seeking juice with best throat hit?

Sweet-Vapes Juicy Peach in 80pg 20vg has a massive throat hit. So does their Traditional Tobacco. I get a great throat hit out of mints (not menthol, mints like spearmint and peppermint) that I get from VapeDudes in 70-30 24mg.

The higher the nicotine content and higher PG offers a harder throat hit. It's not really so much the flavor of the juice as it is the ratio of PG/VG.

Vape Dudes is a very popular vendor of e-liquids around here, as is Sweet-Vapes.com (add the hyphen or it'll take you to a different vendor altogether), although I don't shop at the latter anymore. EC Blends is still my personal favorite because you can customize the bejeezus out of all their juices. :)

ECblends is good too. My wife's new favorite flavor is their peppermint. I prefer VapeDudes Candy Cane. Go figure. She has knocked the bottom out of a 30ml bottle in a little over a week. 120ml keg should be here tomorrow lol. Trying their Strawberry too since I love VapeDudes Strawberry Fields so much. That and my mints are really all I vape anymore.

Keep in mind that juices are subjective. What one person thinks is great, another will find it vile. It all depends on what your taste buds tell you. I like the 5 ml bottles of juice so I can taste it myself without putting out a lot of money that I might have to put aside. Also an FYI on EC Blends' juices - a lot of their stuff you have to let steep (that means to put it aside and let it age a little for the full flavor to come out). Some of their stuff is good right away but others could take a few days to a few weeks before the full flavor comes through. :)

At least you'll get an idea of what to reorder with those, maybe get the 10ml of those and some more samples of some others you haven't tried yet next time. Problem is, some of the liquids have to sit for a while before you know what they are really like. So try them out of the mail box, if you like them you can use those up while the ones that weren't quite right sit. Then you can give those another try in a week or 2.

Keep in mind that juices are subjective. What one person thinks is great, another will find it vile. It all depends on what your taste buds tell you. I like the 5 ml bottles of juice so I can taste it myself without putting out a lot of money that I might have to put aside. Also an FYI on EC Blends' juices - a lot of their stuff you have to let steep (that means to put it aside and let it age a little for the full flavor to come out). Some of their stuff is good right away but others could take a few days to a few weeks before the full flavor comes through. :)

I thought MOST of them that you ordered online had to steep? Don't they all make them up to order - especially if you order extra flavor, or the other options, plus the particular PG/VG ratio?

Ty, i only went with some 5ml samplers. I thought thing same thing!

*the (too early)

Yeah, the online stuff we've ordered has all been samples, except I took a chance and ordered an Irish Creme in the only sized bottles that Chi-Town sells outside of sample packs (36 ml), simply because I didn't have enough flavors I wanted to still sample from them left, and I got a 36 ml of my honey wood. Because of the shipping time (four days), plus an extra day to sit, the honey wood is done steeping, but I haven't tried the Irish Creme yet to see if it still needs to steep some more or not.

Luckily, MOST of the time you buy at a brick and mortar shop, they won't put it out to be sold until it's done steeping, but some flavors take longer to steep than others. I got a Sweet Tobacco from my favorite B&M here locally, it had been made up a week prior, but I still had to let it steep for several more days before it became something I would vape rather than something vile. But sample packs from unknown vendors/flavors is the way to go. That way, you aren't out too much money if you don't like the flavor, and it's not a huge bottle that you have to stare at if you don't like it.

I thought MOST of them that you ordered online had to steep? Don't they all make them up to order - especially if you order extra flavor, or the other options, plus the particular PG/VG ratio?

Yeah, the online stuff we've ordered has all been samples, except I took a chance and ordered an Irish Creme in the only sized bottles that Chi-Town sells outside of sample packs (36 ml), simply because I didn't have enough flavors I wanted to still sample from them left, and I got a 36 ml of my honey wood. Because of the shipping time (four days), plus an extra day to sit, the honey wood is done steeping, but I haven't tried the Irish Creme yet to see if it still needs to steep some more or not.

Luckily, MOST of the time you buy at a brick and mortar shop, they won't put it out to be sold until it's done steeping, but some flavors take longer to steep than others. I got a Sweet Tobacco from my favorite B&M here locally, it had been made up a week prior, but I still had to let it steep for several more days before it became something I would vape rather than something vile. But sample packs from unknown vendors/flavors is the way to go. That way, you aren't out too much money if you don't like the flavor, and it's not a huge bottle that you have to stare at if you don't like it.

Other than one tobacco flavor, I have never had a liquid get better or more flavorful-more to my liking by steeping. The exact reason I do not buy ANY liquids from a brick and mortar shop is the fact that they are pre-made, most do not have PG VG content disclosed, where they are made, born on dates, or anything else for that matter. I want my liquids freshly mixed to my specifications. Just my 2 cents, but I trust Sweet-Vapes, ECblends, and VapeDudes FAR MORE than I do any of the B&Ms in my area especially when it comes to liquids. I have been told too much stuff that is not true by those that shop there and pay the ridiculous prices.

Ask IMedic too, the resident DIY "Mad Scientist" about steeping. We have done some back and forth liquid transactions and he, like myself, does not want his to steep at all before trying it. Steeping is overrated and reserved, in my opinion, for anything that has a perfumey flavor at first. If it has that sort of flavor, I usually am not going to like it anyway.

Our main flavors, Strawberry Fields, Spearmint, and Candy Cane from VapeDudes are best right out of the box, as is Juicy Peach from Sweet-Vapes and Peppermint from ECBlends.

I'm afraid I'm another one who hasn't experienced any measurable benefit from steeping. Any juice I have liked right out of the box remained great and those that were perfumey and chemically tasting never lost that flavor even after 3+ months of steeping. But, a lot of well respected people swear by steeping so, again, one more example of how subjective juice and tastes can be.

One promising thing about juice life; I do have a vape dudes flavor that I like but it's not at the top of my list so I don't tend to vape it much. I've had a 30ml bottle of it for 3 months now and it still tastes the same as it did when I bought it. Hasn't changed one way or the other after three months.

We do have 2 B & M stores that sell prepackaged juice with born dates. Of the flavors I have purchased from them, none of the born dates was older than about 3 weeks - a month. But these guys sell a LOT of juice. Some of the juices are not marked but that doesn't necessarily make it bad juice. And, since I get to try the juices out before I buy I also find it interesting that the prepackaged juices, which in some cases are a month old, taste just the same as the samples I taste.

All of that is to say I haven't found a lot of wild variation in juice flavor or throat hit over time. It either tastes good and hits nice out of the gate or it doesn't , for me.

I'm afraid I'm another one who hasn't experienced any measurable benefit from steeping. Any juice I have liked right out of the box remained great and those that were perfumey and chemically tasting never lost that flavor even after 3+ months of steeping. But, a lot of well respected people swear by steeping so, again, one more example of how subjective juice and tastes can be.

One promising thing about juice life; I do have a vape dudes flavor that I like but it's not at the top of my list so I don't tend to vape it much. I've had a 30ml bottle of it for 3 months now and it still tastes the same as it did when I bought it. Hasn't changed one way or the other after three months.

We do have 2 B & M stores that sell prepackaged juice with born dates. Of the flavors I have purchased from them, none of the born dates was older than about 3 weeks - a month. But these guys sell a LOT of juice. Some of the juices are not marked but that doesn't necessarily make it bad juice. And, since I get to try the juices out before I buy I also find it interesting that the prepackaged juices, which in some cases are a month old, taste just the same as the samples I taste.

All of that is to say I haven't found a lot of wild variation in juice flavor or throat hit over time. It either tastes good and hits nice out of the gate or it doesn't , for me.

I was going to mention this -I havent found anything else to get better by steeping either . I joked with a friend about this saying "steeping was the term invented by a guy who didnt want to be complained to after he made gross juice "

Other than one tobacco flavor, I have never had a liquid get better or more flavorful-more to my liking by steeping. The exact reason I do not buy ANY liquids from a brick and mortar shop is the fact that they are pre-made, most do not have PG VG content disclosed, where they are made, born on dates, or anything else for that matter. I want my liquids freshly mixed to my specifications. Just my 2 cents, but I trust Sweet-Vapes, ECblends, and VapeDudes FAR MORE than I do any of the B&Ms in my area especially when it comes to liquids. I have been told too much stuff that is not true by those that shop there and pay the ridiculous prices.

Well, our B&M shop is a storefront presence of a smaller online shop. You go order something - like if you ask for a 30 ml bottle - they go in the back and make it up right there, because they don't keep the 30 ml bottles made up. PG/VG and nic content are always marked very clearly on the bottles, and generally the date made is, too. The sweet tobacco, yeah, that needed more steep time than they gave it, and the 618 (another tobacco flavor) custom blend with an extra flavor shot needed about a week of steep time - when we first got it, it was very light, and didn't taste the same as it normally would, but it wasn't vile.

Edit: By light, I mean light in color. It darkened over the week that we let it steep and nightly shaking.

Edited by spydre

My Feels Like a Nut (Almond Joy) flavor needs at minimum one week before it's really good. Two weeks or more and it has me drooling. Dulce de Leche also requires a week or more before it gets really good.

The Vapor Room's Lemon Meringue Pie was all pie crust until it steeped for a couple of months and then the lemon flavor exploded. I think it just depends on your taste buds, mostly. Juice is so subjective, it's hard to say one size fits all. :)

• 5 months later...

When did this turn into a steep or no steep topic. I think the author wanted to know the names of some e juices with a good throat hit. Not advice on nicotine or VG/PG percentage, the names of e juice with a good throat hit.

For me its Kings Cup 18ml nicotine by Crush Vapors and Bonnie and Clyde 18ml by Villain Vapors. Both good throat hit.

When did this turn into a steep or no steep topic. I think the author wanted to know the names of some e juices with a good throat hit. Not advice on nicotine or VG/PG percentage, the names of e juice with a good throat hit.

For me its Kings Cup 18ml nicotine by Crush Vapors and Bonnie and Clyde 18ml by Villain Vapors. Both good throat hit.

Not for nothing here, Nic level, PG/VG ratio has A LOT to do with throaf hit. The Nic And the PG are what causes it. And when you steep your juice, sometimes the Nic level will fall off slighty.

BTW there is NO BEST of anything. Only to yourself. It's ALL subjective! Your taste, your style, your device. Just my 2 cents!

When did this turn into a steep or no steep topic. I think the author wanted to know the names of some e juices with a good throat hit. Not advice on nicotine or VG/PG percentage, the names of e juice with a good hit.

It turned to a steep no steep back in August, before you even joined this forum....play nice huh?!

It turned to a steep no steep back in August, before you even joined this forum....play nice huh?!

And no its not just about nic levels and PG levels. That's the simple answer for a simple mind. Its the same reason why some 12nics have a bigger TH than some 18nics. Some 100% VGs have a more profound TH than some 100% PGs. Some contain alcohol like Flavors from sweet-vapes. For someone with enough free time to post over 1,900 times you would think you knew how to read. I sure as hell thought you would know more. Play, nice? I'm not the crony who took offense to someone asking you "helpful" people for a couple of flavors that we can try that you liked. Why would you all take that so personal? I can get personal if you want.

Play nice huh? Maybe you need to stop playing with urself in front of a computer while you comment on an ecig forum all day. Grow a pair and stop being the marines crony.