The Super Bowl that wasn't...super

It was a hard game to watch. They brought the bodies but left the brains back in Denver. The whole team looked confused out there.

Seattle played a good game and deserved the win. There is no doubt about it.

Edited by BirdDog

Seattle had very good teamwork going on. Denver? Not so much. If I didn't know better it looked like this was the first time the Broncos played together. Manning's passes were absolutely painful to watch and not at all like what he's capable of.

Everyone is going to be in a bad mood tomorrow or just glum. :(

I agree that it looked like Denver didn't even bother to show up.

One thing, once I heard about it today, did strike me. Sherman, the one who got us all riled up and made instant Broncos fans everywhere, hurt his ankle in the game. After the game ended, Peyton Manning sought him out - he was back in street clothes, brace type shoe thing on his foot on crutches - and commiserated with him about the injury, and double checked to make sure he was okay. Because, you know, if anyone knows about injuries and football, it's Manning.

And Manning became the first Quarterback to go to the Super Bowl with two different teams. Not that he did much while there, but, he did it.....

I agree that it looked like Denver didn't even bother to show up. 

One thing, once I heard about it today, did strike me.  Sherman, the one who got us all riled up and made instant Broncos fans everywhere, hurt his ankle in the game.  After the game ended, Peyton Manning sought him out - he was back in street clothes, brace type shoe thing on his foot on crutches - and commiserated with him about the injury, and double checked to make sure he was okay.  Because, you know, if anyone knows about injuries and football, it's Manning.

And Manning became the first Quarterback to go to the Super Bowl with two different teams.  Not that he did much while there, but, he did it.....

I disagree. Peyton had great stats minus the interceptions. They just had no momentum.

34-49 in completions

280 yards passing

1 TD

In any other game, those stats aren't terrible by any means. The Seahawks defense just never let them gain momentum and the broncos defense was on the field too long and got tired.

I disagree. Peyton had great stats minus the interceptions. They just had no momentum.

34-49 in completions

280 yards passing

1 TD

In any other game, those stats aren't terrible by any means. The Seahawks defense just never let them gain momentum and the broncos defense was on the field too long and got tired.

That's the thing. "In any other game...." But it wasn't. It certainly didn't LOOK like the best offensive line and the best defensive line were meeting up in the Super Bowl.

That's the thing.  "In any other game...."  But it wasn't.  It certainly didn't LOOK like the best offensive line and the best defensive line were meeting up in the Super Bowl.

Oh I'm not defending the offense, just saying that Peyton himself didn't have a terrible game.