Spearmint cracking tanks?

kerk

Juices in high citrus and/or cinnamon can crack tanks. Don't know that I've ever heard of spearmint doing it but that doesn't mean it couldn't.

Hey, bcarter! What's your experience on this? Since you vape a lot of spearmint, have you ever had one crack a plastic tank?

Juices in high citrus and/or cinnamon can crack tanks. Don't know that I've ever heard of spearmint doing it but that doesn't mean it couldn't.

Hey, bcarter! What's your experience on this? Since you vape a lot of spearmint, have you ever had one crack a plastic tank?

ECblends posts a warning of the possiblity on their spearmint juice.

ECblends posts a warning of the possiblity on their spearmint juice.

Interesting. Thanks for the info. I've bought plenty of spearmint and peppermint from EC Blends, but I use it to mix with my mojito and never used it by itself in a tank. :)

VapeDudes Spearmint is the best I have tried and has never cracked a tank. I have some of my old plastic clearos on the bar still filled from before my switch to glass. I also keep a T2 filled with spearmint in my case as backup for my backup and its fine.

No ECblends uses a spearmint that is oil based. I have had an oil based (I DIYed it) spearmint eat through a CE4. It may have been my issue but it still can happen if the flavor concentrate is too high with the oil. You can find it as an extract in a pg or VG solution but its hella expensive as far as I have found so I have up looking for one.

I have and continue to use EC blends spearmint with no issues as so does my wife in her T2. We have lost 1 tank to my DIY and a second to an EC blends we ordered with extra flavor hoping to really bring out the spearmint. So that could/probably is the issue. That's why they warn it could be a tank cracker.

I have yet to crack a tank (T2's) with any of my cinnamon roll/mint/citrus flavors. Not denying it can happen, just saying I haven't experienced it yet.

I have yet to crack a tank (T2's) with any of my cinnamon roll/mint/citrus flavors. Not denying it can happen, just saying I haven't experienced it yet.

The high citrus in my mojito flavor used to crack the T2 on a semi-regular basis. Other flavors were all fine though.

Usually it cracks from the bottom where the juice always has contact with the plastic. It looks like tiny spiderweb lines that spread out with time until it starts leaking. It's not the one or three deep lines or anything like that.

Interesting. I did have one Clearomizer (T2) that the juice seemed to slip into the seal between the top of the plastic and the metal band. Always attributed that to the heat because it was at the top near the coil. Never leaked, but the juice got permanently trapped between the band and the plastic. I think I tossed that one eventually.

Yeah. But I have never seen the spider webbing you describe.

• 2 weeks later...

I lost a ce4 to an unsteeped mountain dew flavor. Now that it's steeped it's fine on my ce5's. it was so citrus-ee (gosh what words we can come up with eh?) that i could not vape it for about 2months. now it's pretty mellow and i can vape it with no problems.

My iClear30 has started to crack today. I can see and feel the line, and its creeping along little by little. I haven't vaped any mint, cinnamon, or citrus juices, only Peach Strawberry and a Jolly Rancher type of juice. I've also never dropped it or knocked it over. It really must depend on the juice.

After much searching I have found a supplier of replacement tanks...... in China, lol. They are only $0.69, so I am going to order like 10. It may take awhile to receive them, but thankfully I have 3 new iClear30's arriving tomorrow. I just wish they could make some threaded pyrex tubes. :/

Edited by 3Rutez

• 4 weeks later...

I thought I had it all covered, glass tank...check, spearmint in tank...check, cracked my plastic drip tip instantly. Whoops!

Never heard of that happening before. Lol! What kind of plastic drip tip were you using???

I think I got them from DV a few months ago, they are small clear/color swirled 510 drip tips, nothing special really, but it cracked first hit on some spearmint candy cane I just got from ec blends

Edited by wizard46304

I think I got them from DV a few months ago, they are small clear/color swirled 510 drip tips, nothing special really, but it cracked first hit on some spearmint candy cane I just got from ec blends

I've got some of those but from a different vendor. Mine didn't crack when I used it on spearmint from EC Blends... hmmmm. You might've gotten a bad drip tip that was predisposed to cracking?

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, confirmed that some fluids can damage plastic drip tips. Yesterday the drip tip in my Pluid tank fell off, thought that us was odd because it hasn't happened to me yet. Upon inspection, the Pluid completely destroyed the base if the drip tip. I've been avoiding spending $20 on the glass and stone drip tips, but I may be in the market for some now as I don't really care for metal.