Cleaning

And please correct me if I am wrong. The way you know your coil is going bad is you start tasting a burnt taste? I don't know any other way.

Or you don't get the vapor/performance that it once did. Another way to tell is if the draw is getting tighter like trying to suck a very thick milkshake through a coffee stirrer. :)

Okay, I found out my problem. It wasn't due to the wicks needing a wash and rinse, but mainly due to the gunky buildup on the coils. I kept wracking my brain, trying to figure out what I could use to clean off the coils with. I ended up putting the iClear30 and other gunked up coils aside, but then last night I was watching a bunch of vape reviews on YouTube and came across an iClear30 review that showed you how to clean them. I ended up smacking my forehead and shouting "DUH!". In the video he does a 'dry burn', heating up the coils to burn out the gunky buildup, and then rinsing the residue. Smh...... I should've known to try that, but instead kept thinking "If only I had a tiny wire brush to clean the coil with.". lol

So now my problem is completely solved, and I recommend the 'dry burn' technique if your coils get too gunky and you haven't any ISO laying around, as I don't. Just be careful not to overheat the coils. Blow on them and give them a couple seconds rest between each 'dry burn'. You don't want to end up popping the coil.

I know many of the veterans or even rookies probably know this, but it is good info for the novice such as myself. I am moving up the ranks though. :D

• 6 months later...

Ok this going to sound weird but it seems to work pretty well,...first i just rinse my coils off (mostly evod style)...but for the tanks tips and even bottles I soak them with Polident it gets all the residue off and cleans up nicely....5min soak and its all good..rinse and air dry