always improving and keep upgrading our star product for the best customer satisfaction!

Please help us in explain to Valued ending customers, and we will fix all above issues in a very quick way.

We have Certain Chargers special for Spinner II, and ready to order!

Vision Team

Max

2014.05.30 Friday