Cleaning

I have read some reviews on the iClear coils/wicks, and some say they only last a few days. I'm not sure, but I just washed my 16 wick, and am letting it dry. We will see if it still produces the same burnt taste/smell. Unfortunately, I don't have any ISO at the moment, so I only did a mild soap soak and thorough rinse.

Good news. It works like new. I'm attributing the problem to an e-juice I had purchased, Grape by Vivid Vapor. I noticed the same disgusting burnt taste when I filled my ProTank with it, but after changing it out, the taste went away. I believe it was due to the amount of juice the 16 wick soaks up. Once again, thank you all for your input and expertise on this subject. This vapor community rocks. :D

Good news. It works like new. I'm attributing the problem to an e-juice I had purchased, Grape by Vivid Vapor. I noticed the same disgusting burnt taste when I filled my ProTank with it, but after changing it out, the taste went away. I believe it was due to the amount of juice the 16 wick soaks up. Once again, thank you all for your input and expertise on this subject. This vapor community rocks. :D

I just tried it with my iclear 30's wick. It was tasting pretty nasty and the wick was turning Brown. After a good soap dish cleaning of the tank and an ISO bath for the wick, it's like New again. Next time I will let the wick dry longer though, it had a little alcohol taste for a little bit.

Had a thought, isn't isopropyl alcohol hazardous to consume?

Yeah, that's why hubby won't let me use it. He says rather than shell out for vodka, for the few times I would need to clean one, it would be just as cheap to pitch it if it still has flavor residue after a regular wash, since the coils are so cheap. But on the rubbing alcohol, he said he'd rather be safe than dead, just in case you DON'T get all of it out.

im with aqua on this. :) i wash my RBA's/RDA's out when im ready for a flavor change/new build. But if its a tank like my Davide i just wait until i empty it and then wash it after the coil goes bad. :)

And please correct me if I am wrong. The way you know your coil is going bad is you start tasting a burnt taste? I don't know any other way.

Or it will gurgle and leak. I have a leaking Evod right now, but I'm not sure which one. None of them taste burnt (they are all in the same section of my case, so I just find liquid on the evods) and none of them are gurgling. But I've had each on of them out for hours at a time - sometimes overnight, and I've never seen evidence of it then. Could it be because they are stored on their sides?

And please correct me if I am wrong. The way you know your coil is going bad is you start tasting a burnt taste? I don't know any other way.

Or, it leaks for no darn good reason - which is actually a wick problem but that leads to flooding and then a rebuild so same difference

Coils will also change resistance as they wear so you get different performance/vapor productiin issues too